• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant ijury, the cosequences for the entire league's future..

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will have no less than 4 teams willing to give it to him, at a minimum.
easily....Bulls, Nets, Knicks, Clippers, Lakers, Warriors, Mavs would fall all offer him a max--- as would other teams if they thought they had a prayer of him accepting.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy came back to quick and looks like it caused further damage to him. He has a few titles, should have rested further to avoid future damage.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea.

All depends on how he feels about how this whole thing went down and whether he blames GS or not.

Before the injury I think KD was almost Defintely gone.

Now?

The odds of him picking up the player option went from 0 to some number higher than 0.

A long term deal with GS might be more likely too, because Myers has said in the past he would pay KD whatever he could to keep him in town. Can't see him going back on that now.
typical sackless Tlance....from zero to somewhere higher than zero. always afraid to make an ACTUAL prediction- always hedging and obfuscating and saying something that actually means nothing.

care to speculate?

I say it was 0.00 before he got injured that he would pick up that option and its 00.5% that he picks up that option now. 1/200 odds.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see.

But I would bet GSW, NYK and others will be willing to offer a 4 year max to get KD for 3 years.

Because GS owes him and Bob Myers is a stand up guy.

And KD is that good.
We shall see.

But I would bet GSW, NYK and others will be willing to offer a 4 year max to get KD for 3 years.

Because GS owes him and Bob Myers is a stand up guy.

And KD is that good.

I guess GSW has no choice but to risk and offer him a contract extension now, since they are the ones they pay next season's bill...
But I doubt it will be for a supermax...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
typical sackless Tlance....from zero to somewhere higher than zero. always afraid to make an ACTUAL prediction- always hedging and obfuscating and saying something that actually means nothing.

care to speculate?

I say it was 0.00 before he got injured that he would pick up that option and its 00.5% that he picks up that option now. 1/200 odds.

Typical asshole Wiggy.

Interesting that your buddy @dtgold88 calls me "extreme guy" because I state my opinions too strongly, and you say I have no balls.

Maybe you two should coordinate a little better.

There is no prediction to be made here on odds. Whatever odds you want to set you can't be proven wrong unless you pick 100% or 0%.

I don't think KD should take the player option. But I do think it is a possibilty he will consider.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy came back to quick and looks like it caused further damage to him. He has a few titles, should have rested further to avoid future damage.

I believe it was achilles (partially) in the first place... It doesn't heal without a surgery.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think KD should take the player option. But I do think it is a possibilty he will consider.

What's the third option? :lol::agree::lol:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was in a tough spot. It sounds like the Warriors were working with his doctors as well. Who knows. Maybe he sits the series, has an off-season of treatment and rehab, and the same thing happens in the preseason when he's back on the floor. I have a hard time believing a 100% healthy achilles tendon just tears because of a calf strain. It's a strong tendon.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this injury he’s a more athletic Dirk Nowitzki... Still worth a max. Almost 7 ft with a crazy wingspan.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant will sit next year, rehab and come back just as great... Even if it’s with another team because the NBA Is playing around what he can do best...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK here's the deal, from a Warriors fan who lives in SF and sees and hears the media talking about this stuff every day:

1. The typical Achilles injury like this is a 9 month injury, there's a great chart at the link: What Kevin Durant’s Injury Means For KD, The Finals And Free Agency

That link also shows how players with this injury have diminished after. Almost no one comes back 100% but some have come back pretty close. Dominique Wilkins was actually more productive after his and he was 32 years old.

So no, @buckalis , he is not sitting out all next year. He should be back around March to play 10 games or so and then be ready for the playoffs. Maybe not at 100% but as has been said many times, at 80% for him is still a very good player.

2. The Warriors absolutely no doubt swear on a stack of Bibles are going to offer KD a 5 year supermax, which is more than any other team can and pays him more than he would picking up his option. The ONLY reason he would just do the option is if he still doesn't know which team to go to, in which case he rehabs on the Warriors dime with no pressure in a familiar place that loves him, and decides next year. But if he always wanted to go to the Knicks or Lakers or Clippers or whatever, he will get a 4 year max from any of them and rehab there. If this experience binds him to the team and city more, he may just take the Warriors 5 year deal.

3. He may take the Warriors 5 year supermax but with the intention (and their blessing) of being traded somewhere. That way he locks in his money even while rehabing, and he allows the Ws to get back assets instead of just losing him. This seems like the smartest play for him, maxes his money but still allows him to leave if he wants to.

4. I don't know what he's going to do, neither do any of you, and I doubt he knows yet either. Dude's got a lot to think about.

I won't even try to list % chances of the available options

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know why but honestly it’s ridiculoys that it’s even being discussed, he gets a max contract multiple places and golden state can and will do the super max if that is what it takes.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant will sit next year, rehab and come back just as great... Even if it’s with another team because the NBA Is playing around what he can do best...

If he isn’t diminished purely by the injury he will be the first. Still can be a great player because he was that good.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing.
Right! Dirk could barely dribble drive... 100%

Idk how bad Durant’s injury is, but if he can come back and put a little pressure on a defense with his drive, and I know he can move without the ball, he’s still a top 5 player in this league

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he isn’t diminished purely by the injury he will be the first. Still can be a great player because he was that good.
I agree It is a hard injury to overcome, especially playing ball...

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it’s two years from now, he’ll come back and average 20+ a game because of his skill set alone. Same with Porzingis and others that come along like those two...

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK here's the deal, from a Warriors fan who lives in SF and sees and hears the media talking about this stuff every day:

1. The typical Achilles injury like this is a 9 month injury, there's a great chart at the link: What Kevin Durant’s Injury Means For KD, The Finals And Free Agency

That link also shows how players with this injury have diminished after. Almost no one comes back 100% but some have come back pretty close. Dominique Wilkins was actually more productive after his and he was 32 years old.

So no, @buckalis , he is not sitting out all next year. He should be back around March to play 10 games or so and then be ready for the playoffs. Maybe not at 100% but as has been said many times, at 80% for him is still a very good player.

2. The Warriors absolutely no doubt swear on a stack of Bibles are going to offer KD a 5 year supermax, which is more than any other team can and pays him more than he would picking up his option. The ONLY reason he would just do the option is if he still doesn't know which team to go to, in which case he rehabs on the Warriors dime with no pressure in a familiar place that loves him, and decides next year. But if he always wanted to go to the Knicks or Lakers or Clippers or whatever, he will get a 4 year max from any of them and rehab there. If this experience binds him to the team and city more, he may just take the Warriors 5 year deal.

3. He may take the Warriors 5 year supermax but with the intention (and their blessing) of being traded somewhere. That way he locks in his money even while rehabing, and he allows the Ws to get back assets instead of just losing him. This seems like the smartest play for him, maxes his money but still allows him to leave if he wants to.

4. I don't know what he's going to do, neither do any of you, and I doubt he knows yet either. Dude's got a lot to think about.

I won't even try to list % chances of the available options

Jesus my guy!

#3 Is what I think is going to to happen. Insurance plus guaranteed money is always the best way to go.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the injury, Durant is staying with the Warriors, signing the Max because of the team they’re going to break their backs to keep in San Francisco...

Didn’t they just build a new stadium?