• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EAGLES/COWGIRLS

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. I feel like Wentz is going to be fine (wishful thinking perhaps). From the moment he was injured last Dec my mind has thought about the “one year” that knee injuries need to really bounce back from. And that is usually a fact ascribed to just ACL and not two ligaments.

He made a hell of a bounce back to even make the field this year, much less by week 3. He wears a knee brace, which alone has to feel like running in glue. The scheme to work around the lessened mobility just hasn’t existed, or executed, anyway.

I feel like if there was a crystal ball to show all the challenges this year maybe he would have been shelved for the year to fully recover. But that wasn’t possible.

Which brings to the mental aspects. There is a lack of fearlessness that shows up this year. The guy was hobbled. He is human. And I think he has what it takes to work past it.

In the end the hope is that this abysmal season reaps future benefit in having Wentz in there fighting through it all. With another offseason to fully heal physically and the game experience of this year to help him heal mentally he will be in great shape next year.

That just puts it on the org to use a full offseason this time around to get priority holes filled.....fix the coaching staff and plug the priority roster holes and set up best for bounce back next year.

If the team can do that effectively I don’t have much concern that Wentz won’t be ready to bounce back as well.