• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EAGLES/COWGIRLS

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shitty year. It sucks how much it sucks. But I still feel one thing....I’m not doing that “we will never fucking win anything” nonsense. We won the fucking super bowl. And it’s a little surprising how little that weighs right now. But it’s still a thing. It doesn’t help the now. But it helps the offseason. It helps to have some hope enough to give some time to see how the org adjusts this offseason.

But all that is later. Right now this just sucks. Above all else I want to sweep the fucking Cowboys handily next year.

Here is the thing. The team is not as bad as it's record. The coaching staff has some serious limitations because there is real talent on the team but they are not used right. We were in this game and could have won it and did not even deserve it. The defense was horrible and I am not putting that all on the players. The secondary is just beaten to death but the Cowboys beat us with the same plays they used in the first game and we were not prepared. We gave up 450 to Dak Prescott.....unreal.[/QUOTE]

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel like this is a troll attempt. i will choose not to answer either way at this time.

No troll attempt. The Eagles are essentially out of the playoffs right now. Why not bring in Foles and rest Wentz to make sure he's 100% for next year?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shitty year. It sucks how much it sucks. But I still feel one thing....I’m not doing that “we will never fucking win anything” nonsense. We won the fucking super bowl. And it’s a little surprising how little that weighs right now. But it’s still a thing. It doesn’t help the now. But it helps the offseason. It helps to have some hope enough to give some time to see how the org adjusts this offseason.

But all that is later. Right now this just sucks. Above all else I want to sweep the fucking Cowboys handily next year.
i mean, winning the superbowl will hold me over for a long time. team wise, we need to figure out the OL. A lot of questions throughout there. The fact we're talking about Wentz escapability and how he might be suffering on that front this year just shows we might need to work on that.

the lack of a guy to open up the field sucks. the inability to incorporate Tate looks more like the fact they were unable to incorporate Nelson for the majority of the year, people said Tate would be an upgrade, but I've seen nothing to show why this was a good move other than he's supposedly going to draw a compensation pick back, which would lessen the move.

That being said, the one thing I will criticize Wentz on and may have already elsewhere, is on the bye week after the UK game. I saw hunting pics with Trout (if he somehow ends up in Philly this offseason, let's be honest, no chance of him turning into a douche demanding some kind of trade), that was when we brought in Tate, Wentz of the prior year would have had his team out there that week and would have put in some hunting as well as some practice and unity.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No troll attempt. The Eagles are essentially out of the playoffs right now. Why not bring in Foles and rest Wentz to make sure he's 100% for next year?

I will vouch for Terry....good people....I do not see much trolling from Steelers fans however a couple of them like to pick on PE1

With that said.... Sitting Wentz will not help him. It would probably set him back mentally. He has shown this year even with the issues we seem to have that he is an elite QB. I think a full season under his belt after the injury he had will help him more than hurt him. Given a full off season and OTA's as well as a full training camp will get him on the same page as his receivers which I think is a major issue. They are all not on the same page. Only he and Ertz seem to be

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will vouch for Terry....good people....I do not see much trolling from Steelers fans however a couple of them like to pick on PE1

With that said.... Sitting Wentz will not help him. It would probably set him back mentally. He has shown this year even with the issues we seem to have that he is an elite QB. I think a full season under his belt after the injury he had will help him more than hurt him. Given a full off season and OTA's as well as a full training camp will get him on the same page as his receivers which I think is a major issue. They are all not on the same page. Only he and Ertz seem to be

I need my Eagles family to back me. Haha. J/K I’m a fool for getting into the battles I do.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing. The team is not as bad as it's record. The coaching staff has some serious limitations because there is real talent on the team but they are not used right. We were in this game and could have won it and did not even deserve it. The defense was horrible and I am not putting that all on the players. The secondary is just beaten to death but the Cowboys beat us with the same plays they used in the first game and we were not prepared. We gave up 450 to Dak Prescott.....unreal.
[/QUOTE]
Dak made two good throws, good on him there. Dude also missed a guy twice on what would have been similarly huge TD passes that were wide open.

The team is as bad as it's record. I know there's ways to talk around it, but you really are what your record is. Yes, there's tons of things that could have bounced either way, but it just wasn't there this year. The secondary may have been beaten to death, but we also lost a lot of depth on the line to start the year, then had some injuries crop up during it. That being said, Bennett has done a great job all year. BG was hurt for the majority of it, but still playing, Cox doesn't get holding calls nearly as much as he should (there was one early on today on a third down that was so plain as day, yet the crew completely ignored it and pointed out how Jenkins miss led to that extra yard for the first down...)

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

meh, i still want to respond with the steelers held out ben because it was a road game and they figured the best chance of them winning was with him sitting on the pine.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if I'd use the E word on him just yet. He's definitely up there as one of the best young QBs in the game. I'm just worried about possibly re-injuring that leg playing a meaningless game. While he's looked good practically all season, there are some throws that are either questionable or I feel like he didn't have enough power in the lower half to make the throw as good as he could've.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, i still want to respond with the steelers held out ben because it was a road game and they figured the best chance of them winning was with him sitting on the pine.

And I would respond with that was a shitty decision by a coach who should be half way out the door already.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would respond with that was a shitty decision by a coach who should be half way out the door already.
i know, i'd probably say something like how you all wanted cowher gone, but then he won the lombardi (as an eagles fan, we got so much similar shit in regards to kicking Andy Reid out the door), I'd like to same I'm just salty after the game, but, no, that's probably it. wondering if i can trust james conner in my lineup next week is also worrisome to me, did they hold them out because they thought they were playing a shit team? if they sit him out again, do I play JS over Gronk at TE?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'd use the E word on him just yet. He's definitely up there as one of the best young QBs in the game. I'm just worried about possibly re-injuring that leg playing a meaningless game. While he's looked good practically all season, there are some throws that are either questionable or I feel like he didn't have enough power in the lower half to make the throw as good as he could've.

I meant Elite as far as young QB's go. I don't have him in the class of Rodgers/Brees/Brady just yet. However when it comes to the young QB's playing today there are only a couple that I would even consider taking over him.

You are right about the leg power not that I think about it. I had not looked at it that way but at times he does seem to be off on his throws that he was making easily his rookie season and last year.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... my direct TV was fading in and out during the game and I just saw that 75 yard TD stolen from Goedert. Are you kidding.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think playing is helping him. He is not the same QB from last year and I think a lot of that is mental. He is not nearly as mobile either. You can tell just by the way he is moving when pressured. Teams are playing 8 in the box and crowding the line of scrimmage because our receivers cannot get open.

All in all the offensive game planning this year has been abysmal. Doug's staff has done nothing to help take some of the pressure off.
He looked good in the second half but there is no denying his planned runs were very sluggish.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... my direct TV was fading in and out during the game and I just saw that 75 yard TD stolen from Goedert. Are you kidding.
they scored later on that drive. calls were made or missed throughout the game, it is what is it, though it mostly wasn't for the eagles. you'd hope you'd get the same home cooking when it's your turn, though.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good in the second half but there is no denying his planned runs were very sluggish.
that option was just a shitty call all around. didn't feel better when the boys ran in it on i believe the next drive to a nice gain.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that option was just a shitty call all around. didn't feel better when the boys ran in it on i believe the next drive to a nice gain.
Yes. There were a couple other wentz runs that looked like a manning running it as well.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. Adams had some good runs, and they stop running the ball. Schwartz's defense is terrible. Bend but don't break. It seems like it breaks at the wrong times

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ref's stole this game. I wonder are they that incompetent or was there a directive from outside sources? Fukin ref's!
Could also point the finger at Jake Elliott. Jackass.