• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwades plane just arrived in cle

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO Durant is not better than Barnes? :pound:

I don't think he is saying that at all. I think he is saying that the Warriors have had great depth for the last two years and the bench sometimes won them games, they were the best bench in the NBA. So you get Durant a top 3 player, which is going to help them a lot but then you lose basically your whole bench minus a couple guys. I think the system will stay the same and the Warriors are great a playing team ball but I think the team will play more like the Cavs. They will still play team ball but there will be isolation more bc that is KD's game. I think since the Warriors thrived on their deep bench it could be that the starters have to play more minutes, something some of these guys but not be used to the last two years. The starting 4 for GS is ridiculous though and they are easily the favorites.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya think Riley would sign and trade Wade to Gilbert? :noidea:

For whom?

I think he'd prefer to sign a couple players on a 1 year, then be flush for next summer.
The FA class is much deeper then this years.

If you ask me yes or no, do I want Wade right now, I say no.

It's a good time for both sides to divorce.

If it's more money/years, then for sure screw him.

If anyone remembers, last summer he wanted 3/45.

If he takes this offer he's gettin 3/60 at least.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the Bench talk. They will have no one on that bench now. In the Playoffs those 4 guys are going to have to play heavy mins.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the Bench talk. They will have no one on that bench now. In the Playoffs those 4 guys are going to have to play heavy mins.

Ummm.....

They have Iguodala and Livingston on the bench. Those two alone are easily better than anything Cleveland has to offer. Expect more quality pieces to be added over the next couple days too.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.....

They have Iguodala and Livingston on the bench. Those two alone are easily better than anything Cleveland has to offer. Expect more quality pieces to be added over the next couple days too.

I'm biased... but I'll take Shump, RJ, & Frye over Iggy and Livingston

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, assuming Wade ends up in Cleveland and rejoins LeBron....

basically third-wheeling Chris Bosh once again.

Damn.....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would they have to get rid of love or jr or shump?

Maybe there would be another way.
I was just going on the premise that James isn't taking less then a max , and they would need the +20M Wade wants.

My best guess is that Shump/JR add up to Wades 20+M.

If I'm the Cavs, I don't do it.

If there are creative ways where they don't lose any rotation players, the of course I would try to do it.

Do Cavs really want Wade guarding Klay or whomever though, at this point?

I doubt it..

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm biased... but I'll take Shump, RJ, & Frye over Iggy and Livingston

I respect your opinion,

But Iggy, Livingston + any rookie is greater than

Shumpert, RJ and Frye

The Warriors just need 1 more experienced big and Barbosa and they have everything they need. Anything more would be gravy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is funny. Let the Cavs sign Wade.

He is a great player, but look closer at LeBron and Wade's last year together. The Heat performed much better in those playoffs when Wade was on the bench. He can create shots and get to the rim, but he can't shoot from the perimeter. Cleveland needs shooting to space the floor around Irving and James, not another slasher who can't make 3s.

As much as I have dogged JR Smith in the past, he was every bit as important to Cleveland's title as Irving was. He made a few big shots, but more importantly played great defense on Klay, spaced the floor, and didn't make any boneheaded plays. Resigning Smith should be top priority for Cleveland right now. If Wade plays anything more than the Shumpert bench role, he is not a fit for what Cleveland needs. I am assuming that signing Wade means they are letting Smith walk and that Wade would not be a bench player.

I agree.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.....

I dont get how they are able to sign Livingston. Crazy. They are like 50-60 mill over the cap and they can still sign players.

They have no size up front. That is going to be their biggest issue.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion,

But Iggy, Livingston + any rookie is greater than

Shumpert, RJ and Frye

The Warriors just need 1 more experienced big and Barbosa and they have everything they need. Anything more would be gravy.
100% agree with this statement.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.....

They have no bigs and no rim protection. I just don't know how you can defend a team inside with Aldridge AND Pau, that will be interesting to see. Zaza will most likely start and most likely get Bogut minutes but he doesn't play half as good as defense as Bogut and we saw how important his defense was. They have Livingston and Iggy but that is literally it, then a bunch of bench warmers. I expect them to get a couple more decent guys but not much at all.

The Cavs have a couple guys on their bench that question marks--young---Felder and Mcrae. Both have great potential, but they actually have a full lineup on their bench that can play Williams/Felder, Shump, RJ, Frye and if they get West that is much better than what the Warriors offer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no bigs and no rim protection. I just don't know how you can defend a team inside with Aldridge AND Pau, that will be interesting to see. Zaza will most likely start and most likely get Bogut minutes but he doesn't play half as good as defense as Bogut and we saw how important his defense was. They have Livingston and Iggy but that is literally it, then a bunch of bench warmers. I expect them to get a couple more decent guys but not much at all.

The Cavs have a couple guys on their bench that question marks--young---Felder and Mcrae. Both have great potential, but they actually have a full lineup on their bench that can play Williams/Felder, Shump, RJ, Frye and if they get West that is much better than what the Warriors offer.

They can't effectively defend Aldridge and Gasol.

But, the main reason that post play is dying is because it is a lot easier to defend the post with a team effort than it is for guys like Gasol and Aldridge to chase smaller, more athletic perimeter players.

If you expect to beat the Warriors up with size on offense, expect to be skewered on the other end. The Thunder and Cavs were able to do it last year because they had rangy, athletic big men who could punish the Warriors for being small, but still defend the perimeter. The Grizzlies and Spurs don't have that. As tough as it is for GS to guard them, it is more difficult for them to guard GS.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get how they are able to sign Livingston. Crazy. They are like 50-60 mill over the cap and they can still sign players.

They have no size up front. That is going to be their biggest issue.

Livingston was under contract; it's just an option that needed to be picked up. As far as size up front, they have Zaza, the rookie Damian Jones, and last year's rookie Looney (PF). They'll add another league minimum big I would assume.

Besides, they are NOT over the cap.

Active
Durant: $26,540,10
Klay: $16,663,575
Green: $15,330,435
Curry: $12,112,359
Iggy: $11,131,368
Zaza: $2,898,000 (room exception)
Looney: $1,182,840
McCaw: $543,471

Dead Money
Jason Thompson: $945,126

Total salaries: $93,129,724
Remaining space: $1,013,276 (if all cap holds renounced, most of it likely to be used to sign rookie 1st rounder Damian Jones)

They also still have two trade exceptions that expire at the end of the month:

$5,387,825 (David Lee trade) expires 7/27/16
$3,197,170 (Gerald Wallace trade ) expires 7/31/16

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They arent getting him but serious question:

Can they use their $9.4 trade exception to sign a player bc if they can they could sign him but he would be getting a paycut of at least $10 mil.

I thought it was funny but no chance of happening lol

Actually, I've heard that Wade to CLE is a very real possibility.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jason Carr called LeBron to CLE and Klove to CLE as a done deal before anyone else.

He's known because he is Austin Carr's kid... but he says his source has nothing to do with his Dad.

Who knows. If he's right again... I just might start paying attention to what he has to say regarding Cavs moves.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Carr called LeBron to CLE and Klove to CLE as a done deal before anyone else.

He's known because he is Austin Carr's kid... but he says his source has nothing to do with his Dad.

Who knows. If he's right again... I just might start paying attention to what he has to say regarding Cavs moves.

For what $ though?

Is he signing for the min, or replacing JR?