• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can anyone decipher what RR's plan is now?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. Are you saying Moreland, Collins, Fuller & Fabian are no good? Disapointed with JDR so far because of the talent he has.
I’m saying anyone outside Fuller is not playing to potential. Particularly Collins, who we are paying HUGE $$$ for rookie production. Fabian is not being used at all, presumably because he plays the same side as Kendall, who is better from what I understand. Hopefully he can grow and learn to play just as well elsewhere in the back field. Moreland flashes but has had issues and is not playing to his potential either...at least he’s cheap. As Dad mentioned LBs are shite right now too. That impacts how aggressive.y the front 4 can be apparently. Front 4 are just fine imo. That is what I was wondering and was answered by Dad.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't afford him with A Smith still on the roster.
Is this true? Thought with creative contract they could have made it happen -IF RR wanted to

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what RR's plan will be. Haskins shouldn't have played last year, he wasn't ready. Now he can no longer be blamed for the shit-show that is Washington football.

RR wanted Haskins to fail becasue he's not his guy. And while it was nice to see A. Smith back on the field after that terrible injury he's not saving them. Alotta problems right now that have nothing to do with DH.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what RR's plan will be. Haskins shouldn't have played last year, he wasn't ready. Now he can no longer be blamed for the shit-show that is Washington football.

RR wanted Haskins to fail becasue he's not his guy. And while it was nice to see A. Smith back on the field after that terrible injury he's not saving them. Alotta problems right now that have nothing to do with DH.
I’d suggest that DH played a large role in how early his benching was, IF the leaks about sloppy study and practice habits are true. I tend to believe they are, regardless of the unprofessional and smear campaign leaks that the Skins clown show of a FO are known for.

DH had to play last year. Colt and Keenum both got injured. Also, 2 coaching teams, Jay Gruden and RR BOTH thought DH wasn’t ready and was too immature.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d suggest that DH played a large role in how early his benching was, IF the leaks about sloppy study and practice habits are true. I tend to believe they are, regardless of the unprofessional and smear campaign leaks that the Skins clown show of a FO are known for.

DH had to play last year. Colt and Keenum both got injured. Also, 2 coaching teams, Jay Gruden and RR BOTH thought DH wasn’t ready and was too immature.

Didn't know about the Colt & Keenum injuries. That changes things. Thanks for that info.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s idiotic to think RR wanted Haskins to fail just because he didn’t draft him. The best thing that could have happened to RR was for Haskins to be a huge success. That would have made his life so much easier. Alas, Haskins just is no where close to being ready and may take years to develop, if he does develop. That puts a huge monkey wrench in RRs rebuild plan.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s idiotic to think RR wanted Haskins to fail just because he didn’t draft him. The best thing that could have happened to RR was for Haskins to be a huge success. That would have made his life so much easier. Alas, Haskins just is no where close to being ready and may take years to develop, if he does develop. That puts a huge monkey wrench in RRs rebuild plan.

So you saying coaches never make QB changes to their team if that coach didn't draft the QB? Pretty sure the Titans and Bears have done that. But I agree DH wasn't ready to be a starter.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you saying coaches never make QB changes to their team if that coach didn't draft the QB? Pretty sure the Titans and Bears have done that. But I agree DH wasn't ready to be a starter.
No, it happens all the time. But that doesn’t mean that they wanted it to happen. Think about it logically. Would it have been easier if RR had a stud QB in place here when he came, regardless of who drafted him?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For realz...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m saying anyone outside Fuller is not playing to potential. Particularly Collins, who we are paying HUGE $$$ for rookie production. Fabian is not being used at all, presumably because he plays the same side as Kendall, who is better from what I understand. Hopefully he can grow and learn to play just as well elsewhere in the back field. Moreland flashes but has had issues and is not playing to his potential either...at least he’s cheap. As Dad mentioned LBs are shite right now too. That impacts how aggressive.y the front 4 can be apparently. Front 4 are just fine imo. That is what I was wondering and was answered by Dad.
our front 4 is a good front 4 . it has good depth as well . the issue is we have guys on this board who dont know the role of the 4-3 tackle in the run game and blame them for poor LB play

of course they arent interested in learning the game or the defense , they are interested in being comedians or being negative no matter what

now they arent bad posters , just different

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our front 4 is a good front 4 . it has good depth as well . the issue is we have guys on this board who dont know the role of the 4-3 tackle in the run game and blame them for poor LB play

of course they arent interested in learning the game or the defense , they are interested in being comedians or being negative no matter what

now they arent bad posters , just different
It depends on the defense ... 1 gap or 2 gap. The role of the DT changes greatly depending on that. It isn't just about the DTs but instead about all of the players. It all works in concert. Occasionally someone will DL, LB or DB blows up a play mostly on their own but I don't think this DLine has lived up to their billing. I don't think they suck but they certainly have not played to the level that was suggested by the announcers in the last game. I also have given up on them, with more time in JDRs defense I hope they will get even better. Even Jon Allen has said they need to play a lot better.

Sknzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the NFL package since it’s inception. This year I dropped it because I didn’t want to support the kneeling and social justice warriors. I do admit to checking the stats and following the posts here to see how the skins are doing. Can anyone tell me how the first 5 weeks of this season differ from the shit show the last 20 years have been? I live in NC and thought RR was a good signing if for no more than he seemed like a man character. Not so sure now. A lot of flip flopping and changing the story.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. If his errors were mechanical or just learning then he should still be playing and getting coached. If the leaks are true then he is not mature enough yet to handle the duty. Remember last year when Keenum, McCoy were sitting next to the OC on the bench going over plays and Haskin's was sitting two or three away staring off into space? I said then that was not good body language. I was told when he ran over to take a selfie that I was being silly .... maybe not so much. He is a young kid with very little experience. Hopefully he can change that.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the NFL package since it’s inception. This year I dropped it because I didn’t want to support the kneeling and social justice warriors. I do admit to checking the stats and following the posts here to see how the skins are doing. Can anyone tell me how the first 5 weeks of this season differ from the shit show the last 20 years have been? I live in NC and thought RR was a good signing if for no more than he seemed like a man character. Not so sure now. A lot of flip flopping and changing the story.
It doesn’t. It’s the same shit show with Snyder leading the way.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read. Thanks Sportster!
I am not JDR but I prefer a one gap defense. It simplifies the game in my opinion. Manusky tried employing it and guys were not disciplined in maintaining their gap which caused a lot of problems. In a one gap you attack your assigned gap so you can play faster. As I remember it that was JDRs goal. To play faster and attack. I think we are still having issues with guys not playing the defense as designed. They should look better against the Giants this week. I sure hope so.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not JDR but I prefer a one gap defense. It simplifies the game in my opinion. Manusky tried employing it and guys were not disciplined in maintaining their gap which caused a lot of problems. In a one gap you attack your assigned gap so you can play faster. As I remember it that was JDRs goal. To play faster and attack. I think we are still having issues with guys not playing the defense as designed. They should look better against the Giants this week. I sure hope so.
What you are saying makes so much sense. I count on your explanations as I try and more fully understand gameplanning and schemes and what they hope to achieve. Tbh, I can’t see shit when the action is LIVE, it has to be broken down for me in slo-mo with a pointer...lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are saying makes so much sense. I count on your explanations as I try and more fully understand gameplanning and schemes and what they hope to achieve. Tbh, I can’t see shit when the action is LIVE, it has to be broken down for me in slo-mo with a pointer...lol
It is hard to see all that you need to see on TV. Not to mention we do not know the plays or what the players responsibility within the plays are. My pet peeve is people saying the play calling sucked. How do you know, what play was called, did they audible etc.

dad, my answer is the entire D needs to play better. Jon Allen has said that on more than one occasion. KPL has been the best of the LBers in my opinion. All three DEs have been caught on numerous occasions crashing down to hard only to have the play go outside them. That seems wrong to me but not sure how it is being coached. LC plays outside the scheme too often and Apke sometimes takes bad angles. The best tackler on the team IMO is Moreland and he is the smallest guy.