• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if an owner really gets smacked with COVID it isn't going to matter what we do, they are going to be screwed. The reason I think we are better off expanding the rosters now is that everybody has an equal shot at adding 5 more guys. If we wait until the season starts and you have a starter that goes on the COVID list, you will have to put in a waiver claim for him and unless you are #1 on the list you are going to miss out on him anyway. I just think you have a better shot at having someone you can plus into your lineup by expanding the rosters now than by being at the mercy of the waiver wire later on.
i guess i depends what angle ya look at that from

if 14 teams add 5 players that is 70 gone from the waiver wire

so i do not think there would be an advantage to pull from your 5 compared to the second or 3rd choice of 70 that would still be on the wire...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i depends what angle ya look at that from

if 14 teams add 5 players that is 70 gone from the waiver wire

so i do not think there would be an advantage to pull from your 5 compared to the second or 3rd choice of 70 that would still be on the wire...

To each his own, but we'll just have to agree to disagree. If you gave me the option of picking up any five guys I wanted to now or keeping all the rosters as is and being #1 on waivers to start the season I'd take the five guys now every time as a better option. If one of my guys gets COVID during the season and I don't have a better option with the five extra I picked up than what is left on waivers, then in my opinion, I did a shitty job in choosing the five guys I did.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it guys, this is gonna be one strange year no matter how you slice it. But I don't think opt-outs or COVID should drive us to some set of complex rules or extra burden to the Commish. If you own a stud in a normal yr and he goes down due to injury it's really the same scenario - - you're not gonna get the backup afterwards unless you just happen to be #1 on waivers..... And let's face it, there is no stud on waivers presently - so if you lose several you're just pretty much done for this yr no matter what is done. ....
None of us can predict opt-outs or COVID any more so than injuries. (Although we can wait until the opt-out period passes.) So, I'm for whatever is easiest and the least work for a commish to deal with - simply expanding rosters this yr is just that, simple.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 5 might be extreme. I would be good with a max of two additional spots but they can only be used for Covid players. The best way to police that make the owner announce they are using one. Maybe a specifc thread for Covid transactions only. I dont know. I dont think we can do IR because Covid is likely temporary and not an injury.

not sure there is a clean way to do this honestly

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 5 might be extreme. I would be good with a max of two additional spots but they can only be used for Covid players. The best way to police that make the owner announce they are using one. Maybe a specifc thread for Covid transactions only. I dont know. I dont think we can do IR because Covid is likely temporary and not an injury.

not sure there is a clean way to do this honestly

Fantrax will allow for players that opt out to be placed on IR.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sooo.... A little love for expanded rosters... A little love for expanded IR, a (very) little push back on one or the other...and an awful lot of indifference.

So, what do I do with that?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sooo.... A little love for expanded rosters... A little love for expanded IR, a (very) little push back on one or the other...and an awful lot of indifference.

This is why we pay you the big bucks.
upload_2020-8-4_23-0-3.png

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poll time!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure it won’t land but I’m looking to move either Ebron or Irv Smith.

anyone looking for a TE flyer?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I really don't think anything was decided as far as this season goes. Are we just leaving everything as is? Or are we going to wait a few weeks and see if they call off the season first? LOL.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I really don't think anything was decided as far as this season goes. Are we just leaving everything as is? Or are we going to wait a few weeks and see if they call off the season first? LOL.
are you talking about changes to settings?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the few who chimed in, seemed somewhat tepid, and very few actually did respond, soooo.....?
Im prepared to just implement your suggestions, polls be damned, or do nothing, or..if someone else cares to chime in...? Bueller?? Bueller??

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're going to need one of your favorite polls. I'd just do one for expand rosters or don't expand rosters and then if the expand rosters option wins we can do another poll for how many we expand it by. Unless we want to pick a different option.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're going to need one of your favorite polls. I'd just do one for expand rosters or don't expand rosters and then if the expand rosters option wins we can do another poll for how many we expand it by. Unless we want to pick a different option.
Fuckin' polls
w-BcP_.gif