• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for those upset by Foot's recent trades, I'll address ours. We gave a 1st and Collins (who I agree has been a disappointment) for a WW pickup. Sure he's the lead back in DEN but come on. ..... it's not as outlandish as some others I've seen here.
Anyway, a major factor for us was because he been good this yr, no doubt - but we already have Freeman, who may, or may not, end up being the lead back next yr. ....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for those upset by Foot's recent trades, I'll address ours. We gave a 1st and Collins (who I agree has been a disappointment) for a WW pickup. Sure he's the lead back in DEN but come on. ..... it's not as outlandish as some others I've seen here.
Anyway, a major factor for us was because he been good this yr, no doubt - but we already have Freeman, who may, or may not, end up being the lead back next yr. ....
for me its the other trade, period. the lindsey one i can certainly see. But lindsey isnt really a waiver pickup. He came from waivers, but hes been a consistent lead RB almost the entire year, hes not a typical ww pick up.....hes a damn fine player and starter, second only to barkley in rookie rushing, and 11th overall in rushing. thats a solid RB2, and in this league rb1 almost

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does, but some are so lopsided its absurd. the best player on his roster right now
lamar mill
desean jackson
Ryan tannehill?
and all the picks he traded for are late firsts at best

im gonna shut up, but this is the kind of stuff we have discussions about in other threads about vetoes and lopsided trade talks
Yep we sure do, and overwhelming we all say something to the effect of "I'd never veto a trade" or something along the lines of "leagues with veto's are just gay"...
for me its the other trade, period. the lindsey one i can certainly see. But lindsey isnt really a waiver pickup. He came from waivers, but hes been a consistent lead RB almost the entire year, hes not a typical ww pick up.....hes a damn fine player and starter, second only to barkley in rookie rushing, and 11th overall in rushing. thats a solid RB2, and in this league rb1 almost

We're just gonna have to live with it. They offered, he accepted. End o story. And what he got for Bell was more than I would've offered not knowing where he'll be next year, just ask EHB from D2, so let's just move on.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep we sure do, and overwhelming we all say something to the effect of "I'd never veto a trade" or something along the lines of "leagues with veto's are just gay"...

We're just gonna have to live with it. They offered, he accepted. End o story. And what he got for Bell was more than I would've offered not knowing where he'll be next year, just ask EHB from D2, so let's just move on.
K

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow guys, Looks like I could have gotten a lot more for those RBS. I don't mind explaining my reasoning though. I feel like bell is gonna a bust. He will get paid and that is usually a very bad thing and he took a year off and I just get the feeling once he gets that money its game over for him.

Lindsy is great but Freeman will prevent him from being a sure thing in the future. Plus I have so many needs on my team and I have a little more faith in kalen ballage than most.

Plus I'll prolly offer both my ones for a blue chip player anyway. Barilkos has a few backs that interest me.

I have no regrets on my trades other then seeing all this talk and me wishing I put those guys up on the block to see what would have been bidded.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only trade I regret is giving up tyreek hill. I might give bandit both my ones for him back lol

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see others commenting as well, not just me.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see others commenting as well, not just me.
I'm not attempting to single anyone out, only quoted yours because they fit my narrative :)
My apologies there.

Thing is, the trades were done within the rules, regardless of fair or unfair, even or lopsided, they're within the rules we all set forth from the begining. We've all made our opinions known, I'm right there with ya, but, I think that's about all we need. We keep going, and before long people are gonna get snippy, and pissy, and we don't need that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not attempting to single anyone out, only quoted yours because they fit my narrative :)
My apologies there.

Thing is, the trades were done within the rules, regardless of fair or unfair, even or lopsided, they're within the rules we all set forth from the begining. We've all made our opinions known, I'm right there with ya, but, I think that's about all we need. We keep going, and before long people are gonna get snippy, and pissy, and we don't need that.
Fair enough

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just my opinion on trades. I feel that if someone likes a player. I mean like really really likes him. He should be able to to make a play for him and be aloud to offer as much as he is willing to give up to get him.

I get that paying too much for a player could cause the league to be lopsided but it's almost impossible to say if someone played to much at the time of a trade.

One instance 3 years ago in my idp league I traded Morgan burnett and DeSean Jackson for tyreek hill. Hill was a rookie and had a decent end to the season but no one thought it was fair. They though I paid too much and were going to veto it but left it alone. 2 years later and now it looks like a robbery. I also firmly believe the value is players changes yearly. Some guys go up some go down.

The only way I would have an issue if someone was paying too much was if it was believed there was collutuon involved and it was to benefit another team.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just my opinion on trades. I feel that if someone likes a player. I mean like really really likes him. He should be able to to make a play for him and be aloud to offer as much as he is willing to give up to get him.

I get that paying too much for a player could cause the league to be lopsided but it's almost impossible to say if someone played to much at the time of a trade.

One instance 3 years ago in my idp league I traded Morgan burnett and DeSean Jackson for tyreek hill. Hill was a rookie and had a decent end to the season but no one thought it was fair. They though I paid too much and were going to veto it but left it alone. 2 years later and now it looks like a robbery. I also firmly believe the value is players changes yearly. Some guys go up some go down.

The only way I would have an issue if someone was paying too much was if it was believed there was collutuon involved and it was to benefit another team.
I mean I agree in most instances. But I’ll withhold on this instance

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the trades.

Was real damn tired of the bitching being over who was trying to lose harder.

Try to win got damnit, that's the point. That's why it's fun.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the trades.

Was real damn tired of the bitching being over who was trying to lose harder.

Try to win got damnit, that's the point. That's why it's fun.
Just saying the argument was he has tons of holes to fill. His now best player may be frank gore. And the draft picks are late firsts...picks 10+

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well whatever i say certainly cant help

i just timed it well

hey i gave up a 2 and martin to get miller

so from my end

i gave up a 1 a 2 a 3 and martin and benj for Bell who i cant use until next year (I hope) and edelman.... so..........

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well whatever i say certainly cant help

i just timed it well

hey i gave up a 2 and martin to get miller

so from my end

i gave up a 1 a 2 a 3 and martin and benj for Bell who i cant use until next year (I hope) and edelman.... so..........
So U got a first round rb, a wr 2 for Doug Martin, a wr12, and some late picks lol come on u know u fleeced