• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can anyone decipher what RR's plan is now?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m been thinking...Ruh roh on that lol...

I’m beginning to believe that Ron Reversal always planned to play all 3 QBs on our roster. 4 games each for assessment value. Sadly Turner is too new and uncreative as a OC to create adequate protections with limited talent, regardless of who the QB is.

I mean seriously, I’ve never seen such bad FB in my life from this team as witnessed in the second half of yesterday’s game. I mean, cmon man, poor Alex was used as a sacrificial lamb against the Rams D with no protection and this being after that same D knocked out Kyle Allen. Unbelievable. Actually irresponsible for mr Reversals ‘protect my players from injury’ guy. LMFAO

And same guy ruined ANY chance of being able to put DH back in when we’ve got a just a hair from full on concussion Tim and a gimpy, need to protect 2 yard Check down Charlie.

My only hope is that this coaching staff takes its collective heads outta their asses and have some pressers that say nothing over ridiculousness. (I didn’t put Kyle back in because I wanted to protect him even tho he was cleared to go back in. No, I’ll just put the most heroic return to the field guy, who hasn’t even got the rust knocked off cuz you’ve sabotaged the young healthy guy at QB3

I have been on here since the offseason saying the same thing:

1. We need a GM...not RR trying to be a psuedo-GM.
2. We needed a strong FA class to come build a core and nucleus along with high draft picks.
3. We needed to get Haskins protection up front and playmakers to succeed.
4. Scott Turner would not be a good fit for our situation. We needed a veteran OC to taylor an offense around Haskins.

I am 4 fof 4 so far and have ticked off various posters.

The idea of being "patient" is laughable at this point and doesn't work. This team might be equal to or just as bad as last years squad. This is probably a re-build year obviously and that is probably how RR sold himself to Danny on the job. He also more than likely demanded total control as well. The problem is that he did really nothing to improve the team in the offseaon. The draft is pretty straightforward but the decision to not bring in a starting TE, re-sign Scherff who is a walking IR machine, not addressing the playmaking positions and not addressing FS or the LB corp and not a way to start off a coaching tenure. The idea of having a 20 million back up QB is laughable as well.

For those who advocate building solely through the draft and keeping our own, what make you think McLaurin, Payne, Young or Sweat would want to stay in this dumpster fire? Do we throw cash at them and tell to be patient and get comfortable with losing every Sunday? Its amazing that some of you think some of these players will stick around here. Money talks but without growth and improvement, these players aren't sticking around here so you will have to draft replacement for them and that cycle will continue. Players believe it or not want to win for the most part. We needed to strike this offseason to build a core but RR brought in yes men and back ups. I believe this set us back a year or 2.

I can appreciate the moral victories we have had: Hiring Wright, firing the personnel guilty of harassment, changing the name of the team, etc. However, until we get wins, we are going to be stuck in the same rut. Being "patient" is NOT the answer and shows a lack of a high level view of the matter.

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. We needed a strong FA class to come build a core and nucleus along with high draft picks.
4. Scott Turner would not be a good fit for our situation. We needed a veteran OC to taylor an offense around Haskins.

The idea of being "patient" is laughable at this point and doesn't work. This team might be equal to or just as bad as last years squad. This is probably a re-build year obviously and that is probably how RR sold himself to Danny on the job. He also more than likely demanded total control as well. The problem is that he did really nothing to improve the team in the offseaon. The draft is pretty straightforward but the decision to not bring in a starting TE, re-sign Scherff who is a walking IR machine, not addressing the playmaking positions and not addressing FS or the LB corp and not a way to start off a coaching tenure. The idea of having a 20 million back up QB is laughable as well.

For those who advocate building solely through the draft and keeping our own, what make you think McLaurin, Payne, Young or Sweat would want to stay in this dumpster fire? Do we throw cash at them and tell to be patient and get comfortable with losing every Sunday? Its amazing that some of you think some of these players will stick around here. Money talks but without growth and improvement, these players are sticking around here so you will have to draft replacement for them and that cycle will continue. Players believe it or not want to win for the most part. We needed to strike this offseason to build a core but RR brought in yes men and back ups. I believe this set us back a year or 2.

I can appreciate the moral victories we have had: Hiring Wright, firing the personnel guilty of harassment, changing the name of the team, etc. However, until we get wins, we are going to be stuck in the same rut. Being "patient" is NOT the answer and shows a lack of a high level view of the matter.
I wasn’t around for the entirety of last year so I missed a lot of this. But given what I’ve seen. You were completely prescient in your warnings. I’m converted. I may have subtle differences in FA and draft choices but outside that, you were frigging a genius with your anger and prediction!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex did have the misfortune of getting into the game when the Rams were in full jailbreak mode. As well as what seemed to be an offensive game plan of how many hits can he take. I thought he might get injured again when Donald piggyback sacked him. Perhaps though the most whinci-est moment of the game was when they showed Alexs' family in the stands. And his wife did what looked like an involuntary reflex as both her arms went above her head like she was trying to stop her head from popping off.

On a side note in 4 of the games this year. It seems like at a certain point the play calling has switched more to give up, lets end this game soon as possible mode. As opposed to looking at other players or trying something different just to see what it would look like. That's been another puzzling aspect of the RR master plan thus far.
This.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t around for the entirety of last year so I missed a lot of this. But given what I’ve seen. You were completely prescient in your warnings. I’m converted. I may have subtle differences in FA and draft choices but outside that, you were frigging a genius with your anger and prediction!
LOL...don't tell Skinsdad, he thought I was Vinny Cerrato...LOL
Its sad though. If you and I took over an underachieving business, wouldn't we bring in talent to change the culture and drive profit?

River took the job and pretty much sat on his butt praying things would get better. The players he did bring in minus Fuller have done little to nothing nor will they do anything in the future. The Logan Thomas anad Sean Davis signings were idiotic. Even the fans saw this as laughable. Thomas is a career ST player and is awful. Davis was cut even after some posters here praised the signings.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...don't tell Skinsdad, he thought I was Vinny Cerrato...LOL
Its sad though. If you and I took over an underachieving business, wouldn't we bring in talent to change the culture and drive profit?

River took the job and pretty much sat on his butt praying things would get better. The players he did bring in minus Fuller have done little to nothing nor will they do anything in the future. The Logan Thomas anad Sean Davis signings were idiotic. Even the fans saw this as laughable. Thomas is a career ST player and is awful. Davis was cut even after some posters here praised the signings.
To be fair. Rivera has cancer. I don’t think he is thinking in a clearheaded manner likely. Gawd, I HOPE so, otherwise we are screwed.

Side note, Dad does change his mind. Just slower than some of the rest of us. Never known him to not fight to the death for his opinions. Which I always respect even if I don’t agree. I’ll always call that out cuz opinions vary and this is a message board not an echo chamber. He already stated that he’s lost quite a bit of respect for Mr Reversal.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do get to the playoffs that would mean Allen has achieved and DH would be the backup next year.

With 8 wins or less Dean ? Come on , stop putting lipstick on the pig .

We win 6 games out of 16 but we are a playoff team let’s cheat thump ! Wooooo, it’s fucking foolish

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 8 wins or less Dean ? Come on , stop putting lipstick on the pig .

We win 6 games out of 16 but we are a playoff team let’s cheat thump ! Wooooo, it’s fucking foolish

The fan base would be thrilled with a division championship and playoff appearance

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For those who advocate building solely through the draft and keeping our own, what make you think McLaurin, Payne, Young or Sweat would want to stay in this dumpster fire? Do we throw cash at them and tell to be patient and get comfortable with losing every Sunday? Its amazing that some of you think some of these players will stick around here. Money talks but without growth and improvement, these players aren't sticking around here so you will have to draft replacement for them and that cycle will continue. Players believe it or not want to win for the most part. We needed to strike this offseason to build a core but RR brought in yes men and back ups. I believe this set us back a year or 2.

Let’s not be patient and do what we have since 1992 . That’s worked out well

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 6 wins ? Come on

I think 8 wins would do it. With the Dak injury its wide open now. Hey, placed a $40 bet for Washington to win the division which pays $1000. Im excited for my bet and my fanhood. Im not doom and gloom today normally after a loss.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s not be patient and do what we have since 1992 . That’s worked out well
Its not working out well over the last few years and we have actually digressed as well. The teams during some of those eras were much better than the trash we have now. So yes, it was actually a better method.

I will give you 1994, 2002, 2006 and 2009 during the Cerrato years as being awful. We typically hoover around or right below .500 under Cerrato. That being said, Cerrato looks like Einstein compared to Rivera right now. At least Cerrato TRIED to bring in talent. Granted it was overpaid and over the hill talent but it showed effort. RR showed no creativity or effort and we have the worst offseason I can remember.

Cerrato's tenure we went 135-162 with 6 winning seasons, 3 seasons at .500 and 9 losing seasons. We basically went .500 for winning or .500 seasons. We also got our only playoff win in over two decades.

Stop claiming we were worst off with Cerrato than what we have done in the last few years and the dumpster fire RR is adding to. The facts do not back it up. I will even go on record for saying that I would rather have Cerrato back than give RR personnel control.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 8 wins would do it. With the Dak injury its wide open now. Hey, placed a $40 bet for Washington to win the division which pays $1000. Im excited for my bet and my fanhood. Im not doom and gloom today normally after a loss.
We will be lucky to beat the giants

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not working out well over the last few years and we have actually digressed as well. The teams during some of those eras were much better than the trash we have now. So yes, it was actually a better method.

I will give you 1994, 2002, 2006 and 2009 during the Cerrato years as being awful. We typically hoover around or right below .500 under Cerrato. That being said, Cerrato looks like Einstein compared to Rivera right now. At least Cerrato TRIED to bring in talent. Granted it was overpaid and over the hill talent but it showed effort. RR showed no creativity or effort and we have the worst offseason I can remember.
Good let’s give points for trying , it didn’t work period . And What coach comes here if he gets only 5 games ?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 6 wins ? Come on
Fans like Dean would be thrilled I’m sure.

To be fair, I would be thrilled but only because I appreciate opportunistic FB in a week to week league.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good let’s give points for trying , it didn’t work period . And What coach comes here if he gets only 5 games ?
My bad Skinsdad-

I miscounted for Cerrato:

He went 80-104 during his tenure.
3 winning seasons
3 .500 season
6 losing seasons

1 playoff win.

My problem is not really with Rivera the coach...its Rivera the GM running personnel. That is what will get him run out of here.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point dad. July’s points regarding what we can attract are sad realities too.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I win $1000 if we win the division. Who cares what record they have as long as they make it. The benefit is to play in January

Actually, there is no benefit for this team playing in January. If we miraculously pull out the division at five wins, we would pick 22nd? Can you imagine picking that late in the first with only five wins? That would be fucking disastrous.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, there is no benefit for this team playing in January. If we miraculously pull out the division at five wins, we would pick 22nd? Can you imagine picking that late in the first with only five wins? That would be fucking disastrous.
But but...Dean woulda won his $1000 bet so no biggie apparently :dhd: :think::laugh3: