• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can anyone decipher what RR's plan is now?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to see all that you need to see on TV. Not to mention we do not know the plays or what the players responsibility within the plays are. My pet peeve is people saying the play calling sucked. How do you know, what play was called, did they audible etc.

dad, my answer is the entire D needs to play better. Jon Allen has said that on more than one occasion. KPL has been the best of the LBers in my opinion. All three DEs have been caught on numerous occasions crashing down to hard only to have the play go outside them. That seems wrong to me but not sure how it is being coached. LC plays outside the scheme too often and Apke sometimes takes bad angles. The best tackler on the team IMO is Moreland and he is the smallest guy.
I agree with all of this.

Where is the upgrade at talent needed. I believe:
1. FS
2. SS
3. MLB

I think better coaching/defensive calls are needed and we are in Game 6 now so hopefully JDR can continue to mold the defense. We have to have upgrades at at least those 3 positions I feel heading into next season.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Cali.

duke, you just stepped into my pet peeve mode. What plays were called that were bad? I just watched a replay of Montez chasing a RB 30-40 yards downfield. Great hustle by him. Meanwhile Young, Davis, Bostic and Apke all fell short on the play. Davis too far up field, Young just handled so neither set the edge. Bostic and Apke over running the play resulted in a huge hole. That isn't play calling, that is execution.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Cali.

duke, you just stepped into my pet peeve mode. What plays were called that were bad? I just watched a replay of Montez chasing a RB 30-40 yards downfield. Great hustle by him. Meanwhile Young, Davis, Bostic and Apke all fell short on the play. Davis too far up field, Young just handled so neither set the edge. Bostic and Apke over running the play resulted in a huge hole. That isn't play calling, that is execution.
I can't give a down or exact play and I do believe most of this is on the players. Are the missed tackles and angles bad coaching or just bad plays by the players? This is the NFL so it should be on the player mostly. If these players can't execute proper coverage and miss tackles, then we need to move on from that player.

The AZ game to me seem to just ignore the running ability of Murray. I did not see LBs assigned to cover the QB most of the game. That is an example that comes to mind.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say execution is the biggest issue based on poor angles , poor leverage , bad angles and really no off season to work on techniques

Also I am not sure the SS isnt obsolete in today’s game . You can not win with safeties that can’t cover

And then I will move to LBS . You have to be able to diagnose plays and get to the ball. The LBs we are playing lack speed and can’t cover . I think the SS needs to move to LB where he has a fighting chance vs TE’s

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how many years it is now but since the CBA cut back how often teams can work in pads and tackle, the league as a whole has not tackled as well. Some teams better than others though. The lack of OTAs and preseason games did not help.

Landon Collins just doesn't seem to be a good cover guy. Apke is struggling with coverage at times. I don't think Curl is a FS type ... yet anyhow. He looks more like a box safety to me. I'd like to see the team in nickel a lot more with Moreland on the field. I think his coverage skills are better than all three guys I just mentioned and I think he is a better tackler.

Questioning whether two former NFL LBers can coach angles made me laugh.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lot more with Moreland on the field. I think his coverage skills are better than all three guys I just mentioned and I think he is a better tackler.
What are ur thoughts on Moreau and trying him there?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are ur thoughts on Moreau and trying him there?
As mentioned I like Moreland. I think Fuller and Darby are playing pretty well. Corner has not been a problem this year. Down the middle of the defense as in every year has been bad.

The DLine runs itself out of plays too often. We can't cover TEs. We aren't a good zone team and never have been. It is hard to be a good zone team when your safeties and LBers struggle in coverage.

Moreau is the third outside CB. It isn't that he can't play but he was not good inside before and played best as true CB and not a slot guy.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how many years it is now but since the CBA cut back how often teams can work in pads and tackle, the league as a whole has not tackled as well. Some teams better than others though. The lack of OTAs and preseason games did not help.

Landon Collins just doesn't seem to be a good cover guy. Apke is struggling with coverage at times. I don't think Curl is a FS type ... yet anyhow. He looks more like a box safety to me. I'd like to see the team in nickel a lot more with Moreland on the field. I think his coverage skills are better than all three guys I just mentioned and I think he is a better tackler.

Questioning whether two former NFL LBers can coach angles made me laugh.
Maybe move Collins to a lbr role and curl to ss? Lbr play has been pretty bad lately

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreau is the third outside CB.
My thought process is more because he has done a decent job, flashing occasionally, when Kendall is out, so maybe develop him in another position too...since he’s getting 0 snaps currently

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought process is more because he has done a decent job, flashing occasionally, when Kendall is out, so maybe develop him in another position too...since he’s getting 0 snaps currently
I understand. I guess my thought is he plays best with the sideline as help and not so much in the middle of the field. I like what he did at the end last year. I just thing he is the odd man out.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! :think: could be...could be...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the rumor mill churn... :yes: :billb:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have legit thought about this more than once this year

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can buy this. But I’d also suggest RR starts handling his pressers like BB. Fans don’t need all this explanation for the most part and DC media definitely DOESN'T, they just run with the drama for clicks.