• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty trade

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just traded away the 1.10 and 1.12 for Ekeler and Royce Freeman. I have Gordon and Justin Jackson and Lindsay ( and Mixon) on my roster and felt these two RB would be a good fit for my roster. Kind of sucks to have no 1st, but they really late picks ( 12 team league) that I figured the players I traded for would be better value, but hold some risk.
Good trade? Bad trade? Thoughts?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just traded away the 1.10 and 1.12 for Ekeler and Royce Freeman. I have Gordon and Justin Jackson and Lindsay ( and Mixon) on my roster and felt these two RB would be a good fit for my roster. Kind of sucks to have no 1st, but they really late picks ( 12 team league) that I figured the players I traded for would be better value, but hold some risk.
Good trade? Bad trade? Thoughts?

Deep draft this year that should still be giving good players at the 10 spot. To me this trade all depends on if it is a PPR. In a PPR I would say good trade because that is where Ekeler's value is. If not PPR I wouldn't have done it.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chargers don't bring back Gordon, it may well be worth it if they rely more heavily on Erkel.
You know my feelings on rookies.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep draft this year that should still be giving good players at the 10 spot. To me this trade all depends on if it is a PPR. In a PPR I would say good trade because that is where Ekeler's value is. If not PPR I wouldn't have done it.

Good point, yes it’s PPR. Also we have 2 flex spots so should be useful as flex players. TBH not my usual mix at RB and I’m still a little worried about how they produce. Like most leagues RBs will be flying off the board at the top of the round, long before pick 10 or 12. Think first 4 picks will be RBs, then a run on WRs.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you needed RB's, not WR's, good deal, CU's I sure don't bank on the 3-4 RB's that have a legit shot being around at 10 or 12. If you were hit or miss either way, I'd have likely rather waited and snagged best player available come draft day.

Like Ekeler, but am concerned long term, not just his durability, but Rivers might not even be there next year, let alone long term. And lord knows what that offense will look like with a rookie or journeyman type if they don't go get a TeddyB or Thai Stick type.
And certainly sounds like the Donkeys are willing to commit to Lindsey. Freeman still a great cuff, but not worth the price tag.....unless your set for awhile at WR, then filling the needs is worth it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chargers don't bring back Gordon, it may well be worth it if they rely more heavily on Erkel.
You know my feelings on rookies.

Thinking Gordon lands on a new team which could be helpful for my roster.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you needed RB's, not WR's, good deal, CU's I sure don't bank on the 3-4 RB's that have a legit shot being around at 10 or 12. If you were hit or miss either way, I'd have likely rather waited and snagged best player available come draft day.

Like Ekeler, but am concerned long term, not just his durability, but Rivers might not even be there next year, let alone long term. And lord knows what that offense will look like with a rookie or journeyman type if they don't go get a TeddyB or Thai Stick type.
And certainly sounds like the Donkeys are willing to commit to Lindsey. Freeman still a great cuff, but not worth the price tag.....unless your set for awhile at WR, then filling the needs is worth it.

Not strong at WR either. On the bright side have Mahomes and Kittle so QB and TE are looking good. Some good WRs in this draft, but I suspect the ones I would be hoping for will be gone before pick 10. That what swayed me to do the deal.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think it was certainly worth the 1.10 for Ekeler and a second for Freeman. Think I would've held on to the 1.12 and used it on a WR (or QB as trade bait). Unlike some, I'm really not all that high on the RB's in this yrs class. Sure landing spot and free agency can change all that (for good or bad). At this time, just personally think the money in this class is at WR and QB. .... that's where the depth is. ...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not strong at WR either. On the bright side have Mahomes and Kittle so QB and TE are looking good. Some good WRs in this draft, but I suspect the ones I would be hoping for will be gone before pick 10. That what swayed me to do the deal.
That was gonna be my other thought, the best QB or TE might be a good alternative at the back end of the draft, but, with those two dudes, that's definitely not a need.

So, if your thinking 4 RB's go early, wether its the first four, or four of the top nine..regardless, your pretty sure they'll be gone before you pick right? (I agree BTW). So that leaves 5 WR's likely to be gone before your #10..We've got, most likely but not for certain, Juedy, Lamb, Smith, Ruggs, Shenualt..and a few others potentially...yeah, I'd rather have Eckeler unless I had some reason to believe one of those 5 guys was definitely gonna be there..at this point in time

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think it was certainly worth the 1.10 for Ekeler and a second for Freeman. Think I would've held on to the 1.12 and used it on a WR (or QB as trade bait). Unlike some, I'm really not all that high on the RB's in this yrs class. Sure landing spot and free agency can change all that (for good or bad). At this time, just personally think the money in this class is at WR and QB. .... that's where the depth is. ...
He most definitely want both picks. He's sent me several ( not good ones) offers for the pair and he didn't want to just trade Ekeler for a pick. Think this was my first trade completed with this owner. We have had plenty of trade talks, but in the past were miles apart in value. We were sorted of miffed with each other for a time. So glad we could find some common ground this time. I did Ok last season and feel this helps the roster ( although that's not a slam dunk). I'll be looking to trade for a WR upgrade next, if possible.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He most definitely want both picks. He's sent me several ( not good ones) offers for the pair and he didn't want to just trade Ekeler for a pick. Think this was my first trade completed with this owner. We have had plenty of trade talks, but in the past were miles apart in value. We were sorted of miffed with each other for a time. So glad we could find some common ground this time. I did Ok last season and feel this helps the roster ( although that's not a slam dunk). I'll be looking to trade for a WR upgrade next, if possible.
Ok, I get it. Sounds like you're certainly leaning (if not already done) towards accepting. It's not a bad trade for you at all - just looking at values and your team structure. ... as is always the case; it's easier to get usable WR's than RB's. Was just thinking maybe you could squeeze a bit more outta the deal. If you have a 2nd there will likely be a WR or QB then.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like it - you did give up a couple of the best 'dart throw' draft picks though. Once you get passed 7/8 in rookie drafts, you are just taking stabs. Picks after round 2......GOOD LUCK!