• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins game notes

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Miami plays the same D as the Rams, Kaep should just take what they give him? he'll move downfield slower but move nevertheless. hopefully we finish with more TD's than FG's, but thats another matter. :-)

I hope so. My fear of Harbaugh using Kaep is that he now wants to be a quick strike offense that bites off big chunks of yardage. Though this is very fun to watch as a fan, it doesn't really compliment the way this team's blueprint is set out. Ball control and defense.

Scoring quick makes an offense seem more dangerous and effective, but I don't think that is true. Keeping the ball for 8-10 plays and punting is still an effective posession imo. My point is, I hope Harbaugh doesn't fall in love with Kaep's ability to make big plays. The MO of the offense should still be ball control. Use this 'newly found' ability to get big chunks of yardage only when needed (2nd/3rd and long).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope so. My fear of Harbaugh using Kaep is that he now wants to be a quick strike offense that bites off big chunks of yardage. Though this is very fun to watch as a fan, it doesn't really compliment the way this team's blueprint is set out. Ball control and defense.

Scoring quick makes an offense seem more dangerous and effective, but I don't think that is true. Keeping the ball for 8-10 plays and punting is still an effective posession imo. My point is, I hope Harbaugh doesn't fall in love with Kaep's ability to make big plays. The MO of the offense should still be ball control. Use this 'newly found' ability to get big chunks of yardage only when needed (2nd/3rd and long).

yep. main thing is let Kaep grow with game experience, and letting teammates get more efficient with him.

they haven't changed the offense much BUT, they've shown new plays for opponents to defend. whether they worked or not, defenses have to prepare for anything at any time.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs says Mario doubtful Jenkins finally gets some action

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrows twitter
Jim Harbaugh said Mario Manningham is listed as doubtful; days AJ Jenkins will see first action of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hope to see both Jenkins and James.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: 49ers notes: Manningham doubtful; Jenkins waiting in the wings

Harbaugh said that Michael Wilhoite, who was signed to the 53-man roster, would have gotten a game ball had the 49ers won on Sunday. "The tackles, and he did some great things in the punt (game), freed up some of our guys in the contain game, blocking his man and then getting chip on the next man," Harbaugh said. "He did a fantastic job. He was really on it assignment-wise the entire game."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coach's Notebook: Dec. 7

So, when you’re on the sideline are you only hearing one voice in the headset? Greg Roman’s?
“I don’t really feel the need to dissect it. We’ve gone over it.”

Wahoo!!!!!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore, who went to the University of Miami, needs 28 yards rushing against the Dolphins to reach 1,000 for the sixth time. Only the Rams' Steven Jackson has more 1,000-yard seasons (seven) among active players.

It's pretty amazing that a broken hip is the only thing that prevented him from being tied with Jackson, who came into the league 1 year before Frank.

It's kinda weird how 3rd rounders have carried this organization (offensively)... Joe Montana to G.O.A.T. levels, and Frank Gore slowly but surely taking this team back to a championship level in a passing league.

I'm so proud that Frank Gore was a 49er. Kinda weird how two of the best offensive players to wear a 49ers uniform were 3rd rounders... Joe and Frank. Obviously Jerry in the 1st fills out the trifecta.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jenkins and james could provide some nice plays if we can find ways to get them the ball in space.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's pretty amazing that a broken hip is the only thing that prevented him from being tied with Jackson, who came into the league 1 year before Frank.

It's kinda weird how 3rd rounders have carried this organization (offensively)... Joe Montana to G.O.A.T. levels, and Frank Gore slowly but surely taking this team back to a championship level in a passing league.

I'm so proud that Frank Gore was a 49er. Kinda weird how two of the best offensive players to wear a 49ers uniform were 3rd rounders... Joe and Frank. Obviously Jerry in the 1st fills out the trifecta.

Bob St. Clair, Dave Wilcox, Carlton Williamson, Guy McIntyre, John Taylor, Bill Romanowski, Terrell Owens, and a few of the recent 3rd rounders, including Gore, look pretty good, too. I know you just brought up offense, but I felt compelled to chime in.