• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins Draft Picks

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE Burrow: He should be sliding and throwing the ball away when he has to. I know that he's a tough guy but I want him to have a long career for your team.

On a different note: If Mixon could stay healthy that would help your offense a lot. Your team has some playmakers.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE Burrow: He should be sliding and throwing the ball away when he has to. I know that he's a tough guy but I want him to have a long career for your team.

On a different note: If Mixon could stay healthy that would help your offense a lot. Your team has some playmakers.
And the Dolphins are wheeling and dealing making them dangerous. Getting the players they need, lots of Cap room, and now stock piling future talent.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the Philly pick/trade.

Dolphins traded up to No. 6 with the Eagles -- who will receive the No. 12 overall pick, No. 123 overall pick (fourth-round pick) and a 2022 first-round pick. Miami will receive the No. 6 pick and the No. 156 overall pick (fifth round).

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins traded up to No. 6 with the Eagles -- who will receive the No. 12 overall pick, No. 123 overall pick (fourth-round pick) and a 2022 first-round pick. Miami will receive the No. 6 pick and the No. 156 overall pick (fifth round).

What's not to like about the trade? The team ended up 3 spots down after both trades and landed an extra 1st round pick and 3 rd pick. If the team stays at 12 many if not all of the Fins best choices are gone.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2021 Draft Picks updated on ESPN​

�������
RD(PK)PLAYERPOSSCHOOL
1(6)
1(18)
2(4)
2(18)
3(18)
5(12)
7(3)
7(31)

Two picks in the top 20 of this draft and two early picks in the 2nd round along with a 3rd, 5th and two 7th rounders. This has the makings of another good draft for the Fins! Great job Chris Grier & other FO staff! Let's go Fins!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t give a flying shit what kind of value people think if they get the same guy they wanted at 3 and gained cap space and draft picks why bitch? This was their best play all along. I honestly think its between Parsons and Pitts as those two positions aren’t making it to 12. At 18 they can still get a WR or whatever their hearts desire. They can even trade up now from 18 if they want to secure a 2nd favorite player in the first round.

I will have no trouble with any of this but I’m torn at who to take at 6 now. I don't mind Parsons as they need OLB help + pass rush and wouldn’t be upset with him if he helps make the D dominate. Pitts could make the O dominant and help Tua but they may still get to that with later picks. Tough call!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the dust has settled, excellent moves by Miami.
Really can't complain as they would have picked the same guy at 3 and now can do it at 6 with more assets. They could also trade back again and gain more picks if QB's slide. I think I want either Parsons or Pitts.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really can't complain as they would have picked the same guy at 3 and now can do it at 6 with more assets. They could also trade back again and gain more picks if QB's slide. I think I want either Parsons or Pitts.
If somehow Sewell makes it to 6, he'd be hard to pass up there as well.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and at first he was my pick at 3 but I think the oline is better than we think and they need playmakers after FA. Parsons or Pitts would be killer on either side of the ball.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's not to like about the trade? The team ended up 3 spots down after both trades and landed an extra 1st round pick and 3 rd pick. If the team stays at 12 many if not all of the Fins best choices are gone.
They must have a specific target at the 6 spot then. If that is the case OK with. The SF move was really good, so all in all good. Just thinking they could have stayed at 12 spot with more picks. Just hope they don't F it up.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must have a specific target at the 6 spot then. If that is the case OK with. The SF move was really good, so all in all good. Just thinking they could have stayed at 12 spot with more picks. Just hope they don't F it up.

There will be probably 3 QBs chosen at picks 1-3, Atlanta is a bit of a wildcard. They could pick Sewell to help shore up their oline or they could pick the best defensive player available LB Parsons or CB Surtain. There defense certainly needs an upgrade. They could also choose Ryan's replacement if they like a QB like Mac Jones for example or trade down.

The Bengals will probably pick Chase.

The Fins will definitely have some great options at pick 6.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There will be probably 3 QBs chosen at picks 1-3, Atlanta is a bit of a wildcard. They could pick Sewell to help shore up their oline or they could pick the best defensive player available LB Parsons or CB Surtain. There defense certainly needs an upgrade. They could also choose Ryan's replacement if they like a QB like Mac Jones for example or trade down.

The Bengals will probably pick Chase.

The Fins will definitely have some great options at pick 6.
Very likely they have more options at 6 than a "normal" year.
Very good job by Miami.
It remains to be seen if moving down 3 spots costs them a targeted player.
I suspect they did not want to use 3 on a QB and they will have their cake and eat it too!
I also applaud trading SF's late 1st round pick for Philly's early 1sr round pick.

Miami's perpetually mediocre front office has totally turned the team around.
They are scaring the beejebus out of the AFCE and the rest of the AFC ought to be worried.
I'm sure most teams are asking themselves, "why didn't we do that?"

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Sewell could play RT and protect Tua for years. Hunt could move to RG and the Fins would be deep and very talented on the oline. The Fins will need to develop a center for depth or the future still but they have a veteran starter.

If the Fins think the oline is good enough then they can add a dynamic playmaker. Pitts is my top choice. Chase would be great however I dont see the Bengals passing on him unless it's for Sewell.

If the Fins end up with D. Smith that would be great also. He's an absolute playmaker. I think he could be better at creating separation than Chase and that's saying alot. His size is a concern however there are lots of big defenders and hard hitters in the SEC and he handled a high volume without issues other than the thumb injury which had nothing to do with his weight.

Parsons will be a big impact player but the Fins have some depth at LB and I think they have to be able to score more to beat the Chiefs and Bills.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami didn't care which player they drafted at #3 between Sewell, Chase or Pitts...then trading down to 12 and then back to 6 made a ton of sense. They know Picks 1-3 are QB's. Worst case scenario, Atlanta takes one of those three, the Bengals take one and they are left with a guy they wanted anyway, but didn't have to make a real decision between two or 3 guys. They got the left over, spent less money on them from the new draft spot and picked up and extra 1st, 3rd, and improved an entire round in draft position later in the draft with the swap of picks. Miami absolutely nailed this if they truly don't care which of the 3 guys fall to them.

Best case scenario, Atlanta trades down or takes QB at 4, and now they still get to choose between 2 of the 3 after the Bengals. Probably Pitts and Sewell, but you never know.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, although I would add Devonta Smith to your list.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting A TE with the high 1st round or even the second 1st round pick doesn't make sense to me. I think there are more pressing needs other than a TE. I also noticed they signed Brissett when I was scanning their roster. Certainly not a #1 QB and Brown at RB, both decent back ups I believe, Brown may have good chance to push for starter position, depending on if they draft a RB.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine TE Darren Waller on the Fins roster. That's who Pitts will probably be like. Sometimes a top TE can be like having #1 WR on your roster. He will be too big and strong for CBs and too fast for LBs. Rowe had two bad games all year covering TEs. One of the games was against Waller. Both Waller and Smith have excellent releases coming off the line of scrimmage. The top CB from Bama couldn't cover him. He was consistently productive.

QB Brissett will be a solid backup. The Fins are giving Tua a vote of confidence. As a spot starter Brissett is capable if he is called upon.

RB Brown brings a more physical element to his runs compared to our current guys. Although our current RBs have all averaged over 4 yards a carry and are capable of finding the end zone. I am expecting the Fins to add one of the top RBs from this draft and it could take the RPO approach to another level.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that why they drafted Mike Gesicki??

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that why they drafted Mike Gesicki??
Imagine Geskicki and Pitts out there at the same time. This is the key very tough to match up to that. This is why the patsies signed two good TE's and the Fins could be even better.