• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins Draft Picks

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
psaboy,

What do you see as the team's most pressing needs?

2023 is when the Fins get extra 1st and 3rd round picks.
High caliber WR, all down RB and possibly Oline. For D, LB and rush end, I think they have good secondary base. Focus should be getting some offensive scoring power for 2021

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would benefit the Fins more picking a WR who creates separation and has reliable hands or an OT who has pro bowl potential?

I am fine with Pitts, Chase, Smith or Waddle ( in that order) at 6. That said, picking Sewell would give the team one of the best Olines in the NFL. When was the last time the Fins had a great Oline? Not a good but great Oline? If the Fins decide to pick Sewell then they could get a shifty and reliable WR at pick 18 if they think that's still a need or pass rusher or Harris. I am more than OK if the pick is Sewell. The Fins offense could have an identity of being physical and protecting their QB. In fact if they pick Sewell, why not get Harris at 18 and become a RPO team like Tennessee? I think a pick like Smith gives the team an identity of playmakers like the Chiefs but the team still has to protect the QB. The SB was proof of that.

Drafts are unpredictable and I don't think that the Fins trade from 3 to 6 unless they really like at least three of the options after the QBs come off the board 1-3.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that you can go wrong with adding an elite WR like Waddle, Smith etc. However, we saw a harassed QB in some games like Denver and against the Bills. A great Oline and a physical RB controls what the defense can do.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that you can go wrong with adding an elite WR like Waddle, Smith etc. However, we saw a harassed QB in some games like Denver and against the Bills. A great Oline and a physical RB controls what the defense can do.
We have young OLmen who’ll develop.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. Over half the oline were rookies last year. That said, Sewell is a special talent.
He seems like the real deal. If anybody should know it would be Flo.
If he does not take him at 6, probably sees something - RT or G only?????

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like the real deal. If anybody should know it would be Flo.
If he does not take him at 6, probably sees something - RT or G only?????
The Fins Oline is unique. The RT is as important as a LT because it protects Tua's blindside. My understanding is that Hunt graded well at RT during the last month of the season as a rookie. Is he a better guard or tackle?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a comparison between Waddle and Smith. It was interesting to see how good these guys are at getting open. Waddle is clever. He uses his blazing speed after he sets up a defender in his route. He is a natural playmaker. The Tyreek Hill comparisons are legit. I wonder if the team has been able to do a physical on him. If he's healthy he can be a gamechanger.

Smith has answers for different coverage approaches. He is not easy to jam at the line of scrimmage and he is an excellent route runner.

Both of these guys should be highly productive at the next level and both should be available at pick 6. It's also possible that either Pitts or Chase is available.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love to draft Chase or Pitts, then trade up from 18 for Waddle. We may fill one less hole through the draft, but defenses will constantly be on their heels.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d love to draft Chase or Pitts, then trade up from 18 for Waddle. We may fill one less hole through the draft, but defenses will constantly be on their heels.

I think one elite WR added with pick # 6 with the current roster is enough since the team has other needs. Defenses will already be on their heels. The Fuller addition was a gamechanger plus the Fins are likely to improve the running game.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one elite WR added with pick # 6 with the current roster is enough since the team has other needs. Defenses will already be on their heels. The Fuller addition was a gamechanger plus the Fins are likely to improve the running game.
Our WRs can’t stay healthy. I’m assuming 1-2 are going to get hurt.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins had two guys that opted out last year and a few guys that are converting to WR and are in the process of developing. Also, Williams could be a solid backup when he's healthy. If the Fins pick a WR at #6 or with a slight trade down to 7 or 8 I don't think it's a pressing need. Fuller was a huge addition to the unit already this offseason.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins had two guys that opted out last year and a few guys that are converting to WR and are in the process of developing. Also, Williams could be a solid backup when he's healthy. If the Fins pick a WR at #6 or with a slight trade down to 7 or 8 I don't think it's a pressing need. Fuller was a huge addition to the unit already this offseason.
Keep Parker, Bowden, and maybe Perry from last year’s team. Everyone else can go.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s coming down to Pitts or Parsons seeing this more and more often. Here’s the thing if both are sitting at 6 Pitts won’t last long but Parsons may slide a little bit longer although who knows what Detroit may do. Do you risk trading back if Parsons is your guy especially with the need at LB? Probably not it would be ballsy to move back again.

You could also argue that Pitts is a one of a kind special talent. LB can still be had at 18 I’ve seen a lot of love for Collins. Pitts will also help Tua so I’m a little torn between the two. My gut tells me Parsons but it sure would be easier if Pitts was already gone. The other WR's are great but you can find good ones later in the draft and every year they keep coming. Those two guys hard to find and will help the Fins in a lot more ways.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see the draft unfold. All we know so far is 3 QBs are being drafted first.

If I am Atlanta I either pick a QB to develop if there is one that is at 4 that I like or I trade down and add picks to build their defense. Their defense is what has cost them games. They can't hold leads. A top WR or TE Pitts will not help their defense. A trade down if they want to put off their next QB and picking LB Parsons could be a start.

If I am the Bengals I would pick Sewell. Burrow was sacked 11 times in two divisional games: Steelers and Ravens. Chase is elite but that team has had good WRs and lost in the past. They added a 32 year old OT with 9 years in the league. I don't think they have done enough to protect Burrow. Waiting until the 2nd round for a high level OT seems risky to me.

Both of these teams could pick pass catchers in the top 5 though. If so the Fins will have some good options. FlyerFinFan, I can understand your interest in LB Parsons. The Fins have to deal with great offenses to advance in the playoffs. The Bucs have great LBs and that made a big difference for them last year. I doubt that the Fins pick Parsons but I think he would be a solid choice.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see the draft unfold. All we know so far is 3 QBs are being drafted first.

If I am Atlanta I either pick a QB to develop if there is one that is at 4 that I like or I trade down and add picks to build their defense. Their defense is what has cost them games. They can't hold leads. A top WR or TE Pitts will not help their defense. A trade down if they want to put off their next QB and picking LB Parsons could be a start.

If I am the Bengals I would pick Sewell. Burrow was sacked 11 times in two divisional games: Steelers and Ravens. Chase is elite but that team has had good WRs and lost in the past. They added a 32 year old OT with 9 years in the league. I don't think they have done enough to protect Burrow. Waiting until the 2nd round for a high level OT seems risky to me.

Both of these teams could pick pass catchers in the top 5 though. If so the Fins will have some good options. FlyerFinFan, I can understand your interest in LB Parsons. The Fins have to deal with great offenses to advance in the playoffs. The Bucs have great LBs and that made a big difference for them last year. I doubt that the Fins pick Parsons but I think he would be a solid choice.
I can see it because Flo is a defensive coach if he feels that Parsons is that missing piece they may go that route. They can go many ways which is a bonus as it will allow them to pick the best player that falls to them. They may even go Slater as he's able to play any position on the oline. That holds value with this regime.

Check out the WR bust rate...may scare a few people off those WR's. I still don't mind Pitts because he can play inside or out. He will find a way to be successful.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it because Flo is a defensive coach if he feels that Parsons is that missing piece they may go that route. They can go many ways which is a bonus as it will allow them to pick the best player that falls to them.

It would be a lot more likely that the Fins would pick Parsons if they had an established offense already. Instead they have a QB that played half a season and they probably want to help him prove himself. That said, they gave him WR Fuller already. If they pick Parsons then they should pick RB Harris at 18. That's who Tua said he hopes they pick. It would vastly improve the RPO option.

The Pats picked a LB in the top 10 in their history. They chose LB Jerod Mayo. He had a very accomplished career for them.

LB White stood out last year for the Bucs championship defense. White was picked 5th in his draft.

I have no problem with Parsons at 6 if the Fins add another playmaker on offense at some point in the draft.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitts would be my pick at 6 if he's available, if not, there will be lots of great options for the Fins.