• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins Draft Picks

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Round
2nd Round
  • No. 36 overall (via Houston Texans)
  • No. 50 overall
3rd Round
  • No. 81 overall
4th Round
  • No. 123 overall
7th Round
  • No. 231 overall (via Houston Texans)
  • No. 258 overall (via Kansas City Chiefs)

The Fins could decide to trade down with their pick(s), without a trade here are some options:

I am thinking the Fins should add another dynamic playmaker early in the draft. TE Pitts at #3 could be the best option. He could become one of the top TEs in the NFL. The Fins could resemble the Chiefs with too many playmakers to contain. I like Smith, Chase and Waddle but Pitts could be the biggest difference maker from this draft.

Pick 18 could be used on BPA at pass rusher or Oline.

Pick 36 is early enough to land either Etienne, Harris or Williams. Any of those guys would be a good choice.

BPA with the remaining picks. If it's at positions of need, that's even better.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Round
2nd Round
  • No. 36 overall (via Houston Texans)
  • No. 50 overall
3rd Round
  • No. 81 overall
4th Round
  • No. 123 overall
7th Round
  • No. 231 overall (via Houston Texans)
  • No. 258 overall (via Kansas City Chiefs)

The Fins could decide to trade down with their pick(s), without a trade here are some options:

I am thinking the Fins should add another dynamic playmaker early in the draft. TE Pitts at #3 could be the best option. He could become one of the top TEs in the NFL. The Fins could resemble the Chiefs with too many playmakers to contain. I like Smith, Chase and Waddle but Pitts could be the biggest difference maker from this draft.

Pick 18 could be used on BPA at pass rusher or Oline.

Pick 36 is early enough to land either Etienne, Harris or Williams. Any of those guys would be a good choice.

BPA with the remaining picks. If it's at positions of need, that's even better.
I've been reading a lot of comments about this and it's a tough call which is probably a good problem to have as they have options. My first thought was Sewell to make the oline dominant but the oline should be better as is with more experience. Hunt played well down the stretch so the comments about needing a RT may be false. If anything take some competition later as playmakers are more urgent with that first pick.

I wouldn't be upset with Pitts as he seems to be a generational talent. They already have Gesicki but they can get them both on the field which would be tough to stop.

Any of those WR's would be great too. They do have a lot of WR's right now but some may not be around especially after next season. The only thing to ponder is that they could take one at 18 as one may fall or in the 2nd round as its a deep WR draft.

They could use a pass rushing OLB so Parsons could be a great fit. Probably can't wait until 18 but could trade up from there as well if you miss out.

Unless there is a player that they really want take him at 3 I'm fine with that but with all of these options I'd love to see them move back and stay in the top 10 if possible. Acquire more picks and a 1st next year would be awesome. QB's will be taken so one of these great players will fall to them inside 10 and possibly even later. How can they go wrong? I think the key to this is that they've done a good job in FA to plug holes the draft can be used to find those star players. That's my thoughts on this again it's nice to have options.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few players that I would be glad to see the Fins pick with their first pick. Sewell, Pitts, Smith, Chase or Waddle.

That said, there are questions that have to be answered with picking any of these guys early though. Is Sewell that much better than the other top OTs in the draft? He may be. Also, the Fins played two rookies at both tackle spots. Is the Sewell pick a luxury pick or a necessity? An elite Oline with depth is never a bad thing.

With Chase, can he create separation with his route running at the next level? Probably so.

Smith size question: Can he hold up with NFL hitters. Probably so.

Waddle has injury concerns but he could be the next Tyreek Hill.

Pitts will probably never be Gronk as a blocker however he will be dynamic and productive. He will be a matchup problem in the red zone. He scores lots of TDs. I think it would overwhelm defenses to have to cover him, Gesicki, Parker, Fuller and others.

The Fins have some great options at pick 3 or with a trade down. I wouldn't trade down too far though and miss one of the top talents.

RE pick 18. Harris is my top choice at RB. I don't think he makes it past the Steelers at 24. The question is how much do the Fins value Etienne and Williams compared to Harris.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would draft Pitts and move him to WR. He’s only 20.5 years old right now.

That could work. The Fins have other TEs on the roster that compliment Gesicki's game well and they know the system. Parker, Pitts and Fuller and one of the other WRs would be a handful to try to cover.

Grant has been practicing this offseason with Tua. That probably gives him an advantage in earning a spot. Plus he is very good as a returner. There will be lots of guys trying to get one of those WR roster spots.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. Parker is a special talent. He is about as good as it gets with making contested catches. He has just struggled with staying healthy. He and Williams are similar in that way. The Fins need to make sure they have quality depth.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few players that I would be glad to see the Fins pick with their first pick. Sewell, Pitts, Smith, Chase or Waddle.

That said, there are questions that have to be answered with picking any of these guys early though. Is Sewell that much better than the other top OTs in the draft? He may be. Also, the Fins played two rookies at both tackle spots. Is the Sewell pick a luxury pick or a necessity? An elite Oline with depth is never a bad thing.

With Chase, can he create separation with his route running at the next level? Probably so.

Smith size question: Can he hold up with NFL hitters. Probably so.

Waddle has injury concerns but he could be the next Tyreek Hill.

Pitts will probably never be Gronk as a blocker however he will be dynamic and productive. He will be a matchup problem in the red zone. He scores lots of TDs. I think it would overwhelm defenses to have to cover him, Gesicki, Parker, Fuller and others.

The Fins have some great options at pick 3 or with a trade down. I wouldn't trade down too far though and miss one of the top talents.

RE pick 18. Harris is my top choice at RB. I don't think he makes it past the Steelers at 24. The question is how much do the Fins value Etienne and Williams compared to Harris.
What about a pass rushing OLB in Parsons? They lost KVN but still have VG. He can also cover and seems to be a need as well. He may not get past ten.

RB I think can wait until the second round as pass rush is more important need that D to be complete.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Parsons will be a top 15 pick. I would rather have a dynamic playmaker for the offense or Sewell in the top 10. If he slides to 18 the team could be very interested in drafting him. The Lions may pick him at 7. Parsons has character questions from his time at Penn State that teams have to factor in.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 picks in the top 50! Must really suck to be Houston about now.....
At least they still have a top QB. Wait! What?????

The Fins are in a great position with their draft picks.

The Texans need to rebuild and Watson's perversion cost them a ton of trade value. It would surprise me if he doesn't miss a number of games next year. Also, It's not a good PR look for his new team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would draft Pitts and move him to WR. He’s only 20.5 years old right now.

I watched film of Pitts coming off the line of scrimmage. He's got a great first step and he sets defenders up before he gets into his route. It's no wonder he's getting open and making plays. He looks like a top slot WR. He's unbelievable.

Last edited:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched film of Pitts coming off the line of scrimmage. He's got a great first step and he sets defenders up before he gets into his route. It's no wonder he's getting open and making plays. He looks like a top slot WR. He's unbelievable.
So now you have the 12th pick instead of 3. Who ya taking?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins are wheeling and dealing. They now have pick 6 and extra picks. I like the trades. They can still pick a top offensive talent from this draft.

Last edited:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA is the best approach at 12. Signing WR Fuller was huge because it gives the team more flexibility. I think it will be a playmaker on offense unless a defensive player like Parsons slides. Probably a top WR, OT, or if they think a pass rusher could be worth it.

I doubt Pitts lasts to 12, however, the Fins got a haul that includes 2 future first round picks. It's a good trade for both teams.
Looks like you have #6 now instead.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA is the best approach at 12. Signing WR Fuller was huge because it gives the team more flexibility. I think it will be a playmaker on offense unless a defensive player like Parsons slides. Probably a top WR, OT, or if they think a pass rusher could be worth it.

I doubt Pitts lasts to 12, however, the Fins got a haul that includes 2 future first round picks. It's a good trade for both teams.
I think the Bengals are going to take Pitts or Chase with the #5 pick. Not sure who the Falcons will take. Perhaps Sewell.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be foolish to not take Sewell. Burrow could have an Andrew Luck career if they aren't careful. If Sewell slides that could be the Fins choice. The Fins will have a great option either way with the talented receivers available.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be foolish to not take Sewell. Burrow could have an Andrew Luck career if they aren't careful. If Sewell slides that could be the Fins choice. The Fins will have a great option either way with the talented receivers available.
They are not going to take Sewell, I am almost guarantee you. The second they signed Rieff for RT that ended. They are going to use rounds 2 through 4 to target a OL or two, both of which I bet will be interior or capable of kicking inside.

It will be Pitts or Chase, I can almost guarantee you. They are going to work the OL, but they got their RT, they want Jonah Williams as their LT, Hopkins is a above average C, and the new positions of need is OG.

They just jettisoned Green at WR, and they spent a damn fortune in FA on defense and getting their RT. They are going playmaker for Burrow, and while I like to think it will be Pitts, I think they are going after Chase if he is there to reunite them. Burrow and Chase were unstoppable in college. The Dolphins just basically gave us Chase with that trade unless they trade up with the Falcons.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Chase for Burrow if your Oline is all set. I watch a lot of LSU football. Those guys were nearly unstoppable. That would make your QB very happy.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Chase for Burrow if your Oline is all set. I watch a lot of LSU football. Those guys were nearly unstoppable. That would make your QB very happy.
Plus, it may damn well give the Dolphins maybe still the top offensive threat in all of college football in Pitts. Burrow would indeed be happy, and the Dolphins grabbing Pitts would make them extremely happy with all the extra draft capital they attained.