• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day the movie...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay just saw a newer trailer of this new movie coming out in April with Costner, now the part that really is disturbing he's having a conversation with his head coach and he say to his head coach, " do they do it different in Dallas?' And the head coach responds with, " yes they win championships." Holding up a championship ring as he's saying this.

My problem with this is simple, is the movie based on the early 90's? cause I don't remember the Cowgirls winning a title in this decade. Now granted some Cowgirl fans like to bring up the past and talk about their titles, ( with dust on them) ......

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think that was a great idea for a movie that looks like it just wasn't very well written.

...Or acted. Kevin Costner is the 2nd-worst actor of all time behind Ben Affleck.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was a great idea for a movie that looks like it just wasn't very well written.

...Or acted. Kevin Costner is the 2nd-worst actor of all time behind Ben Affleck.

Finally, someone that agrees with me on affleck!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This movie sounds like a dud. It's like ESPN wrote the script.

Did Jerrah pay the producers to put that line in the movie?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a movie, not a biography.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boys had some solid drafts in the 90s. I mean they did draft Aikman, Irvin, Smith (3 headed monster). Sanders of course was a trade but they also had some good pieces in place already. I think more of the Dallas 90s success was due to Jimmy Johnson and the coaching staff, and then surprise surprise after Jerry fired Jimmy they only won the SBOWL once more (with Jimmy's team) and have fallen into mediocrity ever since.

I'd probably say if any team should be made into a movie it'd be Seattle. They have a ridiculous # of late round picks starting on their team... a late round pick turned into an SBOWL MVP. Kam/Richard are the two best DBs of their position and they were 6th/5th round picks respectively. KJ Wright, solid starter (4th rounder), Walt Thurmond (great nickel back, 3rd rounder), etc. etc. Wilson, 3rd rounder, everyone called Seattle insane except Gruden.

Whatever... Seattle's a small market I get it, but they are THE team to model yourselves after if you're trying to excel in the draft. You need a genius GM (Schneider is, what he did in Green Bay as well was incredible) and a great scouting department. Don't get me wrong Carroll helps too, but he is a small piece of it. I do like Carroll because nearly ANY draft article says, "We" in evaluating talent and he ALWAYS mentions Schneider's name and gives him credit.

Seattle's just such a healthy team right now.... they really could be a dynasty if they play their cards right.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong Carroll helps too, but he is a small piece of it.

81388d1372889521-newb-seeks-bolt-lambo-door-kit-803anigif_not_sure_if_ser-gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ermm, shouldn't have said small piece. Should've just said 'piece' of it. Impossible to know how much he controls, but the media always give Carroll a ton of credit whereas Carroll turns right back around and mentions Schneider and his scouts. So just sayin.

Small piece was poorly phrased on my part. Was just trying to emphasize the importance of other folks in the Seahawks FO.