• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant injury causing “confusion and angst” amongst teammates

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there you have it! The Knick curse! Mention you may play for this disgraceful organization and there goes your career, one way or another...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i was Klay or Iggy or whoever the guys that were wondering and getting irritated that he was not playing id be feeling like MAJOR shit right now.

There is no substance to any of those rumors so please stop pretending that you know the thoughts of the other Warrior players. Those guys seem like a close group & you see the emotions after KD was hurt again. Until proven differently you just have to assume that the other players truly care about Durant & were not trying to pressure him to return prematurely or getting upset with him for not playing with a legit injury. I am sure that all of those players get along well & at this time only wish Durant the best.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@KD and anyone who feels sorry for him

He let the Warriors bully him into playing when everyone knew he wasn't ready. Dummy.

I don't think him playing was correct and such was my feeling going in; fact of the matter his team did well with him on the court (+6), so he probably saved them from elimination. You're acting like it was all for naught. His reputation is salvaged some with a great number of people than the number who see it like you do; I don't think it should matter much either way as far as his legacy goes.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all that smart. Competitor. Warrior. Laying it out for the franchise. Literally Willis Reed but with bigger balls.

I actually feel sorry for you and how your kind of fandom doesn't have this in it. Free country and all, you can be any kind of fan you want, for any reason...but the kind you are is missing out on some cool shit

trying to explain this concept to WiggityWack...?

lol don't waste your time...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as I feel to see any player hurt, I'm still not sure if last night's injury had anything to do with his reported calf strain, or if calf strain was just bullshit.

I am no doctor, but when I kept hearing "MILD calf strain," to my non-doctor ears that doesn't sound like such a bad thing. As mentioned, lots of guys are playing with nagging injuries at this point. Now, if last night's injury was un-related to the calf, then it's just shitty luck for KD, and props to him for going out there. But if they ARE related, then I have to call bullshit on the Warriors medical staff for going "mild calf strain" for a solid month when it was really career-threatening.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can afford to max both. They have wanted to be able to do so, for KD to say I want to stay and for Klay to say the same. This was always the plan, and before the playoffs I thought KD is 80% gone. This series and what he showed, and what it meant to the Ws, they will double down on him and pay every cent of luxury tax needed to keep them both.

I hope KD takes the deal.

If they keep both, they will be at the luxury tax threshold. Planning to do so for the next 4 years is highly unlikely, as the repeater penalties as they age will be prohibitive. Do you really think this team will sign up to be hamstrung by KD making $40M+ per year into his mid-late 30s coming off an achilles tear?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-guy has calf injury

-guy is not ruled out for all of the semi-finals where Kerr gives updates on a game-to-game basis

-guy is said to have practiced and is coming back

-guy tears his achilees

what part of this exactly makes him a bad ass? I would argue more of a dumb ass if he tried to come back from an injury too early

a calf injury that was described as minor at the time is a LOOOOOOONG way from an Achilles tear.

Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant has been diagnosed with a mild calf strain. Durantwill be re-evaluated next week, meaning he is surely out for the Warriors Game 6 against the Houston Rockets, as well as a potential Game 7.

this was from MAY 8th

A calf tear is often the precursor to an achilles tear. This was a bad gamble by Durant, especially if he really was out the door in 3 weeks.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all on the Warriors.

They rushed him back.

And while the injury is unrelated, it certainly played part in it.

There is no such thing as "rushed him back" in the finals down 3-1.
The known universe understood the motivation behind the risk they took.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a doctor that cleared him- right or wrong- i would be polishing my resume right about now. Whoever the Golden State doctors are will probably all be on the breadlines tomorrow morning.

I question the team doctor that cleared him too. He had to know this risk, and if that was passed along to Durant and he still signed off on it, they're both stupid. Taking that kind of risk is something you do to get your FIRST title, or near the end of your career, not your 3rd in a row on the eve of free agency.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus could that dude be any more effeminate? It’s an injury not a fucking death sentence. I mean yes it sucks but goddamn....

So much soy consumption.

Well, 21st century masculinity in San Francisco LOL

But remember the end of 'Jerry McGuire' when Jerry and Rod Tidwell are bro hugging and bro crying and Bob Sugar's player asks 'why don't we have a relationship like that?' and Bob awkwardly tries to hug him and gets shoved back? Jerry is the Warriors, Rod is KD, and Bob Sugar is the Knicks. #lightyearsahead

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as I feel to see any player hurt, I'm still not sure if last night's injury had anything to do with his reported calf strain, or if calf strain was just bullshit.

This.

KD's a brittle bitch. Physically and emotionally.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus could that dude be any more effeminate? It’s an injury not a fucking death sentence. I mean yes it sucks but goddamn....
I saw that clip this morning. I wonder if when he wakes up and sees it, will he be embarrassed? He should be. Fuckin' poof.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no such thing as "rushed him back" in the finals down 3-1.
The known universe understood the motivation behind the risk they took.

Well that’s clearly bullshit. And last night proved that.

Now the Warriors lost one of the best players in the league for almost a year. Was it worth it?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that’s clearly bullshit. And last night proved that.

Now the Warriors lost one of the best players in the league for almost a year. Was it worth it?

If they lose that game, the lose the championship.

The justification for the move was as clear as day except for those who are so pissed the Warriors won last night.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trying to explain this concept to WiggityWack...?

lol don't waste your time...

To be fair, while a tad indelicate, Wiggy is right, imo. The Achilles was bad luck and not related to the calf injury. There were reports that his teammates were beginning to wonder.

Kudos to KD for getting out there and playing, but unless we hear that the original injury was to his Achilles rather than the calf as was originally reported, he basically did his job by coming back.

And :finger:for making me agree with Wiggy. lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they keep both, they will be at the luxury tax threshold. Planning to do so for the next 4 years is highly unlikely, as the repeater penalties as they age will be prohibitive. Do you really think this team will sign up to be hamstrung by KD making $40M+ per year into his mid-late 30s coming off an achilles tear?
Yep 100% I do. Even if just out of guilt and to show the league they will do the right thing. That matters with players, and they were happy to pay the massive tax even before the injury. They are making bank in the new arena, the franchise is worth 3.5B and rising. They will happily pay every penny if he let's them

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you're trying to say, but that was worded a bit funny, lol.

What a shite time for a serious injury. He does have his player option with the Warriors if nobody wants to risk a max contract on him. At this point, I think the Knicks have to offer it regardless.

This injury and the fact they were down 3-1 w/o KD I think lends some hope that he returns on the option.

As desperate as the Knicks are, I do think they will still try to make a splash somehow, but I don't know if they come after KD now.