• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwayne Haskins Partying Maskless at Strip Club

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he absolutely should be mentioned with those guys. Dude couldn't even make it two years. All those guys weren't any good, but there are varying degrees of awfulness. Harrington threw for almost 15,000 yards and almost 80 TD's. Couch threw for over 11,000 yards and 64 TD's. Plus it's never been easier to play QB in the NFL.

It was a mistake to take him at 15. I even said as much whe he was drafted due to his lack of experience in college. But you can't compare a QB picked at 15 with top 3 QB's. And I have never seen any NFLer drafted at 15 be compared to # 1, 2 or 3 overall picks. Well, until now.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time he seemed like good value at 15. But clearly a lot of teams must have passed based on interviews/reports about his maturity, etc.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh! “The league done messed up now” lol :suds:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he had a Geno Smith ceiling

but Geno has hung around a decade

no way on this cat

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a mistake to take him at 15. I even said as much whe he was drafted due to his lack of experience in college. But you can't compare a QB picked at 15 with top 3 QB's. And I have never seen any NFLer drafted at 15 be compared to # 1, 2 or 3 overall picks. Well, until now.

Because Haskins getting released before he finished his 2nd season is unprecedented for a 1st round QB(I think), let alone a top 15 pick. He is comparable because his play was that awful. Haskins would kill to have some of those guy's careers you mentioned(Couch, Harrington, Mirer) and those guys weren't any good either. But still much better than Haskins.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington Football Team waived QB Dwayne Haskins.​

It's the culmination of a professionally catastrophic week for Haskins, who was fined $40,000 and stripped of his team captain title after violating COVID-19 protocols by attending a party maskless. The team was forced into starting him in Week 16 against the Panthers, who looked like the 1985 Bears defense with Haskins completing half of his passes for 154 yards, two interceptions, and a fumble. He was benched in favor of Taylor Heinicke, who had never played a regular season NFL snap but proved a major upgrade over Haskins. Heinicke will back up Alex Smith (calf) if Smith is able to play in the Football Team's critical Week 17 matchup against the Eagles. He ends his tumultuous two-year run in Washington with a 60.1 percent completion rate, 12 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions. In a statement, head coach Ron Rivera thanked Haskins for his contributions. Haskins will be another team's project.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 2020's Johnny Manziel Man of the Year award goes to.......

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GIF by memecandy

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kolb wasn't bad....

Wasn't good but wasn't crap.

And Ted Ginn was never a pro Bowler.

Even as a KR/PR????????
The ones highlighted in yellow were probowlers... Ginn Jr's name wasn't highlighted...

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Haskins getting released before he finished his 2nd season is unprecedented for a 1st round QB(I think), let alone a top 15 pick. He is comparable because his play was that awful. Haskins would kill to have some of those guy's careers you mentioned(Couch, Harrington, Mirer) and those guys weren't any good either. But still much better than Haskins.
I might have the answer for you.

B/c I'm a draft nerd, I did a study on this once a few years ago and started a thread on it. Just how bad a 1st rd pick had to be in order to be cut or traded for nothing in either year 1 or 2. Some of our helpful hoop posters pointed out a player or 2 that i missed. Just for clarification, If a player was on his opening day roster (active, PUP or IR), I counted it as a season, so if a player was traded in the middle of his 3rd year, I gave him credit for that year and he won't be on the 2 year list

You’d be surprised. There are A LOT of 1st rd QBs that are either cut or traded for nothing before the start of their 3rd season.

All cut after 2 seasons:
Todd Marinovich (Raiders)
Brandon Weedon (Browns),
Johnny Manzeil (Browns)

Traded after 2 seasons:
Cade McNown (Bears),
Jim Druckenmiller (Niners)
Tim Tebow (Broncos)

However, Haskins is the first 1st rd QB I can find that was cut or traded for nothing before the end of his 2nd season.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but wonder where the WFT would be if they had actually just signed Cousins to a deal instead of jerking him around with the franchise tag starting 5 years ago? Ladies and gents, could it be that Washington Football Team and Dewayne Haskins were destined for each other, or deserved each other?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have the answer for you.

B/c I'm a draft nerd, I did a study on this once a few years ago and started a thread on it. Just how bad a 1st rd pick had to be in order to be cut or traded for nothing in either year 1 or 2. Some of our helpful hoop posters pointed out a player or 2 that i missed. Just for clarification, If a player was on his opening day roster (active, PUP or IR), I counted it as a season, so if a player was traded in the middle of his 3rd year, I gave him credit for that year and he won't be on the 2 year list

You’d be surprised. There are A LOT of 1st rd QBs that are either cut or traded for nothing before the start of their 3rd season.

All cut after 2 seasons:
Todd Marinovich (Raiders)
Brandon Weedon (Browns),
Johnny Manzeil (Browns)

Traded after 2 seasons:
Cade McNown (Bears),
Jim Druckenmiller (Niners)
Tim Tebow (Broncos)

However, Haskins is the first 1st rd QB I can find that was cut or traded for nothing before the end of his 2nd season.

Appreciate the research. I was trying to base it off of memory in saying that no 1st round QB had ever been cut before the end of the 2nd season. Obviously there are extenuating circumstances off the field that played a role, but all that goes into the bust factor IMO.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went from throwing money at strippers with his girlfriend(who he also paid for I'm guessing) to being out of job a week later.