• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Eagles @ Falcons

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they put Berman as announcer for the late game....cause I will be in bed soon and won't have to listen to his obnoxious voice.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the point of getting DeMarco Murray if he is only going to get 9 carries and isn't used on short yardage? Maxwell was terrible and it was a team effort by the Eagles for there loss and that includes Chip.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me is was honestly just like watching the Rams of the previous 3-4 years but with much better RBs and more of a Mad Mike Martz philosophy of throw throw throw throw run. Chip goes pass happy and it's gonna get Sam
Killed against a good Defense.

The NFC looks weak so this will help the Eagles. Cowboys have no Dez and Demarco. Giants can even score on offense. Washington is a mess

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Atlanta played defense for one half...that's a step in the right direction. Coleman looked good last night while Freeman looked awful in the run game. Ryan didn't play well but a win is a win.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the point of getting DeMarco Murray if he is only going to get 9 carries and isn't used on short yardage? Maxwell was terrible and it was a team effort by the Eagles for there loss and that includes Chip.
He was mostly used near the goal line which is where he had both of his touchdowns. I think it's pretty common to abandon the run for the most part whenever a team is losing though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Atlanta played defense for one half...that's a step in the right direction. Coleman looked good last night while Freeman looked awful in the run game. Ryan didn't play well but a win is a win.

ATL D...everybody in camp said the D looked better...they still have a ways to go, but the LB play is so much better already...this was a big step in the right direction as you say Night. Beasley is going to make a few splash plays with his speed...As a DE...I'm not sure yet...but he was going against possibly the best LT in the game and he was mostly quiet last night as was Hageman.

Scheme wise they didn't seem to blitz as much in the 2nd half.

OFC...the OL looked better than everyone in camp talked about...Coleman is explosive...Freeman is coming back from a hammy and maybe that was a factor in his decisions. Shanny ran it 30+ times last night...great balance. The 1st pick was a great D play by the LB...the 2nd one was more on Matt.

Good start...I see a lot of upside on the OFC...Toilolo has to get some RZ targets...just too big not to have 6 to 10 TDs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was mostly used near the goal line which is where he had both of his touchdowns. I think it's pretty common to abandon the run for the most part whenever a team is losing though.

Kind of agree with Malibu...you get rid of Shady b/c he doesn't fit the style and bring in a workhorse type RB and never try to establish him in the game. Split him out wide, etc. I know it's just one game, but Bradford is not going to make it 16 games throwing it 40+ times.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL D...everybody in camp said the D looked better...they still have a ways to go, but the LB play is so much better already...this was a big step in the right direction as you say Night. Beasley is going to make a few splash plays with his speed...As a DE...I'm not sure yet...but he was going against possibly the best LT in the game and he was mostly quiet last night as was Hageman.

Scheme wise they didn't seem to blitz as much in the 2nd half.

OFC...the OL looked better than everyone in camp talked about...Coleman is explosive...Freeman is coming back from a hammy and maybe that was a factor in his decisions. Shanny ran it 30+ times last night...great balance. The 1st pick was a great D play by the LB...the 2nd one was more on Matt.

Good start...I see a lot of upside on the OFC...Toilolo has to get some RZ targets...just too big not to have 6 to 10 TDs.
I don't think the tight end is going to be much of a factor in this offense. I know it was just the first game but Ryan only targeted a tight end 4 times last night compared to Bradford who targeted a tight end 9 times. Overall I'm sure it is somewhat of a combination of talent and scheme.

Beasley looked good last night. He actually had quite a few plays where he hurried Bradford that won't show up on the stat line.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of agree with Malibu...you get rid of Shady b/c he doesn't fit the style and bring in a workhorse type RB and never try to establish him in the game. Split him out wide, etc. I know it's just one game, but Bradford is not going to make it 16 games throwing it 40+ times.
Another thing to factor in is that he was going absolutely nowhere when they did try to run the ball in the first half. The gaps didn't really start to open until the 2nd half.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge penalties. The refs were smoking bath salts out there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the tight end is going to be much of a factor in this offense. I know it was just the first game but Ryan only targeted a tight end 4 times last night compared to Bradford who targeted a tight end 9 times. Overall I'm sure it is somewhat of a combination of talent and scheme.

Beasley looked good last night. He actually had quite a few plays where he hurried Bradford that won't show up on the stat line.

OFC...maybe you're right but I think they didn't showed everything...Shanny targeted the TE in CLE quite a bit I thought. Tamme...maybe you saw something in the coverage but Julio got only 2 or 3 targets in the 2nd half.

Beasley I thought he was quiet overall, but yeah he did get past the big fella a couple of times last night...he has that quick step and burst, knocked down a pass...I liked what I saw going against Peters.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge penalties. The refs were smoking bath salts out there.

The biggest one imo...the holding call or PI on PHI...I forget now on the play where Ryan was sacked but it was 3rd down and kept the drive alive...it was a letter of the law type penalty...had no effect on the play...should never have been called.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very impressed with the ATL RB Coleman and I was very pissed I took Dez over Julio Jones in the 2nd round of my draft. :gaah:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest one imo...the holding call or PI on PHI...I forget now on the play where Ryan was sacked but it was 3rd down and kept the drive alive...it was a letter of the law type penalty...had no effect on the play...should never have been called.

Yeah that one was bullshit, but the many against the offense hurt as well.

Eagles sucked in the first half though. That's why the lost, but I always thought they'd come back in the 2nd half and they did only to have the kicker blow it. And Chip's time management leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't look like he has a clue about it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that one was bullshit, but the many against the offense hurt as well.

Eagles sucked in the first half though. That's why the lost, but I always thought they'd come back in the 2nd half and they did only to have the kicker blow it. And Chip's time management leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't look like he has a clue about it.

One play they called that rarely gets called and it's a staple for NE is the rub (pick) play...ATL got hit twice for that. I saw some reports saying why didn't they but Maxwell on Julio full-time...idt it would've made a big difference...I was pulling for ATL, but they should've have double him from the getgo and forced someone else to beat them.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One play they called that rarely gets called and it's a staple for NE is the rub (pick) play...ATL got hit twice for that. I saw some reports saying why didn't they but Maxwell on Julio full-time...idt it would've made a big difference...I was pulling for ATL, but they should've have double him from the getgo and forced someone else to beat them.

Julio was toasting Maxwell. Can't play him with single coverage.