• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant injury causing “confusion and angst” amongst teammates

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant's extended absence from the 2019 NBA Finals is having a negative impact on the Golden State Warriors, apparently both on and off the court.
According to a report from Sam Amick of The Athletic, Durant's calf injury is causing some angst within the Warriors organization, as the team is not sure when -- or if -- Durant will be able to return to in-game action during the Finals.

From The Athletic:
At the very least, Durant's absence that began back on May 8 is causing a mixture of confusion and angst among several of his teammates that simply can't be helpful to their overall cause. Sources say there was a very real hope that Durant would be able to play in Game 4, to push through in much the same way that Thompson, Cousins, Iguodala and Looney have done of late. When that didn't happen, and when they saw their season compromised more than ever without him after they'd grown hopeful of his return after seeing him on the court, the irritation grew in large part because they simply didn't understand why he wasn't there.
Warriors officials aren't running from the reality that there's frustration among some players, but they're also quick to point out that trainer Rick Celebrini – not Durant – is making this call. And until Celebrini gives Durant the go-ahead, his long and painful stretch of absences will extend into this pivotal Warriors summer where his free agency future remains unclear. What's more, two sources insist that the Warriors have believed for quite some time that Game 5 was the earliest time in which he would likely return.

Whether or not Durant returns for Game 5 of the Finals on Monday night in Toronto remains to be seen, but based on recent reports, it doesn't look good. Following the Warriors' Game 4 loss, ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported that Durant struggled during practice, and just doesn't appear ready to play.

Even if Durant is ultimately cleared to play in Game 5, one would have to wonder about the level of rust that he would be dealing with after being sidelined for over a month. But, Durant at even 60 or 70 percent would provide a big boost to the Warriors, who have looked lost without him at times against the Raptors.

Since signing with the Warriors in 2016, many have referred to Durant as a "luxury" for a team that had already won a title without him. While his return remains a major question mark, one thing has become clear during Durant's absence: He's much closer to a necessity than a luxury for the Warriors.

iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Myers in tears at the presser. Looks like an Achilles out 9 months.

Don't you ever.call him a cupcake again. Dude is a badass

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Myers in tears at the presser. Looks like an Achilles out 9 months.

Don't you ever.call him a cupcake again. Dude is a badass

My thought was achilles as well. The way he reached into the heel of his shoe reminded me of Kobe.

I don't know about badass. I think the previous injury truly was a calf injury, but that weakness led to this injury. I don't think he was playing with an injured achilles. As an upcoming free agent, that would be career suicide. Still, great to see him out there as long as he did play; he didn't seem hampered much until he popped it.

To me, badass is Kevon Looney. That guy is out there playing through a lot of pain, and you can clearly see it on his face. The Raptors are making sure he feels it too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all on the Warriors.

They rushed him back.

And while the injury is unrelated, it certainly played part in it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what you're trying to say, but that was worded a bit funny, lol.

What a shite time for a serious injury. He does have his player option with the Warriors if nobody wants to risk a max contract on him. At this point, I think the Knicks have to offer it regardless.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all on the Warriors.

They rushed him back.

Based on what? If KD didnt want to be out there, he wouldnt be out there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a shite time for a serious injury. He does have his player option with the Warriors if nobody wants to risk a max contract on him. At this point, I think the Knicks have to offer it regardless.

I just came off a 12 hour shift at work. You know what I mean, lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors will offer him the supermax

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Does that mean Klay hits the market instead? (Lakers get their travel plans ready)
They can afford to max both. They have wanted to be able to do so, for KD to say I want to stay and for Klay to say the same. This was always the plan, and before the playoffs I thought KD is 80% gone. This series and what he showed, and what it meant to the Ws, they will double down on him and pay every cent of luxury tax needed to keep them both.

I hope KD takes the deal.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can afford to max both. They have wanted to be able to do so, for KD to say I want to stay and for Klay to say the same. This was always the plan, and before the playoffs I thought KD is 80% gone. This series and what he showed, and what it meant to the Ws, they will double down on him and pay every cent of luxury tax needed to keep them both.

I hope KD takes the deal.

They'd be forced to give up on Green a year later, and they are already suffering for the lack of consistent bench help. Both Iguodala and Livingston are on their last legs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd be forced to give up on Green a year later, and they are already suffering for the lack of consistent bench help. Both Iguodala and Livingston are on their last legs.

OK you're right. KD can leave so we can get a couple bench guys. You're a genius.