• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Jacksonville @ Buffalo 7:30pm EST ESPN

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't get the "shaky receiving unit" take. Sorry, but it simply isn't true and never was. Gabe Davis was always just an average #2 aside from a couple of big games in the play-offs like 3-4 years ago and although Diggs will surely help the Texans, getting rid of him makes Allen a better QB overall. The step back here is very minimal, imo, if there even is one. Shakeer is playing great and they do have one of the best TE rooms in football and a really good RB. And the rookie looks like he's already gonna be good. It's early and the Jags are trash and the Dolphins grossly overrated but I just don't get the doom and gloom about the Bills going into this season strictly based on the loss of Diggs.

I think people were unhappy that they didn't chase bigger names to fill those holes, both in the draft and free agency. They're easing in Coleman, who was also a divisive choice given his lack of separation in college (I felt this way initially too). His personality has won me over enough that even if he never becomes the #1, I'm cool with the pick. I really wanted McConkey and Burton in the draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it might be worse because Lawrence was the number one pick, Watson didn’t go until 12.

I'm just talking since their extensions really. Watson was also far better in his earlier seasons than Lawrence is likely to ever be. Watson seems broken somehow.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite his massive contract extension Trevor is rapidly approaching bust territory if he’s not there already.
Yeah, there are still people who push back on the bust tag and continue to make excuses. Whatever side of that fence a person sits, there is no denying he has been a huge disappointment and probably the most overhyped QB coming out of college we've seen. I doubt he ever comes close to living up to that hype. He has talent and is a decent guy but damn, that contract is looking real suspect given he really hasn't done anything to earn it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there are still people who push back on the bust tag and continue to make excuses. Whatever side of that fence a person sits, there is no denying he has been a huge disappointment and probably the most overhyped QB coming out of college we've seen. I doubt he ever comes close to living up to that hype. He has talent and is a decent guy but damn, that contract is looking real suspect given he really hasn't done anything to earn it.

I didn't see a lot of him at Clemson (just the games vs Syracuse lol), but he seemed overhyped to me then as well.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see a lot of him at Clemson (just the games vs Syracuse lol), but he seemed overhyped to me then as well.
Yeah, I never really watch much college ball so I can't say but he has been very underwhelming given the hype. I'm not going to deny that the Jags are a sorry franchise in general but he really isn't the difference maker that can get them to rise above their shortcomings. And he's been a turnover machine which is never good. 60 TDs, 40 int's, 21 lost fumbles. That's Jameis Winston level. Also heard a stat that if the Jags defense doesn't get a turnover, Trevor is 1-21. At some point, a supposedly elite QB or even a very good QB wins at least a few games in that circumstance.