• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down On The Farm

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swore he got up to 1. I just recall that Adam Jones and Walker were the only number 1 prospects the Mariners have had since ARod. Or maybe it was something like that and I just heard number 1. I know Walker was rated high and thought he was the shit when he came to Tacoma.

You could be right. Baseball America lets you look at some years but other years is subscription only so maybe he was #1 with them.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right. Baseball America lets you look at some years but other years is subscription only so maybe he was #1 with them.

I truly don’t know, I just thought I heard he was. Then he came to Tacoma and was hated by every single non player person there.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to prove you wrong. I was just on a fact finding mission because I couldn't remember. It surprised me as well. It was fun.

Oh I know you weren't on a mission to prove me wrong, because who can do that? I know everything remember?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still waiting for Jake Fraley to shoot up the rankings. Don't know why he's not getting much attention. Here are his stats this year:

AAA: 20 games, 4 doubles, 3 triples, 5 HRs, 21 RBIs, 4 SB, .274/.326/.571
AA: 61 games, 15 doubles, 2 triples, 11 HRs, 47 RBIs, 16 SB, .313/.386/.539
Total: 81 games, 19 doubles, 5 triples, 16 HRs, 68 RBIs, 20 SB, .303/.370/.548

To put that into perspective, over a 162 game schedule that's 38 doubles, 10 triples, 32 HRs, 136 RBIs and 40 SB

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish Everett would somehow become the AA affiliate for the Mariners. Would make this and next season so much easier.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish Everett would somehow become the AA affiliate for the Mariners. Would make this and next season so much easier.

Yeah would be easier going to those two parks and spend money there instead of the pink palace!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand the purpose in having minor league affiliates - aside from the DSL obviously - outside of the state. Having them play near the fanbase would probably generate a lot more money. Although I have to add I don't know what goes into the decision making process with those things.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sad thing is that for the first time in my life I'm probably keeping closer track of our prospects than our major league players. Hearing about prospects playing well excites me more than the Mariners winning a game due to the fact that this team is going nowhere.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the purpose in having minor league affiliates - aside from the DSL obviously - outside of the state. Having them play near the fanbase would probably generate a lot more money. Although I have to add I don't know what goes into the decision making process with those things.

I understand in a way that most teams are in the south because of weather and travel. But flying doesn’t cost anywhere near what it use to too, it’s not like the Mariners couldn’t get a discount from Alaska or crap send them on choo choo trains. It’s wishful thinking I just wish they’d redo the minor leagues so our AA affiliate is Everett and AAA is Tacoma. Realistically AAA is where most of the callups are and occasionally the AA. It just makes more sense to me plus the fan base I think would support Everett more. I’m sure there is a whole heck of lot more that goes into it and makes it unrealistic but it would be cool getting to watch the AA team in person every now and then.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is that for the first time in my life I'm probably keeping closer track of our prospects than our major league players. Hearing about prospects playing well excites me more than the Mariners winning a game due to the fact that this team is going nowhere.

This is what I have been telling people to do and there have been social media accounts that represent the Seattle Mariners that show prospect highlights that are trying to promote the organization a different way. We have the best AA team in the league, we have prospects being promoted Logan Gilbert got promoted to AA and looked good his debut. There are good things going on.

The mariners are starting relief pitchers in their games this is a throw away season people should not be focused on the mariners right now

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I have been telling people to do and there have been social media accounts that represent the Seattle Mariners that show prospect highlights that are trying to promote the organization a different way. We have the best AA team in the league, we have prospects being promoted Logan Gilbert got promoted to AA and looked good his debut. There are good things going on.

The mariners are starting relief pitchers in their games this is a throw away season people should not be focused on the mariners right now

Obviously there is nothing to be excited about regarding the major league team aside from the development and performance of guys who project to be with the team long-term.

The nice thing about the development with our minor league players is that all of the top prospects with the exception of Justus Sheffield have either performed at or exceeded expectations so far this year. Luckily with Sheffield he seems to have figured out his control issues since being sent down to AA. Hopefully when he eventually gets back up to Tacoma he will replicate that success.

One guy people haven't been talking about is Cal Raleigh. He recently got the call up to AA and in his combined 125 minor league games between this year and last year he has 30 HRs 96 RBIs and 29 doubles. With how Omar Narvaez, Tom Murphy and Cal Raleigh are playing the Mariners suddenly appear to be pretty set at catcher now.