• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins game notes

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob St. Clair, Dave Wilcox, Carlton Williamson, Guy McIntyre, John Taylor, Bill Romanowski, Terrell Owens, and a few of the recent 3rd rounders, including Gore, look pretty good, too. I know you just brought up offense, but I felt compelled to chime in.

Just adding to the 49ers 3rd Round magic, I just focused on my top two... but you did a great job of expanding the argument, the 3rd round has been very good to the 49ers... kinda tempted to add Bowman to that now... after the names you dropped.

3rd round = 49ers round

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just adding to the 49ers 3rd Round magic, I just focused on my top two... but you did a great job of expanding the argument, the 3rd round has been very good to the 49ers... kinda tempted to add Bowman to that now... after the names you dropped.

3rd round = 49ers round

Ray MacDonald, Chris Culliver. . . Derek Hamilton

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ray MacDonald, Chris Culliver. . . Derek Hamilton

Argh! I really liked Hamilton alot. Kid could play basketball, too. I was half tempted to jokingly bring up Andrew Williams. Lot of debate on him back on the ESPN boards when he was drafted.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers' Alex Smith reports concussion -- and loses his job - San Jose Mercury News

Did Smith get a raw deal?

Not according to a range of doctors, concussion experts and former NFL players contacted for this story. While they sympathize with Smith's frustration, they say it's a small price to pay.

"He wasn't burned. The 49ers might have saved his life," said Neil Chasan, a physical therapist and the director of the Sports Reaction Center in Bellevue, Wash. "The truth is: He wasn't ready to play. And if he had taken another hit to the head he might have died."

As Dr. Hunt Batjer, co-chairman of the NFL's Head, Neck and Spine Committee, said in a phone interview, "You play through pain, but you do not play through a brain or spinal injury. You're risking a permanent change and even death."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ProFootballWeekly.com - Crabtree separating himself from Niners WR pack

I've never been a huge fan of their articles that have these source quotes in them because I've never gotten the sense that they routinely speak to the people that are truely tuned in to each team, but who knows? Quite often their sources will say something so obvious that I question why the person just doesn't put their name to the quote. Anyways, I always post these articles despite all that.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barrows:

First player out of the 49ers locker room is Brandon Jacobs. Tune into Twitter. Instagram, I guess ...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Miami Dolphins vs. San Francisco 49ers - Recap - December 09, 2012 - ESPN

Frank Gore purchased a gray hooded sweatshirt months ago specifically for this day, featuring an upside down teal dolphin in distress. Miami's mascot, on its head -- with a first-aid symbol and an "X" over each eye to boot.

"I said, 'We've got to turn him upside down,' " he said.

Some more highlights from that article:

QBR: Colin Kaepernick had a 64.1 Total QBR in Sunday's win over the Dolphins including a perfect 100.0 in the 4th quarter. Kaepernick has a 99.2 4th-quarter QBR since his 1st start in Week 11, best in the NFL over that span.

Aldon Smith had two sacks against the Dolphins Sunday, bringing his league-leading total to 19.5. All of his sacks this season have come when the 49ers have sent four or fewer pass rushers and he has 7.5 sacks more than anybody else with standard pressure.

Colin Kaepernick kept it short Sunday, completing 15-of-17 (88.2 percent) passes on throws 10 yards or fewer downfield, his highest completion percentage on such throws in his four starts this season. Kaepernick continues to rely on short passes as his average pass had been thrown 6.7 yards downfield over his last three starts after an average pass length of 10.2 yards in his first career start against the Bears.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
8258783683_b259d04ab1_c.jpg

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some more highlights from that article:

QBR: Colin Kaepernick had a 64.1 Total QBR in Sunday's win over the Dolphins including a perfect 100.0 in the 4th quarter. Kaepernick has a 99.2 4th-quarter QBR since his 1st start in Week 11, best in the NFL over that span.

Aldon Smith had two sacks against the Dolphins Sunday, bringing his league-leading total to 19.5. All of his sacks this season have come when the 49ers have sent four or fewer pass rushers and he has 7.5 sacks more than anybody else with standard pressure.

Colin Kaepernick kept it short Sunday, completing 15-of-17 (88.2 percent) passes on throws 10 yards or fewer downfield, his highest completion percentage on such throws in his four starts this season. Kaepernick continues to rely on short passes as his average pass had been thrown 6.7 yards downfield over his last three starts after an average pass length of 10.2 yards in his first career start against the Bears.

I don't mind Kaep learning how to throw to his 2nd and 3rd receivers short, since the current book on him seems to be to take away the big downfield pass. And even then he has such a canon that but for the 10yard long pass interference he would have had the ball right in Moss' hands on a 50+ yard play.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It brought to mind a quote after last week's loss in St. Louis from the Rams' James Laurinaitis. Speaking about the play that resulted in Kaepernick taking a safety after an ill-advised pass, the St. Louis linebacker said: "We got a good 'pass-key' before the snap. I'm not telling you what it was, but I knew by a certain couple of (49er) players they were going to pass the ball." Watching the Dolphins snuff out some plays Sunday, I wondered if the 49ers had fixed that tipoff tendency.

Hmmmm, the 49ers need to try and figure out what they are doing to telegraph passing plays.