• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant ijury, the cosequences for the entire league's future..

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know why but honestly it’s ridiculoys that it’s even being discussed, he gets a max contract multiple places and golden state can and will do the super max if that is what it takes.
Well... I don't know any of the top athlets that evet got a super max contract after having suffered an achilles injury, so if it happens, it will be the first time ever...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I don't know any of the top athlets that evet got a super max contract after having suffered an achilles injury, so if it happens, it will be the first time ever...

The super max hasnt been around long either. There is one Kevin Durant, that’s it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant will sit next year, rehab and come back just as great... Even if it’s with another team because the NBA Is playing around what he can do best...

The offense is going to be there but he might be a complete liability on defense.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The super max hasnt been around long either. There is one Kevin Durant, that’s it.
It means getting payed better than before the injury... in all cases there was a vast reduction in salary after the previous contract expired.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Durant wants to rehab properly and win another championship, he needs to go to Dallas.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means getting payed better than before the injury... in all cases there was a vast reduction in salary after the previous contract expired.

Durant's going to get a max contract. Willing to bet money on it.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost no one comes back 100% but some have come back pretty close. Dominique Wilkins was actually more productive after his and he was 32 years old.
Dominique's case, I happen to know well, his achilles was partially torn (not completely) and then on an unusal way... It was more vertically sliced and up until the muscle than a horizontal cut towards the culf which is the usual case...

The man was super athletic and had tremendous muscles in his legs along with ultra thick tendons... On top he has unusual legs shape with curved bones (cow-boy style) which reduces the forces applied on his joints.

He would never have suffered an achilles injury if he wasn't overpracticing his jump so much... After the injury (only a week before his 32nd birthday) he stopped being so much of an "athletic showman" and started workin on his effectiveness on shooting and passing.

Had two more seasons in the NBA with reduced minutes and salary after his injury and then came in Athens where he won the European championship with Panathinaikos. Had another (not successful at all) season in Italy before he returned to the NBA to close his career.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominique's case, I happen to know well, his achilles was partially torn (not completely) and then on an unusal way... It was more vertically sliced and up until the muscle than a horizontal cut towards the culf which is the usual case...

The man was super athletic and had tremendous muscles in his legs along with ultra thick tendons... On top he has unusual legs shape with curved bones (cow-boy style) which reduces the forces applied on his joints.

He would never have suffered an achilles injury if he wasn't overpracticing his jump so much... After the injury (only a week before his 32nd birthday) he stopped being so much of an "athletic showman" and started workin on his effectiveness on shooting and passing.

Had two more seasons in the NBA with reduced minutes and salary after his injury and then came in Athens where he won the European championship with Panathinaikos. Had another (not successful at all) season in Italy before he returned to the NBA to close his career.

See, this is a very good post. Do more of this.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. He may take the Warriors 5 year supermax but with the intention (and their blessing) of being traded somewhere. That way he locks in his money even while rehabing, and he allows the Ws to get back assets instead of just losing him. This seems like the smartest play for him, maxes his money but still allows him to leave if he wants to.

Actually, this may happen, but I don't believe it will be on max or supermax contract. A deal that has constant or decending salary around 30M per season may be tempting for the Bulls to trade Otto Porter for him next February or by the next off season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, this may happen, but I don't believe it will be on max or supermax contract. A deal that has constant or decending salary around 30M per season may be tempting for the Bulls to trade Otto Porter for him next February or by the next off season.

See,

Other teams desperate for a superstar caliber player will offer the 4 year max. Bank on that.

Also, Bob Myers and the Warrior crew will feel obligated to offer KD the full amount just as they would have before the injury. Then, if KD comes back greatly diminished and the Warriors are stuck paying exorbitant luxury tax and are no longer the best team in the NBA, then well....

That is the cost of having a generational dynasty. Lacob will be okay with that.

If Durant wants a trade after next season or if he decides staying in Oakland is his best move, Lacob and Myers will be okay with that too.

Because of KD's unique combination of skill set and length, I am betting on him being a really good player by the 2021 allstar break. Not best in the league, but really good and worthy of a max contract.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant's injury goes far more than first sight to affect the league's future...

In this order of importance:

1. One of the league's top~5 and most exiting to watch players, faces a career ending threat coming with his injury, while he still has many years left in his career..

2. Injury comes at the title finals, which coud affect the outcome and collapse the team's up to now domination.

3.KD ewas assumed to hit free agency this season and join another team with hopes to contend because of his integration to the roster.

4.The financial consequences for GSW could be huge since KD is now expected to accept his player option for next season, but not play and still hit free agency after.

5. The teams that have put all their future hopes and policies on signing KD, are now "without a future"...

Anything else you may think and add that could be helpful is welcomed... please keep trolls out of this...

6. The Durant injury has put all nations on high alert. Our national defense readiness has been lowered to Def Con 2

7. Images from the Hubble telescope have confirmed that all of the planets have aligned since the Durant injury. Attempts are being made to find John Cusack to see if he knows where those Chinese ships are.

13. Since the Durant injury, people can no longer count.

18. Global temperatures have been falling since the Durant injury. The entire Warriors organisation has been moved to a secure location after multiple assassination attempts by enraged liberal climatologists

F. After decades of nothing but silence, SETI (search for extraterrestrial intelligence) is reporting that they have received a message back from space, right after the Durant injury. After an exhausting effort involving dozens of scientists ..they have decoded these 5 words.

"Was it the same foot?"

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. The Durant injury has put all nations on high alert. Our national defense readiness has been lowered to Def Con 2

7. Images from the Hubble telescope have confirmed that all of the planets have aligned since the Durant injury. Attempts are being made to find John Cusack to see if he knows where those Chinese ships are.

18. Global temperatures have been falling since the Durant injury. The entire Warriors organisation has been moved to a secure location after multiple assassination attempts by enraged liberal climatologists

F. After decades of nothing but silence, SETI (search for extraterrestrial intelligence) is reporting that they have received a message back from space, right after the Durant injury. After an exhausting effort involving dozens of scientists ..they have decoded these 5 words.

"Was it the same foot?"

Good post,
It clearly explains what the purpose of M.Jordan's movie playing basketball against the aliens was....

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I would think that GS would be as patient as possible with Durant if he stays there (to even include sitting out the season or only returning just before the playoffs). Others teams? Um - not so sure. No doubt if he signed elsewhere the team & fans would initially be thrilled & say that they will wait as long as possible. However over time they will become impatient & bitch about paying tons of $$ with no immediate return.

All of this is premature until we find out the complete extent of the injury. However I am on the fence about whether all of these teams would jump at signing KD to a max deal when there are other options out there. It is a risk to say the least.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Was it the same foot?"

Thread winner. Shut it down

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I would think that GS would be as patient as possible with Durant if he stays there (to even include sitting out the season or only returning just before the playoffs). Others teams? Um - not so sure. No doubt if he signed elsewhere the team & fans would initially be thrilled & say that they will wait as long as possible. However over time they will become impatient & bitch about paying tons of $$ with no immediate return.

All of this is premature until we find out the complete extent of the injury. However I am on the fence about whether all of these teams would jump at signing KD to a max deal when there are other options out there. It is a risk to say the least.
Correct, but I'm pretty sure that the injury is bad...

I mean, he gets injured and grabs his achilles against the Rockets... Shaq comments live on TV and says "no... that's not culf... it looks like achilles to me."

Then he stays out for longer than he should for a culf injury, which GSW insisted on the injury to be... and then comes back on the game that GSW plays with its back on the edge and... "bang" after only ten mins on the floor...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waht you think Durant is going to pick up his option? or resign there?

What's the long term luxury bill looking like if they kept Durant and Thompson

Seems we would be headed for new territory

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that.

And I think taking a full max deal somewhere is what he should do.

But, the injury brings the player option back into play if he decides he would rather be a free agent next summer.

Why?

If a max deal is still on the table for him I would think the option would be mute at this point.

I can see a max deal elsewhere or a long term deal with GS being the his best two options...taking the 1 yr option would be extremely risky....no guarantee he's going to be the old KD post surgery or injury.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the long term luxury bill looking like if they kept Durant and Thompson

Seems we would be headed for new territory
It's "salary over" + "lux tax" + "tax penalty" (for being more than four seasons above the lux tax) ...pretty bad... I estimate some 130M +

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's "salary over" + "lux tax" + "tax penalty" (for being more than four seasons above the lux tax) ...pretty bad... I estimate some 130M +

https://www.google.com/amp/s/warrio...rriors-salary-klay-thompson-kevin-durant/amp/

I found a decent mock

It's 350 million total next year for Durant to sit

The year after projects them well over without signing anyone else.

I just don't see it as sustainable nor wise. I guess if I'm the owner I can stay competitive with keeping either Curry, Durant and Dray or the original big three and going from there.

The injury could force them to max KD anyway with the market competition

He'd be insane to turn down a Max deal

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/warrio...rriors-salary-klay-thompson-kevin-durant/amp/

I found a decent mock

It's 350 million total next year for Durant to sit

The year after projects them well over without signing anyone else.

I just don't see it as sustainable nor wise. I guess if I'm the owner I can stay competitive with keeping either Curry, Durant and Dray or the original big three and going from there.

The injury could force them to max KD anyway with the market competition

He'd be insane to turn down a Max deal

Pheeeew.... 350M...More than a 10th of what the team worths... I was estimating 260+ (without a calculator) which is already extremely bad (the worst ever) ...but I see so many that know the CBA agreement better than me (LOL) suggesting a... supermax!!!!!!!

Surely they are people to trust their opinion on matters!