• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can anyone decipher what RR's plan is now?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I shouldn't have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

So Allen's been named the starter for the Giants game eh. Apparently RR wanted to protect Allen from potential injury so he sends in Alex Smith. A player who may've suffered the worst injury in the NFL since Joe Theismann's broken leg injury and hasn't played in almost 2 years. Against a Rams pass rush led by arguably the game's best player in Aaron Donald. Who had his ears pinned all the way back the entire 2nd half and came up with 4 sacks for the game. So that's awesome. Lets save Kyle Allen from getting his ass kicked the entire 2nd half by sacrificing Alex Smith. Who while still rusty is w/o question WFT's best option at QB going forward...........or so one would assume. Yet after declaring to be developing Dwayne Haskins for the future as reason he opened up the season as WFT's starting QB. RR than surprising many, did a 180 and said WFT was now playing for the present and the opportunity to win the NFC East. Telling Haskins to kick rocks as he made Kyle Allen WFT's starting QB only 4 weeks into the season. Allen did look good for a drive, which lead to WFT's only TD against the Rams, but was knocked out of the game late in the 1st half. This cued the return of Alex Smith into the line up and I thought probably into being named the WFT's starter going forward, but nope. Allem is RR's choice. So are we still trying to win the NFC East or playing for next year. Really, I have no fuckin idea whatsoever.

Ron Rivera Names Washington’s Starting QB Moving Forward `

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only RR knows.

I’m hoping it’s some strategic, chess board playing plan that is the RR long game plan. He ain’t telling us anything about his TRUE strategy. And part of that plan is to never have his actions on the field match his spoken words. Why else is he called Riverboat?! Ha!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I shouldn't have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

So Allen's been named the starter for the Giants game eh. Apparently RR wanted to protect Allen from potential injury so he sends in Alex Smith. A player who may've suffered the worst injury in the NFL since Joe Theismann's broken leg injury and hasn't played in almost 2 years. Against a Rams pass rush led by arguably the game's best player in Aaron Donald. Who had his ears pinned all the way back the entire 2nd half and came up with 4 sacks for the game. So that's awesome. Lets save Kyle Allen from getting his ass kicked the entire 2nd half by sacrificing Alex Smith. Who while still rusty is w/o question WFT's best option at QB going forward...........or so one would assume. Yet after declaring to be developing Dwayne Haskins for the future as reason he opened up the season as WFT's starting QB. RR than surprising many, did a 180 and said WFT was now playing for the present and the opportunity to win the NFC East. Telling Haskins to kick rocks as he made Kyle Allen WFT's starting QB only 4 weeks into the season. Allen did look good for a drive, which lead to WFT's only TD against the Rams, but was knocked out of the game late in the 1st half. This cued the return of Alex Smith into the line up and I thought probably into being named the WFT's starter going forward, but nope. Allem is RR's choice. So are we still trying to win the NFC East or playing for next year. Really, I have no fuckin idea whatsoever.

Ron Rivera Names Washington’s Starting QB Moving Forward `

b/c Allen is the starting QB for this team for 2020. Alex Smith is not the present or future for this team so he is the sacrificial lamb. Yes, he got behind DH but after watching film on the guy it was so bad that he went with Allen. RR went with DH over Allen in Week 1 b/c he saw potential but the guy has nothing upstairs. This was RR first mistake as head coach. Like it or not Allen is the qb for 2020. IF we beat the Giants and the Cowboys and eagles lose we are first place and its a whole new season without Dak in the NFC East. Not bad bad outlook considering.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked Rivera.....I thought Allen was actually hurt when I got a text from a friend saying, "Holy shit!!!! Alex Smith is playing again!!!!" I would have thought he wouldn't play him unless necessary.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected Allen to start 3-5 games before being benched due to his turnovers.....Smith is the better option at QB, but I wouldn't have expected him to be playing that soon after Allen was named the starter after Haskins was benched.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c Allen is the starting QB for this team for 2020. Alex Smith is not the present or future for this team so he is the sacrificial lamb. Yes, he got behind DH but after watching film on the guy it was so bad that he went with Allen. RR went with DH over Allen in Week 1 b/c he saw potential but the guy has nothing upstairs. This was RR first mistake as head coach. Like it or not Allen is the qb for 2020. IF we beat the Giants and the Cowboys and eagles lose we are first place and its a whole new season without Dak in the NFC East. Not bad bad outlook considering.
Smith isn't the TO machine Allen is......he is actually a good game manager who can control the time of possession......something to help your defense from getting gassed and spending too much time on the field......

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith isn't the TO machine Allen is......he is actually a good game manager who can control the time of possession......something to help your defense from getting gassed and spending too much time on the field......

I think its Allens team now. Smith will be the backup. If Allen totally stinks up the joint then I can see RR going back to DH if we are eliminated from playoff contention. The way the division is right now, I can see why the move was made. With Dak going down it gives Allen an even a longer leash,

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why go after the playoffs if you have no shot at doing anything ? We have played 3 playoff contenders and have been blown out 3 times . Who wants Allen or CDC to take us to the playoffs with a 500 or less record to get blown out and then go 4 -12 next year ? It’s one thing if Haskins does it but it’s fools gold all the same . I don’t advocate tanking . I do advocate giving snaps to the guy we invested a 1st round pick rather then spinning our wheels and yet another QB . Are we ever going to get stability at qb ? Shit we have used 3 in 5 games

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why go after the playoffs if you have no shot at doing anything ? We have played 3 playoff contenders and have been blown out 3 times . Who wants Allen or CDC to take us to the playoffs with a 500 or less record to get blown out and then go 4 -12 next year ? It’s one thing if Haskins does it but it’s fools gold all the same . I don’t advocate tanking . I do advocate giving snaps to the guy we invested a 1st round pick rather then spinning our wheels and yet another QB . Are we ever going to get stability at qb ? Shit we have used 3 in 5 games

If we do get to the playoffs that would mean Allen has achieved and DH would be the backup next year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected Allen to start 3-5 games before being benched due to his turnovers.....Smith is the better option at QB, but I wouldn't have expected him to be playing that soon after Allen was named the starter after Haskins was benched.
Smith had a QBR of 2.9 and yards per attempt of less than 3. :doh::nono:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RR should think outside the box. Let's not have a QB! Lets throw in an extra lineman and have direct snap to a RB. Hell, it's not like our passing game scares anyone anyway. In fact, we would no longer need WRs. We can add even more linemen! Think about how much money and heartache we can save by ditching the QB?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith had a QBR of 2.9 and yards per attempt of less than 3. :doh::nono:

Alex did have the misfortune of getting into the game when the Rams were in full jailbreak mode. As well as what seemed to be an offensive game plan of how many hits can he take. I thought he might get injured again when Donald piggyback sacked him. Perhaps though the most whinci-est moment of the game was when they showed Alexs' family in the stands. And his wife did what looked like an involuntary reflex as both her arms went above her head like she was trying to stop her head from popping off.

On a side note in 4 of the games this year. It seems like at a certain point the play calling has switched more to give up, lets end this game soon as possible mode. As opposed to looking at other players or trying something different just to see what it would look like. That's been another puzzling aspect of the RR master plan thus far.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do get to the playoffs that would mean Allen has achieved and DH would be the backup next year.

Do you have stock invested in Allen starting or the Skins making it to the playoffs? And if the Skins do make it to the playoffs, particularly with a losing record. How exactly will that equate to winning? What would be the benefit of that exactly?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RR should think outside the box. Let's not have a QB! Lets throw in an extra lineman and have direct snap to a RB. Hell, it's not like our passing game scares anyone anyway. In fact, we would no longer need WRs. We can add even more linemen! Think about how much money and heartache we can save by ditching the QB?
After watching that laughable game plan that Scot Turner thought would be effective against the Rams D, this would likely be a better strategy to actually score some points.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now changing Ron Rivieras nickname from Riverboat to Reversal.

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have stock invested in Allen starting or the Skins making it to the playoffs? And if the Skins do make it to the playoffs, particularly with a losing record. How exactly will that equate to winning? What would be the benefit of that exactly?

Yes. I win $1000 if we win the division. Who cares what record they have as long as they make it. The benefit is to play in January

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m been thinking...Ruh roh on that lol...

I’m beginning to believe that Ron Reversal always planned to play all 3 QBs on our roster. 4 games each for assessment value. Sadly Turner is too new and uncreative as a OC to create adequate protections with limited talent, regardless of who the QB is.

I mean seriously, I’ve never seen such bad FB in my life from this team as witnessed in the second half of yesterday’s game. I mean, cmon man, poor Alex was used as a sacrificial lamb against the Rams D with no protection and this being after that same D knocked out Kyle Allen. Unbelievable. Actually irresponsible for mr Reversals ‘protect my players from injury’ guy. LMFAO

And same guy ruined ANY chance of being able to put DH back in when we’ve got a just a hair from full on concussion Tim and a gimpy, need to protect 2 yard Check down Charlie.

My only hope is that this coaching staff takes its collective heads outta their asses and have some pressers that say nothing over ridiculousness. (I didn’t put Kyle back in because I wanted to protect him even tho he was cleared to go back in. No, I’ll just put the most heroic return to the field guy, who hasn’t even got the rust knocked off cuz you’ve sabotaged the young healthy guy at QB3.

Right mr reversal... sounds like a legit plan for winning...oh wait can we believe that. Didn’t he initially say this was an R & D year. Which is it now? Who the F knows with this guy.