• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down On The Farm

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be the only one who is frustrated that so far the Mariners have not signed one top-30 international prospect.

Perhaps I'm overreacting but I would rather the Mariners spend their entire international spending allocation on one prospect rather than just sign a few guys I can't even find on Google.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be the only one who is frustrated that so far the Mariners have not signed one top-30 international prospect.

Perhaps I'm overreacting but I would rather the Mariners spend their entire international spending allocation on one prospect rather than just sign a few guys I can't even find on Google.

I stopped even following this joke of a show. I think in 20 years we have Felix and little to nothing else to show from this signing farce. If I were US kids, I would just strike on draft day. Why do they have to take slot and go to whomever drafts them and these kids can sign for whatever and go where they want which is usually the big markets.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped even following this joke of a show. I think in 20 years we have Felix and little to nothing else to show from this signing farce. If I were US kids, I would just strike on draft day. Why do they have to take slot and go to whomever drafts them and these kids can sign for whatever and go where they want which is usually the big markets.

I read that a lot of these kids know where they want to sign years in advance. For a kid in Latin America I can't blame them for wanting to go to the Yankees, Red Sox or some area with a large Hispanic population. Considering the fact that I can maybe only name a dozen or so cities in that region, I wouldn't be surprised if many of them have never even heard of Seattle.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like coming to a farm near you...International signings. I am real big on..who am I kidding. I haven't heard of any of them.

Seattle Mariners

Jose Corniell, rhp, Dominican Republic
George Feliz, of, Dominican Republic - $900,000
Carlos Jimenez, of, Dominican Republic (video)
Edryn Rodriguez, ss, Dominican Republic (video)
Axel Sanchez, ss, Dominican Republic (video)
Andres Mesa, ss, Dominican Republic (video)
German Guilarte, c, Venezuela (video)
Yoander Rojas, c, Venezuela
Luis Suisbel, ss, Venezuela
Emmanuel Marcano, rhp, Venezuela
Adrian Quintana, rhp, Dominican Republic
Pedro Lemos de Costa, rhp, Brazil

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday:

Arkansas Travelers is with Rick Rodery.
Kyle Lewis reached base in all 5 plate appearances tonight, but none was bigger than his walk-off double in the 11th inning to enable the Travelers to beat Springfield 2-1 in 11 innings. Now the Travs go for the series sweep tomorrow at Dickey-Stephens Park.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think international player signings can be overrated not many of these guys actually turn out to be good. I could be wrong but since 2011 the only 2 players that stand out that are international signings are Gleyber Torres and Vladmir Guerrero Jr and I think Vlad learned and prepared more from his dad and uncle than the actual Blue Jays. Not many player actually make it through all those levels of minor league ball all the way to the majors and become all stars I think you better bet is American ball players from college.

I would not be on board with giving a 16 or 17 year old kid 5 million dollars I dont care how good he is. I know everyone is excited about Julio Rodriguez but he is playing in a league where there isnt a whole lot of talent once you are in high A and getting into AA/AAA we will see who is who.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well to be fair to them, they have been as productive as any other franchise, just they either struck out on a guy or have traded them. They don’t have much to show for it but they have hit on the international market they just end up contributing to other organizations.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarred Kelenic has bumped up to #13 on the Baseball Prospectus top-50 prospects. Can't remember the last time we had a prospect that highly ranked in our system.

Julio Rodriguez is at #39 and Logan Gilbert is at #42. Here is the link:

2019 Prospects: The Midseason 50 - Baseball Prospectus

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
710 ESPN has a pretty good write up of interview Dryer had with McKay director of player development

I don’t know how to link tweet to here on my phone

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have talent that has to be turned into skill and you have prospects that need to be turned into performers.”

This is the key... Hopefully the M's can finally translate this into a successful farm transition to MLB....