• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those rules only really set the penalties going forward, they don't really safeguard the current "integrity" of matchups.

This instance for example..had Foot's lack of a lineup led to OBX winning, and thus likely losing out on a shot at the #1 pick..sure we could've docked Foot some draft picks, maybe even kick him out altogether, but it doesn't prevent what OBX lost.

And, yet, Smitty is %100 right. Its a really shitty grey area in my book

I didn't mean to cause this many issues with what I said. I do not believe that Foot is trying to tank in any way, he has a history of forgetting to set his lineups. Something that all of us have done from time to time, I did it Monday night in my hockey league.

As far as keeping track of missing spots in the lineup. It is a tiebreaker in D2 and since I am keeping track of it there it is easy to keep track of it here. I don't think there is any repercussions in this league for not setting a lineup. In a dynasty we need some leeway there. I lost Dallas's D in D2 because I didn't want to go with an empty spot.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to cause this many issues with what I said. I do not believe that Foot is trying to tank in any way, he has a history of forgetting to set his lineups. Something that all of us have done from time to time, I did it Monday night in my hockey league.

As far as keeping track of missing spots in the lineup. It is a tiebreaker in D2 and since I am keeping track of it there it is easy to keep track of it here. I don't think there is any repercussions in this league for not setting a lineup. In a dynasty we need some leeway there. I lost Dallas's D in D2 because I didn't want to go with an empty spot.
Agreed, its Foot being Foot. Doesn't make it right

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that a commish should not get involved with altering lineups (unless asked to do so). Especially in dynasty where there are far too many consequences and unknowns involved. For instance, we own Foot's 1st rd pick so him mismanaging his lineup is really to our advantage - right, wrong or indifferent. Perhaps that is selfish but the trading of draft spots and potential draft spot 'penalties' to the offender would be unfair to those who did good faith deals with that person prior to, or during, the season.
I think the only truly solution is to just dis-invite anyone with xx number of roster violations immediately (whatever is a reasonable number agreed by the league - or even set forth by the commish). Find a new owner (there are plenty of guys who'd step in) and move on. ... I like Foot but he has become a consent topic and burden to this league. Seems the solution is to dump him and replace.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd agree, but solving this problem is probably easier.

Ask @The Foot if he wants to stay in this league.

I refuse to believe it's a time issue. His threads are all about, "quick", "not sure how long this offer will be up"... etc. That implies he's receiving offers and immediately responding. Which means it's about priorities. Once in a blue moon, who cares, but this seems to be an ongoing subject.

I love you, Foot, as I know you love us. So what gives?

To be clear... I'm not asking you to step down, or implying I want you to, I'm asking if that is what you want. Not judging or accusing, just curious. Because another conclusion outside of priorities for leagues, is hard to suggest.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, we can call it the Foot rule. All we need is his approval for the commish to set his bye week lineups if applicable to the situation.

:)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, we can call it the Foot rule. All we need is his approval for the commish to set his bye week lineups if applicable to the situation.
:)
Then why carry him as an owner ?????

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot has recent history working against him too though, this league, BATG..lots of non management going on the past few seasons, so even if it isnt much this year, its becoming a running theme

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, how about that Blount?? :) :) :)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree, but solving this problem is probably easier.

Ask @The Foot if he wants to stay in this league.

I refuse to believe it's a time issue. His threads are all about, "quick", "not sure how long this offer will be up"... etc. That implies he's receiving offers and immediately responding. Which means it's about priorities. Once in a blue moon, who cares, but this seems to be an ongoing subject.

I love you, Foot, as I know you love us. So what gives?

To be clear... I'm not asking you to step down, or implying I want you to, I'm asking if that is what you want. Not judging or accusing, just curious. Because another conclusion outside of priorities for leagues, is hard to suggest.
TKO I think you're right but. I do love all you guys and I know you love me. I guess I'm just kind of losing my passion for fantasy football a little the last few years. I wouldn't mind stepping down at all in fact I think it would be best as long as no one minds taking on my crappy team. Either way I still always be a part of this board and will continue to ask stupid questions that are heavily misspelled. I hope nobody sees this as a reflection of how I feel about all of you guys and that you're my secondary priority but your right that I have not given my team my top attention and I know there are guys out there that will so yea man if you guys want to select a new guy that would be fine with me and like I said, I'm not going no where.