• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler brought up the point that tanking was discussed earlier, so I went thru this thread until I found the discussion and I'm going to quote the relevant posts on the subject.

I actually never understood reverse order from last place to first...

i propose it goes 7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-6-5-4-3-2-1

where we have a 6 team playoffs

I like both Barilko and Milk's draft ideas.

Milk's order for future drafts will keep teams from blowing games for a better draft pick.

There had better not be anyone in this league who would even consider something so bush league

I like Barilko's idea with the randomizer/choose your spot in year one.

Can't for the life of me understand why Milk would want #7 having the #1 pick though, especially when earlier the concern was bad teams not having a chance to improve. ..why oh why penalize #14??

The ONLY reason it makes sense is to keep teams from tanking late in the season. And anyone who would consider such a thing. .PLEASE, leave now

sounds good, and agreed on all points

There are no idiot owners here. If that ever happened, they would be booted. I don't see tanking ever being a problem.

Worst last year deserves hope for the next. Simple. We are not a group of shady owners.

I really dislike the way this conversation is going. Smitty, people really do that in dynasty leagues a lot? Tank fucking games?

Am I naive or something in thinking that is just despicable? This will be my first dynasty league, so maybe I am. Or maybe I take things too seriously.

no way no how will an MBBRLeaguer every tank

that conversation shouldnt even exist
anyone who leans towards that direction should walk away now...

it is easy to replace some one Lefty/Fuzz split up and tankers gone....

Some of these conversations are like picking fly sh!t out of pepper. We are a community of fantasy nuts or we wouldn't be here in May. We are here for enjoyment and competition. Tanking is not an option and I find it a bit insulting that it even came up.
IMO - There is no prevention for every scenario to bend or break rules other than honor - and I think everyone interested in this league are honorable. If not, they get sorted out and by vote should be booted. Simple.

Now, I fully understand some topics need discussion in a new league, but if we keep spending days on end on one topic we'll never get started. Let's move on. ...

@Microwahevo as you can see the topic of losing games to get a higher draft pick( thus making a team more competitive for a championship the following year ) has been discussed. Hands down it is considered unethical and the offender should/would get booted if it ever happened. Mostly nobody believed it would happen in this league, yet it has and by the commish no less.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to see that you did not take the bait and slink to the level of tanking. I like your revised lineup.
was never leaving it that way. like i said i dropped malcom mitchell at one point to field a qb for a week

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would LOVE to trade Forte for a draft pick so I can justify starting Sexy Rexy Burkhead..sorry, that's what my sister called him in college, and its stuck

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would LOVE to trade Forte for a draft pick so I can justify starting Sexy Rexy Burkhead..sorry, that's what my sister called him in college, and its stuck

If I only had a draft pick besides a fourth. :rolleyes2:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ingy and a 2nd?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have two second rounders. Would you consider the first pick of the two.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO offer probably looks better, dang it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad..but I'm not high on having an elite, injury prone TE..especially one I consider to be soft, I think he misses time where most players would rub some dirt on itand get back in

Yeah I know your thoughts on him. However consider this, when healthy he can be a difference maker in any given week, he's young and well be a asset for some time. Ingram seems to be getting beat out by Hightower and Forte is 31 this month....