• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft possibilities

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree...... If you like him and he's at least close to the BPA you take him, if he's rated as a guy you might be able to get with the 30th pick you wait, if you miss him so be it, but you damn sure don't pick him if you have 30 guy rated higher.
If you have him rated top 10 screw where every other team has him rated. Just like Fredricks We had him rated much higher then other teams did. Some times you have to trust the scouts you hire and live and die on their reputations. For the record I don't know where he's rated.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have him rated top 10 screw where every other team has him rated. Just like Fredricks We had him rated much higher then other teams did. Some times you have to trust the scouts you hire and live and die on their reputations. For the record I don't know where he's rated.
I'll agree it YOU have him rated top 10 take him, but you said if you think you can get him in the 2nd I'd think that means he's nowhere near top ten. As for Fredericks I think they really believed he would not be there by their next pick. In these cases if the player you really want is very unlikely to be there by your next pick then I can see reaching a little but I'd hope to trade back for said player and gain an extra pick. I want Wentz, but not him or any QB at 4, I'm all for trading back into the 15 20 range for Wentz.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for a new GM and HC for 2016.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Jerry in charge we can only keep our fingers crossed. :hope:

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One ESPN report today mentioned Wentz might be the first QB taken this year. Of course that will change 5 or 6 times by draft day.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Wentz isn't changing. From everything I read and saw he was clearly the best by a long shot. Of course Lynch and Goff wasn't there, but scouts got to see this guy all week. It was a lot more than just the 8-10 passes he got to throw yesterday. I will take that over a combine/ pro day , whatever. Now if you just watch the game, I think the Arkansas Qb may have moved up some.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree it YOU have him rated top 10 take him, but you said if you think you can get him in the 2nd I'd think that means he's nowhere near top ten. As for Fredericks I think they really believed he would not be there by their next pick. In these cases if the player you really want is very unlikely to be there by your next pick then I can see reaching a little but I'd hope to trade back for said player and gain an extra pick. I want Wentz, but not him or any QB at 4, I'm all for trading back into the 15 20 range for Wentz.
Wentz is the flavor of the month. I have never seen him play, and yes I'm really excited about him lol. Funny how certain media buffs can sway ones opinion...Mayock. Heres the deal if you like him and believe he's a franchise QB you take him at 4. Don't get slick and say Oh I can get him in the second. I think that has bit JJ in the but too many times. The Cowboys control their own fate right now. I think who we selected at 4 will send this team in one of two directions. You miss we probably are stuck in mediocrity for a while. If we hit we become a serious contender in the next 2 or 3 years.
Meaning Don't assume you can get him in the 2nd. The Cowboys may not be the only team high on him in theory. If they think he's a franchise qb why wait until the 2nd round and let some one else get him.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with a trade back, but we need to win in the deal. I think S.F. got the better of us when we traded with them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with a trade back, but we need to win in the deal. I think everyone got the better of us when we traded with them.
:fify:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with a trade back, but we need to win in the deal. I think S.F. got the better of us when we traded with them.

Yes point value SF got the better deal, I guess Dallas should have just picked Frederick in the 1st without the trade.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually love the idea of trading out of 4. The draft has proven to be a game of chance, even in the 1st round, for all teams. The more picks you have early, the better. The Cowboys have done a nice job in the first couple of rounds lately, I'd like to have two 1st and a 2nd or a top 15 and two early 2nd

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the board and obviously don't know where the coaches and scouts really have anybody rated .

I love the Idea of getting more value and more picks by trading back a little but not this year. My thoughts are simple Romo has 2 years left to play to get us out of that contract hell with him depending on health maybe less if he gets hurt again on that shoulder or his back. We have the #4 pick in the draft we need a QB to Groom. At least 2 players are rated that high this year Goff ,Wentz or Lynch depending on who you like.

I have stated before that I like Wentz having watched him play for 3 years on Saturdays. I stay at 4, pick My Qb and move on to the rest of the draft. Why you ask? Well the Cowboys have neglected the position for so long that its time to pick a blue chip QB that gives you a 50/50 chance of success.

And Honestly what's the worst that can happen the guy fails and we have to find another QB? The Cowboys did not have a plan in place when Aikman left and foundered for years until they were gifted Romo by Sean Payton at the time and if Quincy did not love the weed so much Romo most likely would not be here either.

I'm willing to take the chance at 4 and draft a QB.

To me its simple draft him and let him sit and learn and then reap the benefits or start over but you have to start by buying the lottery ticket.

JMHO others will vary :suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes point value SF got the better deal, I guess Dallas should have just picked Frederick in the 1st without the trade.
We weren't picking Frederick until all our other guys went. Kind of lucked out that we got such a good player after being played like amateurs...Still love the comments that 'He was about to get picked buy...'

The fact it turned out well for us doesn't mean it was a smart move. We could have traded out 1st to NE for their 4th the years Tom Brady came out and if we picked Brady it would have worked out incredibly for us...doesn't mean at the time it wouldn't have been a horrible move...

But yeah, if we liked him that much we should have just picked him and not risked losing him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually love the idea of trading out of 4. The draft has proven to be a game of chance, even in the 1st round, for all teams. The more picks you have early, the better. The Cowboys have done a nice job in the first couple of rounds lately, I'd like to have two 1st and a 2nd or a top 15 and two early 2nd
I agree in theory, but only if we don't see a can't miss prospect on the board at 4 when it's our turn. For example, if we love Bosa or one of the DBs and they are sitting there I'd rather just take them..

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in theory, but only if we don't see a can't miss prospect on the board at 4 when it's our turn. For example, if we love Bosa or one of the DBs and they are sitting there I'd rather just take them..
I would be more excited about Bosa or a CB than one of the QB's. We are in a good spot

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the board and obviously don't know where the coaches and scouts really have anybody rated .

I love the Idea of getting more value and more picks by trading back a little but not this year. My thoughts are simple Romo has 2 years left to play to get us out of that contract hell with him depending on health maybe less if he gets hurt again on that shoulder or his back. We have the #4 pick in the draft we need a QB to Groom. At least 2 players are rated that high this year Goff ,Wentz or Lynch depending on who you like.

I have stated before that I like Wentz having watched him play for 3 years on Saturdays. I stay at 4, pick My Qb and move on to the rest of the draft. Why you ask? Well the Cowboys have neglected the position for so long that its time to pick a blue chip QB that gives you a 50/50 chance of success.

And Honestly what's the worst that can happen the guy fails and we have to find another QB? The Cowboys did not have a plan in place when Aikman left and foundered for years until they were gifted Romo by Sean Payton at the time and if Quincy did not love the weed so much Romo most likely would not be here either.

I'm willing to take the chance at 4 and draft a QB.

To me its simple draft him and let him sit and learn and then reap the benefits or start over but you have to start by buying the lottery ticket.

JMHO others will vary :suds:
I agree.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We weren't picking Frederick until all our other guys went. Kind of lucked out that we got such a good player after being played like amateurs...Still love the comments that 'He was about to get picked buy...'

The fact it turned out well for us doesn't mean it was a smart move. We could have traded out 1st to NE for their 4th the years Tom Brady came out and if we picked Brady it would have worked out incredibly for us...doesn't mean at the time it wouldn't have been a horrible move...

But yeah, if we liked him that much we should have just picked him and not risked losing him.
Understand, but I really believe Dallas wanted OL, and the player SF wanted was no longer on the board. If Vacarro was still on the board I think Dallas would have gotten better value. Funny thing is it worked out for both teams, Frederick is a stud and so is Reid, who also turned out to be the better S.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frederick is a stud and so is Reid, who also turned out to be the better S.
Reid is a player, no question but no issues here....I screamed for quality center for as long as I've posted on internet football forums and we sure got quality in Fred.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid is a player, no question but no issues here....I screamed for quality center for as long as I've posted on internet football forums and we sure got quality in Fred.
I'm not complaining about Frederick, or the trade, just stating my opinion on why SF got more value out of the deal. I really believe SF wanted Vacarro, Reid was their 2nd option, and Dallas wanted an OLman but Frederick wasn't their 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice. By the time Dallas was ready to pick the OL they wanted was gone and so was Vacarro. I don't think Dallas wanted the spend the 18th pick on Frederick and SF wasn't too sure it wanted to trade up for Reid, at least not by giving up the value Dallas fans screamed for. If Vacarro was there at 18 I think the trade would have been SF's 1st and 2nd.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boys got a starting Pro Bowl Center & #2 WR out the deal. Not bad....