• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/10/refo-dolphins-49ers-week-14/

Some highlights:

defensive tackle Paul Soliai turned in his worst performance of the season as he failed to get to grips with Jonathan Goodwin and Mike Iupati after a very early pressure in the first quarter.

----

Meanwhile on the outside Cameron Wake posted multiple sacks for the second game in a row but couldn’t turn that into a game turning performance as the 49ers were able to control the Dolphins’ defensive front on the ground. Wakes’ speed was too much for Anthony Davis to handle but the 49ers’ powerful blocking was too much for all but Starks to consistently deal with up front and San Francisco were even able to ride up and consistently neutralize the Dolphins’ linebackers. This Miami front is one of the leagues’ best but they failed to emphasize that point with a really strong display against the league’s best offensive line.

--------------

On a day that he passed 1,000 yards and tied the 49ers franchise record for career rushing touchdowns at 50 Frank Gore (+2.8) could hardly turn in a pedestrian performance and he did not disappoint. The 49er set a season high with six combined forced missed tackles (three each in run and pass game) and collected close to half of his rushing yardage after contact as he run with real purpose and energy making the most of the few opportunities that he received.

--------------------

Often times young players will wear down late in seasons but this is now the second year in a row at the start of his career where Smith has gotten stronger late in the year.

--------------------

His career development may have been frustrating at times but Michael Crabtree is finally starting to show what a tremendous and rounded wide receiver he has developed into. Completion percentage on passes targeted to Crabtree has grown every season and in his fourth season more than 75% of passes aimed to Crabtree are being completed in spite of a mid-season quarterback change. Crabtree hauled in 9-of-10 passes yesterday and forced a missed tackle as he collected a 20+ yard reception for the sixth time this season. Crabtree’s blend of efficiency and explosiveness after the catch is exactly what the 49ers thought they were getting four years ago and short of a really big play over the top of an opposing defense Crabtree is pretty much delivering on all fronts for the 49ers this season.

-------------------

- For the third time this season Chris Culliver refused to allow a single completion into his coverage. The previous two times (Week 2 vs. Detroit, Week 4 at New York) he was targeted only once; this week he was targeted four times.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh won’t get into war of social-media words regarding Jacobs’ comments

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/..._campaign=Feed:+49ersHotRead+(49ers+Hot+Read)

A.J. probably was in there eight or nine snaps and had a real nice block on Frank’s draw play that nearly scored. Ran a route, didn’t get the ball, but ran right past his man, which was positive. And assignment-wise, very well.

Something that was discussed yesterday in the game day thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Q: Should Randy Moss have made that catch in the end zone?

HARBAUGH: Yeah, that would have been a… It was a great throw. He had some
adversity trying to make that catch (laughter). There was some adversity
involved there

Oh, no. Fine him!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Q: Should Randy Moss have made that catch in the end zone?

HARBAUGH: Yeah, that would have been a… It was a great throw. He had some
adversity trying to make that catch (laughter). There was some adversity
involved there

Oh, no. Fine him!

isn't this the one where his right arm was pulled down? it wasn't flagrant, but enough he couldn't reach out further.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Often you’ll have a Jumbo formation with offensive linemen Daniel Kilgore and Leonard Davis and they’ll be on one side and then you’ll often run to that side. Your run game is known for its creativity and keeping defenses off balance, but that seems to be an exception. Do you have any thoughts on that? Could you be setting something up for later in the year?

HARBAUGH: Absolutely, anything’s possible off of that. And we did get stopped on the 3rd-and-1. We just didn’t have all 11 guys doing what – we had 10. Ten guys did exactly what they should have, but we didn’t get one more down block that we needed. So, you don’t like to see that happen.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
isn't this the one where his right arm was pulled down? it wasn't flagrant, but enough he couldn't reach out further.

Yes. That was the one. That's the "adversity" that Harbaugh was referring to. He couldn't say it should have been flagged for PI, otherwise he'd run the risk of getting fined.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. That was the one. That's the "adversity" that Harbaugh was referring to. He couldn't say it should have been flagged for PI, otherwise he'd run the risk of getting fined.

Then I'll say it for him - That should have been flagged!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaepernick's twitter:

I walk around with my head down not because I lack confidence or am ashamed but because I am humbled by how I have been blessed.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick's twitter:

I walk around with my head down not because I lack confidence or am ashamed but because I am humbled by how I have been blessed.

sounds like a quote he read off of his cell mates prison tattoo.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/10/refo-dolphins-49ers-week-14/

--------------------

His career development may have been frustrating at times but Michael Crabtree is finally starting to show what a tremendous and rounded wide receiver he has developed into. Completion percentage on passes targeted to Crabtree has grown every season and in his fourth season more than 75% of passes aimed to Crabtree are being completed in spite of a mid-season quarterback change. Crabtree hauled in 9-of-10 passes yesterday and forced a missed tackle as he collected a 20+ yard reception for the sixth time this season. Crabtree’s blend of efficiency and explosiveness after the catch is exactly what the 49ers thought they were getting four years ago and short of a really big play over the top of an opposing defense Crabtree is pretty much delivering on all fronts for the 49ers this season.

-------------------

- For the third time this season Chris Culliver refused to allow a single completion into his coverage. The previous two times (Week 2 vs. Detroit, Week 4 at New York) he was targeted only once; this week he was targeted four times.[/I]

Both Culliver and Crabtree have been impressive this year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ben Volin:

Ryan Tannehill yesterday in the fourth quarter: 4 of 13 for 28 yards and a TD. Missed 7 of his last 8 passes