• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant injury causing “confusion and angst” amongst teammates

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that’s clearly bullshit. And last night proved that.

Now the Warriors lost one of the best players in the league for almost a year. Was it worth it?
I disagree. He was cleared by the doctors even before this game. They were down 1-3. I give Durant credit for coming back to try to help. This may or may not have been related.

They may only lose him for 1 game. He's a free agent and most likely wasn't going to be back. If anything, the Warriors got a needed win out of him and fucked the team that does sign him. Durant will still make big money and coming back to play in last nights game gives him some cred.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He was cleared by the doctors even before this game. They were down 1-3. I give Durant credit for coming back to try to help. This may or may not have been related.

They may only lose him for 1 game. He's a free agent and most likely wasn't going to be back. If anything, the Warriors got a needed win out of him and fucked the team that does sign him. Durant will still make big money and coming back to play in last nights game gives him some cred.

Teams down 3-1 are 1-33 in winning the series (Cavs over Warriors). I think they made a horrible mistake against terrible odds.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams down 3-1 are 1-33 in winning the series (Cavs over Warriors). I think they made a horrible mistake against terrible odds.

Here's the thing with that...considering how well he was playing, if he doesn't suffer that injury, everyone is talking about how great it was.

He had a calf injury and then suffered an unrelated injury. Bad luck, not a horrible mistake, imo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing with that...considering how well he was playing, if he doesn't suffer that injury, everyone is talking about how great it was.

He had a calf injury and then suffered an unrelated injury. Bad luck, not a horrible mistake, imo.

Not unrelated at all. A weakened calf definitely puts more strain on the Achilles.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unrelated at all. A weakened calf definitely puts more strain on the Achilles.

We beat this topic to death when Kobe had his. It's unrelated. You can literally tear an Achilles stepping off a curb.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say unrelated though ,come on

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat this topic to death when Kobe had his. It's unrelated. You can literally tear an Achilles stepping off a curb.

Sure. But you can tear it easier if your calf is already injured.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say unrelated though ,come on

Everything I've read by doctors says unrelated. Same thing was said with Kobe when his Achilles ruptured and people tried to say his Achilles was "fatigued" from dragging the Lakers to the playoffs.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've read by doctors says unrelated. Same thing was said with Kobe when his Achilles ruptured and people tried to say his Achilles was "fatigued" from dragging the Lakers to the finals.
Its really hard to say.

I do think, that regardless of the calf injury, anyone taking a month off from physical activity that has one half-assed practice and then tries to compete in the NBA, let alone the NBA Finals is going to have some major injury risk.

Its like a car trying to go from 0 to 150 with no oil in the engine.

Going from sitting around to competing at the highest level in the world in the most intense games in the Finals, with the level of intensity these games are played at, is just a ridiculous step up.

Its hard to say whether what was characterized as a minor calf injury 33 days ago was the major cause, a contributing cause, or no cause at all---- but, personally, i think going from 0 to 150 was the biggest cause

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really hard to say.

I do think, that regardless of the calf injury, anyone taking a month off from physical activity that has one half-assed practice and then tries to compete in the NBA, let alone the NBA Finals is going to have some major injury risk.

Its like a car trying to go from 0 to 150 with no oil in the engine.

Going from sitting around to competing at the highest level in the world in the most intense games in the Finals, with the level of intensity these games are played at, is just a ridiculous step up.

Its hard to say whether what was characterized as a minor calf injury 33 days ago was the major cause, a contributing cause, or no cause at all---- but, personally, i think going from 0 to 150 was the biggest cause

Yep, less to do with the calf injury leading to the achilles and more to him just not being on the court, working out, practicing in the last month. It takes time. If this was the regular season he would have probably missed 2 months or so just so they know he was fully healed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, less to do with the calf injury leading to the achilles and more to him just not being on the court, working out, practicing in the last month. It takes time. If this was the regular season he would have probably missed 2 months or so just so they know he was fully healed.
that, and, i dont think kerr did him any favors

when he got hurt he had played 12 of a possible 14 minutes. Kerr was not bringing him along slowly and limiting his minutes- he was revving the engine. I would have limited him to 20-25 minutes. that would have been the responsible thing

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when he got hurt he had played 12 of a possible 14 minutes. Kerr was not bringing him along slowly and limiting his minutes- he was revving the engine. I would have limited him to 20-25 minutes. that would have been the responsible thing

Yeah that was a head scratcher. I mean look how they slowly brought Cousins back and you do the total opposite with KD? Steph and Klay were on fire, start him for 5-7 mins then let him rest.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very misleading stat. Most of the teams down 1-3 were not as good as the Warriors (maybe none of them). So the odds really were not as bad as you think. Just my own opinion, I was still giving the Warriors a 35% or so of winning the series. Durant would have increased that a bit. Durant wanted to play. Good for him. Respect for that. The Warriors have paid him many millions of dollars, so they had no reason to not play him. He was a big reason they won.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was a head scratcher. I mean look how they slowly brought Cousins back and you do the total opposite with KD? Steph and Klay were on fire, start him for 5-7 mins then let him rest.
Now that IS a valid point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very misleading stat. Most of the teams down 1-3 were not as good as the Warriors (maybe none of them). So the odds really were not as bad as you think. Just my own opinion, I was still giving the Warriors a 35% or so of winning the series. Durant would have increased that a bit. Durant wanted to play. Good for him. Respect for that. The Warriors have paid him many millions of dollars, so they had no reason to not play him. He was a big reason they won.

It's not misleading at all. It's exactly what it is. Teams down 3-1 in a best of 7 have only won once, and that was Lebron's Cavs beating these same Warriors after a 73 win season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What difference does the amount of minutes make? Whenever he tried the move that caused the injury, it would've happened, regardless of how many more minutes he may have rested before it. He only played 12 minutes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What difference does the amount of minutes make? Whenever he tried the move that caused the injury, it would've happened, regardless of how many more minutes he may have rested before it.
i mean....i tend to think the less minutes you play with more rest in between those minutes the less likely you are to injure yourself. I mean, am i missing something? Study after study after study shows that injuries are far more likely to occur when fatigue sets in and after not playing for a month playing 12 out of 14 minutes probably put him in some severe fatigue.

I would have played him for 6-7 minute time periods each quarter for a total of about 25 minutes whihc would have given him time to rest. He was on pace to play almost 36 minutes which is insane.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not misleading at all. It's exactly what it is. Teams down 3-1 in a best of 7 have only won once, and that was Lebron's Cavs beating these same Warriors after a 73 win season.
So it is also a valid stat that it is done in 33% of the past 3 championship series. So recent history shows it is pretty good odds.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What difference does the amount of minutes make? Whenever he tried the move that caused the injury, it would've happened, regardless of how many more minutes he may have rested before it. He only played 12 minutes.

So a calf injury can cause an achilles injury, but playing high and continuous minutes without rest when you have only practiced once in a month couldn't be a cause of an injury. I think it is just the opposite.