• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins Trading the #3 Overall to the San Francisco 49ers

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE Pats south is really shaping up
Miami won't be the patsy's of the AFCE any longer, Jets will hold that honor solely. Brian Flores is doing a great job and finally a Delicious, not crabapple comes off the tree

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this most likely has been posted somewhere, but I just saw it, so...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Niners are going to pretend that they want Mac Jones.
Not an act, maybe?

It would be funny to see Chris Simms left out to dry but all of the signs are pointing to Jones atm

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an act, maybe?

It would be funny to see Chris Simms left out to dry but all of the signs are pointing to Jones atm

Kinda seems like Shanahan is trying so hard to convince people that the Niners will take Jones.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading everyone asking who they traded up for. If it's just one guy, they're absolute idiots, so I'm sure it isn't. It has to be 3 guys they feel are worth it because you have no clue in March what will happen on draft day and picking 3rd there needs to be 3 guys you love enough to give up an absolutely huge haul to get. Luckily for SF I think (not that I know shit) there are 3 legit superstar QBs in this draft. I think Lawrence, Wilson and Lance are all legit franchise QBs and I don't buy any of them need a year to sit and wait after watching QBs the last few years. Jimmy G just isn't a good QB and all 3 IMO are much better right out of the box year 1 and certainly by the end of the year if you let them learn on the job.
I've read scouting reports on Fields and Lance. If you read Lance's specifically and didn't identify who the player was, you would think the scouting report was about Kap and his weaknesses. Lance is young and inexperienced and I don't see him as a day one starter, especially if he is expected to execute Shanahan's office without significantly pairing down the offense. He just doesn't seem ready yet. Fields has some of the same weaknesses.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda seems like Shanahan is trying so hard to convince people that the Niners will take Jones.
All I know is that you dont make the trade they do unless they are super confident that they have a franchise QB. My personal take on that is that Justin Fields should probably be the guy but Mac Jones is going to be a top 10 pick so it certainly could be him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie realizing perhaps he shouldn't have traded out of that #6 spot so quickly...

Choking Messed Up GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm sure this most likely has been posted somewhere, but I just saw it, so...

You don't have to hide the fact you're scouting QBs but you still need to hide the fact of who you're leaning towards because you don't own the #2 pick and there is always a chance someone could leapfrog you.

They were trying to trade up weeks ago so they've already poured over the film and are probably 95% sure of who their top 3 guys are. Maybe if the 4th and 3rd guy are really close in their grades that 4th guy might leap the 3rd but they pretty much know what they are going to do.

The interest in Mac Jones could be legit but he's also the perfect guy to convince people you're taking as I doubt anyone is going to trade to #2 to steal Mac Jones away from you.

Also Lynch and Shanahan are going to see Fields because he's planning on having another showcase so they'll be able to see him in person as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing the 49ers spend 3 firsts and a 3rd for the 1.03, seems hard to envision a team trading for the 1.02. What would the cost be? Obviously really expensive and would the Jets even consider trading the pick? I don't feel the 49ers are worried about at all TBH, because I think they would be fine with at least 3 different QBs in the draft. So I doubt they feel the need to "fool" teams about who they are planning to draft with the 1.03, but they will do their due diligence on various QBs in the draft because that is the smart thing to do. I still feel Mac Jones is who they end up taking, but time will tell.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing the 49ers spend 3 firsts and a 3rd for the 1.03, seems hard to envision a team trading for the 1.02. What would the cost be? Obviously really expensive and would the Jets even consider trading the pick? I don't feel the 49ers are worried about at all TBH, because I think they would be fine with at least 3 different QBs in the draft. So I doubt they feel the need to "fool" teams about who they are planning to draft with the 1.03, but they will do their due diligence on various QBs in the draft because that is the smart thing to do. I still feel Mac Jones is who they end up taking, but time will tell.
Unless the team doesn't have nearly as far to trade up from. But does Atl go that hard for a QB and would the Jets even be willing top trade it? Maybe Car but then you have a team moving up a bunch of spots.

How funny if Miami moves back up and ends up one spot higher than before, but basically even from a pick perspective. That would be a slick move...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to hide the fact you're scouting QBs but you still need to hide the fact of who you're leaning towards because you don't own the #2 pick and there is always a chance someone could leapfrog you.

They were trying to trade up weeks ago so they've already poured over the film and are probably 95% sure of who their top 3 guys are. Maybe if the 4th and 3rd guy are really close in their grades that 4th guy might leap the 3rd but they pretty much know what they are going to do.

The interest in Mac Jones could be legit but he's also the perfect guy to convince people you're taking as I doubt anyone is going to trade to #2 to steal Mac Jones away from you.

Also Lynch and Shanahan are going to see Fields because he's planning on having another showcase so they'll be able to see him in person as well.
But that really doesn’t make sense. There is only one team that has anything close enough to trade for the number 2 pick, and that is the Dolphins and you just traded with them. If the 49ers traded all the way up to 3 to get Mac Jones it’s the equivalent of the Bears trading up with you to get Trubisky. There literally is zero threat of someone leap frogging them to number two just as the Bears had zero chance of any one leap frogging them to take Trubisky.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

San Francisco 49ers general manager John Lynch and head coach Kyle Shanahan were two of those there to see potential top-five pick, Mac Jones in his second throwing session in as many weeks.

Worth noting that Fields and Jones had their pro day the same day and the 49er brass skipped Fields Pro Day to be at Jones Pro day............

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peter King reported in his Football Morning in America column that Shanahan and Lynch were blowing off Fields' pro day to instead go check out Jones at his field day for Alabama, sending assistant GM Adam Peters to Ohio State instead:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peter King reported in his Football Morning in America column that Shanahan and Lynch were blowing off Fields' pro day to instead go check out Jones at his field day for Alabama, sending assistant GM Adam Peters to Ohio State instead:
Do you believe that they had to go to 3 to get Jones? Why not 6? Unless we're all out to lunch on Jones?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe that they had to go to 3 to get Jones? Why not 6? Unless we're all out to lunch on Jones?
It seems certain that Lawrence goes #1 and from all accounts it seems certain that Wilson goes #2. After those two opinions are divided on who is next best . If your enamored with one of them, you don't trade up to the 6th pick and risk losing the QB you want. The signs all point to the 49ers taking Jones. Shanahan and Lynch passed on going to Fields pro day to go to Jones pro day and Jones fits the mold that Shanahan seems to prefer, which is pocket passer. Most of the sports media draft guys seem to think it'll be Jones and I for one is rooting that to be so, or if not him then Lance.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to say though this seems like a smoke screen because it just too hard to believe the 49ers spent all that capitol to draft Jones. It is fun for me as a Seahawk fan thinking that the 49ers would do that. Course they did trade for Jimmy G and gave him that crazy contract so they have done some curious moves at QB with Shanahan.