• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Championship Game: #3 Detroit Lions @ #1 San Francisco 49ers

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sneed and Johnson get tagged you are looking at Awuzie, Gilmore, or Fuller. All may be better than Sutton, but none by a lot. I would love a CB pick to be an instant star. I am just hoping we don't continue the string of undrafted CBs to start that we have had.
I think there are half a dozen other guys that will be available who are step up.

I know Okudah won’t be coming back. But just as reference, I’d consider him an upgrade to our secondary right now.

Two mid level guys might be a big improvement if they make a splash in FA with a pass rusher.

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now going for it when it was 4th and 3 and the score was 24-27 was the absolutely awful decision. It's in the 4th quarter you're behind at that point and all the momentum is with the 9ers at that point and your own team is reeling so taking the points and making sure the 9ers can't make it a two score game was the only smart move at that point.
Even if you convert on that 4th and 3...and eventually get the touchdown...it certainly wouldn't have guaranteed a Lion victory. Passing on a field goal attempt of less than 50 yards to tie the game is one of the worst calls in postseason history IMO. This is up there with the goofs of Matt LaFleur and Kyle Shanahan.