• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwades plane just arrived in cle

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they signed a better player but they aren't a better team. :scratch:
Now you're getting it.

Improvement at the position isn't automaticly improvement for the team as a whole.

Minutes, shots, defense, it all alters that of others around him.

Had it been Westbrook who went to GS, Id say hand them the banner and save erybody a lot of time.

This is a thread on DWade and Stinktown though. I'll gladly talk KD on one of his threads, like I did earlier. But not here.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're getting it.

Improvement at the position isn't automaticly improvement for the team as a whole.

Had it been Westbrook who went to GS, Id say hand them the banner and save erybody a lot of time.

This is a thread on DWade and Stinktown though. I'll gladly talk KD on one of his threads, like I did earlier. But not here.
I see where your coming from but your right we will leave it for the KD page.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is funny. Let the Cavs sign Wade.

He is a great player, but look closer at LeBron and Wade's last year together. The Heat performed much better in those playoffs when Wade was on the bench. He can create shots and get to the rim, but he can't shoot from the perimeter. Cleveland needs shooting to space the floor around Irving and James, not another slasher who can't make 3s.

As much as I have dogged JR Smith in the past, he was every bit as important to Cleveland's title as Irving was. He made a few big shots, but more importantly played great defense on Klay, spaced the floor, and didn't make any boneheaded plays. Resigning Smith should be top priority for Cleveland right now. If Wade plays anything more than the Shumpert bench role, he is not a fit for what Cleveland needs. I am assuming that signing Wade means they are letting Smith walk and that Wade would not be a bench player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're getting it.

Smitty, this is nonsense. You honestly think Westbrook would fit GS better than KD? That is an indefensible position to take. KD brings length and even more floor spacing. He is the ideal piece to plug into that machine. Westbrook, as good as he is, is not easy to play with.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't care if Wade wants to leave for the Cavs or anywhere else.

Assuming Bosh is done, entering next summer with 2 high draft picks ( if we're lottery) and 55-60M in cap space would be A OK with me.

Cavs bench was pretty thin to start.
Already lost Moz and Delly.
Anyone really thinking that hypothetically losing JR and Shump to add Wade is a good thing?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They arent getting him but serious question:

Can they use their $9.4 trade exception to sign a player bc if they can they could sign him but he would be getting a paycut of at least $10 mil.

I thought it was funny but no chance of happening lol
ya think Riley would sign and trade Wade to Gilbert? :noidea:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is old as hell now but he plays as well with LeBron as anyone could ever dream.

And he brings physicality.
3rd or 4th option and the ability to keep him fresh instead of having to rely on him and play large minutes?

It would certainly help.....not realistic unless something unexpected happens.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is funny. Let the Cavs sign Wade.

He is a great player, but look closer at LeBron and Wade's last year together. The Heat performed much better in those playoffs when Wade was on the bench. He can create shots and get to the rim, but he can't shoot from the perimeter. Cleveland needs shooting to space the floor around Irving and James, not another slasher who can't make 3s.

As much as I have dogged JR Smith in the past, he was every bit as important to Cleveland's title as Irving was. He made a few big shots, but more importantly played great defense on Klay, spaced the floor, and didn't make any boneheaded plays. Resigning Smith should be top priority for Cleveland right now. If Wade plays anything more than the Shumpert bench role, he is not a fit for what Cleveland needs. I am assuming that signing Wade means they are letting Smith walk and that Wade would not be a bench player.

Agree.

I would LOVE to see Wade come to CLE.

But - and I can't believe I'm saying this - if it means we have to get rid of JR or Love.... I don't want him.

There's just not a lot of ways to make this happen unless Wade goes David West which I have a hard time imagining. Even if LeBron signs for the minimum they're barely under the cap.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I would LOVE to see Wade come to CLE.

But - and I can't believe I'm saying this - if it means we have to get rid of JR or Love.... I don't want him.

There's just not a lot of ways to make this happen unless Wade goes David West which I have a hard time imagining. Even if LeBron signs for the minimum they're barely under the cap.
why would they have to get rid of love or jr or shump?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would they have to get rid of love or jr or shump?

I'm no cap expert but from what I know.... options are...

1) renounce LeBron's rights... and split remaining $20 mill between LeBron and Wade

1a) renounce LeBron and JR's rights.... split reminaning $30 mill between LeBron Wade and JR

2) let JR go... renounce LeBron's rights... and split remaining $30 mill between LeBron and Wade

3) let JR go... give his $10 mill to Wade

4) Wade or LeBron sign for MLE

Does Lebron lose his bird rights if his they renounce his rights? Cause that would destroy LeBron's super contract coming next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no cap expert but from what I know.... options are...

1) renounce LeBron's rights... and split remaining $20 mill between LeBron and Wade

1a) renounce LeBron and JR's rights.... split reminaning $30 mill between LeBron Wade and JR

2) let JR go... renounce LeBron's rights... and split remaining $30 mill between LeBron and Wade

3) let JR go... give his $10 mill to Wade

4) Wade or LeBron sign for MLE

Does Lebron lose his bird rights if his they renounce his rights? Cause that would destroy LeBron's super contract coming next year.
no..they odnt even have his full bird rights yet- its why he can only get 27 from the cavs and 30 from someone else--- but if he plays here 3 years in a row regardless we get his bird rights....

i just figured if it would happen at all it would be wade signing the MLE- which makes it very unlikely.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no..they odnt even have his full bird rights yet- its why he can only get 27 from the cavs and 30 from someone else--- but if he plays here 3 years in a row regardless we get his bird rights....

i just figured if it would happen at all it would be wade signing the MLE- which makes it very unlikely.

If Wade signed at the MLE and accepted a bench role, then sure it would help. Otherwise, it causes too many problems.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I know they are one more year from getting his bird rights.

What I was wondering is if they renounce his rights.... do those 3 years start over?? I honestly have no idea.

Another crazy option that I'm not sure is legal....

Some team signs Wade for $10 mil. Then the Cavs use their trade exception to trade for him for a 2nd round pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know they are one more year from getting his bird rights.

What I was wondering is if they renounce his rights.... do those 3 years start over?? I honestly have no idea.

Another crazy option that I'm not sure is legal....

Some team signs Wade for $10 mil. Then the Cavs use their trade exception to trade for him for a 2nd round pick.
youd have to wait till some deadline i think december to trade players that just signed contracts i believe....unless its a sign and trade which im not sure the cavs could do and we know riley would choke before he signed and traded wadet ocleveland.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youd have to wait till some deadline i think december to trade players that just signed contracts i believe....unless its a sign and trade which im not sure the cavs could do and we know riley would choke before he signed and traded wadet ocleveland.

Good point