• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins Draft Picks

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a trade down, I would. We could also auction off the #6 pick for multiple high picks and fill holes and upgrade at many places.
I think they have a short list of players. If gone at six or if they receive a ridiculous offer they'll trade back again. Most likely for more than what they paid to move up to 6 from 12. Personally I'd like Pitts, Parsons or Chase in that order. Not against Smith I guess as its been overblown... he may end up being one of the best. Sewell wouldn't be horrible but I think their oline will already be much improved. They can also get one later if needed.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking Devonta Smith is being overlooked because of his weight. He was extremely productive in the SEC. I think he would compliment the Fins existing talent and be just the playmaker the team needs. I would pick Pitts over him however Smith is a real talent. If Smith is picked by the Fins they should still spread the ball around since the Fins have other playmakers and it could keep the guys healthy.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a rumor that the Bears want to trade to 6 to get a franchise QB. If I am the Fins I give that strong consideration. The Fins could receive an absolute haul of picks. With pick 20 the Fins could get a WR like Bateman or Toney or a defensive talent. The Fins could still pick RB Harris at 18 in the first round.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a rumor that the Bears want to trade to 6 to get a franchise QB. If I am the Fins I give that strong consideration. The Fins could receive an absolute haul of picks. With pick 20 the Fins could get a WR like Bateman or Toney or a defensive talent. The Fins could still pick RB Harris at 18 in the first round.
It's a good year to be a Dolphins GM.....

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a minimum, the 20th pick and their 52nd pick this year and 2022 1st round pick and 2nd round pick

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bears 2021 Draft Picks​

Round 1: No. 20 overall
Round 2: No. 52
Round 3: No. 83
Round 5: No. 164
Round 6: Nos. 204, 208 (from Seahawks through Dolphins), 221, 228

I would rather trade with a team in the top 10, therefore, I am thinking there first 3 picks this draft and a first next year. That's probably a bit high however, their picks aren't early the rounds picks and the Fins will get other and probably better offers.

The #6 pick is 1600, The 20 is 850, 52 pick is 380, 83rd pick is 175. They are still short at 1405 points. Who knows when they will be drafting next year.

For the Bears they could end up with a great young QB. That is invaluable for an NFL franchise. I am thinking Lance could be there at pick 6. The dude reminds me of Josh Allen.

A trade down with them only makes sense if there is a very impactful player available at 20. We know that the top 10 is full of impact players.

Last edited:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bears 2021 Draft Picks​

Round 1: No. 20 overall
Round 2: No. 52
Round 3: No. 83
Round 5: No. 164
Round 6: Nos. 204, 208 (from Seahawks through Dolphins), 221, 228

I would rather trade with a team in the top 10, therefore, I am thinking there first 3 picks this draft and a first next year. That's probably a bit high however, their picks aren't early the rounds picks and the Fins will get other and probably better offers.

The #6 pick is 1600, The 20 is 850, 52 pick is 380, 83rd pick is 175. They are still short at 1405 points. Who knows when they will be drafting next year.

For the Bears they could end up with a great young QB. That is invaluable for an NFL franchise. I am thinking Lance could be there at pick 6. The dude reminds me of Josh Allen.

A trade down with them only makes sense if there is a very impactful player available at 20. We know that the top 10 is full of impact players.
Yeah, the big gamble would be if the Bears are or are not any good next year. I'm leaning they will be in the middle, 6-10 to 8-8 so that would put next years 1st rounded anywhere from 10 to 18 maybe???

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the big gamble would be if the Bears are or are not any good next year. I'm leaning they will be in the middle, 6-10 to 8-8 so that would put next years 1st rounded anywhere from 10 to 18 maybe???
In thinking about it the Fins received more from the 49ers to trade down 3 to 12. They landed 3 first round picks. The Fins would probably expect two future first rounders and other picks combined with pick 20 and other draft picks this year from the Bears to trade down that far.

I would be reluctant to trade out of the top 10 because the Fins would risk missing out on a top pass catcher.

I think the best strategy for this draft could be to add elite talent this draft rather than more future picks because the Fins already have extra picks for future years. The Fins are a borderline playoff team. With a few difference makers the Fins can take another step toward winning the AFC East.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In thinking about it the Fins received more from the 49ers to trade down 3 to 12. They landed 3 first round picks. The Fins would probably expect two future first rounders and other picks combined with pick 20 and other draft picks this year from the Bears to trade down that far.

I would be reluctant to trade out of the top 10 because the Fins would risk missing out on a top pass catcher.

I think the best strategy for this draft could be to add elite talent this draft rather than more future picks because the Fins already have extra picks for future years. The Fins are a borderline playoff team. With a few difference makers the Fins can take another step toward winning the AFC East.
If your team gets solid enough, there comes a point where more picks are just more roster cuts.
However, they can be traded in futre drafts where needs pop up in even good teams......

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, need to add talent, keep picks they have unless Bears or anyone else offers a ridiculous/un-refuse able offer.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, need to add talent, keep picks they have unless Bears or anyone else offers a ridiculous/un-refuse able offer.
Ya tough call but they could use some picks to then move up from 18 to snag someone like Parsons, Smith or Waddle who could be sliding. Net result could be unbelievable and they still end up with a star player that they may have took at 6. Really depends if Pitts or Chase are gone by 6 and they aren't that high on anyone else.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a mock draft simulator (PFN). It gives you an idea of how much the Fins have to work with. Feel free to also share your thoughts or results.

I didn't accept or ask for trades although it's highly likely the Fins will on draft day.

• 6. Pitts was gone. I chose Chase but Smith or Waddle could have worked.
    Ja'Marr Chase
    WR LSU

• MIA

Najee Harris I chose Harris because I see him as a gamechanger. He's a complete RB.
    RB Alabama

• MIA

Jaelan Phillips Rousseau was taken two picks before. I usually pick production over potential. This might be my riskiest
    EDGE Miami (FL) pick because of his concussion history. I think Flores could use his skills well to generate a pass rush.

• MIA

50. This was a tough decision because Dickerson was still available. Meinerz would be another big physical
    Quinn Meinerz olineman who could create running lanes.
    OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

• MIA

81. This is a depth pick. He's got upside as a 3 down player.
    Pete Werner
    LB Ohio State

With the last 3 picks I went with BPA at DT ( NT) could be best to give the team versatility with stopping the run, BPA at Safety and CB for depth and for special teams.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. J. Chase
18. K Paye
36. J. Williams
50. Q. Meinerz
81. J. Holland

when I don’t trade down for 3 picks with the Titans.

when I do trade back, it’s
18. K. Paye
22. J. Davis
36. J. Williams
50. Q. Meinerz
53. R. Moore
81. D. Moses
85. J. Carman

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitts was available in the first simulated draft that I did. In that one I went defense also at 18. I also landed Williams at 36. It seems risky to wait though for a RB because I think there is a big drop in talent after Harris, Etienne and Williams.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a mock draft simulator (PFN). It gives you an idea of how much the Fins have to work with. Feel free to also share your thoughts or results.

I didn't accept or ask for trades although it's highly likely the Fins will on draft day.

• 6. Pitts was gone. I chose Chase but Smith or Waddle could have worked.
    Ja'Marr Chase
    WR LSU

• MIA

Najee Harris I chose Harris because I see him as a gamechanger. He's a complete RB.
    RB Alabama

• MIA

Jaelan Phillips Rousseau was taken two picks before. I usually pick production over potential. This might be my riskiest
    EDGE Miami (FL) pick because of his concussion history. I think Flores could use his skills well to generate a pass rush.

• MIA

50. This was a tough decision because Dickerson was still available. Meinerz would be another big physical
    Quinn Meinerz olineman who could create running lanes.
    OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

• MIA

81. This is a depth pick. He's got upside as a 3 down player.
    Pete Werner
    LB Ohio State

With the last 3 picks I went with BPA at DT ( NT) could be best to give the team versatility with stopping the run, BPA at Safety and CB for depth and for special teams.
I would not be upset with this result. I may trade back at 18 unless you really love Harris. I think you can still end up with a good RB and get some picks possibly getting your RB in RD 2.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. J. Chase
18. K Paye
36. J. Williams
50. Q. Meinerz
81. J. Holland

when I don’t trade down for 3 picks with the Titans.

when I do trade back, it’s
18. K. Paye
22. J. Davis
36. J. Williams
50. Q. Meinerz
53. R. Moore
81. D. Moses
85. J. Carman
I think I like the first scenario but second isn't bad either. I just like the idea of hitting a star with the first pick a difference maker.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitts was available in the first simulated draft that I did. In that one I went defense also at 18. I also landed Williams at 36. It seems risky to wait though for a RB because I think there is a big drop in talent after Harris, Etienne and Williams.
I think Pitts is 50/50 as Cinci could also take him if Atl goes QB or trades back. I hear you at RB but if you trade back at 18 a bit you could either take a RB there or go pass rusher/LB and trade up from 36 to get your RB with the extra pick. Basically you end up with everything you want/need.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pitts is 50/50 as Cinci could also take him if Atl goes QB or trades back. I hear you at RB but if you trade back at 18 a bit you could either take a RB there or go pass rusher/LB and trade up from 36 to get your RB with the extra pick. Basically you end up with everything you want/need.

The Fins may trade back from 18 and still pick a top RB. Another scenario could happen if a player that's high on their draft board slides. They could change their pick from RB to another position.