• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins Draft Picks

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it because Flo is a defensive coach if he feels that Parsons is that missing piece they may go that route. They can go many ways which is a bonus as it will allow them to pick the best player that falls to them. They may even go Slater as he's able to play any position on the oline. That holds value with this regime.

Check out the WR bust rate...may scare a few people off those WR's. I still don't mind Pitts because he can play inside or out. He will find a way to be successful.

Watching tape on this crop of 1st round WR's is not what it seems. Highlight films are almost all busted defensive plays.
This years crop lacks speed. They may all have trouble with separation.
I see more value in 2nd or 3rd day players.

Or you can do like Pats and draft an N'keal Harry type player.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching tape on this crop of 1st round WR's is not what it seems. Highlight films are almost all busted defensive plays.
This years crop lacks speed. They may all have trouble with separation.
I see more value in 2nd or 3rd day players.

Or you can do like Pats and draft an N'keal Harry type player.....

The top WRs in this draft were prolific producers who are able to create separation. N'keal on the other hand is just further proof the Pats can't draft a top WR.

I think this could be one of the better WR drafts. There are a few ways to create separation.

Last edited:

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its looking like ATL might trade back which could mean 4 QBs taken. Which leaves CIN picking between Sewall, Pitts and Chase. Burrow would love to get Chase, but he could really use Sewall. I see the Front Office going Sewall to protect their investment. That would leave Chase or Pitts for Miami. Im great with Pitts. I have seen some drafts where Smith falls all the way to the 20s. That means Miami might have a shot to grab him at 18. That would be huge.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top WRs in this draft were prolific producers who are able to create separation. N'keal on the other hand is just further proof the Pats can't draft a top WR.

I think this could be one of the better WR drafts. There are a few ways to create separation.
A few at the top look very good. Beyond that I see better value later in the draft.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUOTE="avalon2423, post: 15733974, member: 4080"]
Its looking like ATL might trade back which could mean 4 QBs taken. Which leaves CIN picking between Sewall, Pitts and Chase. Burrow would love to get Chase, but he could really use Sewall. I see the Front Office going Sewall to protect their investment. That would leave Chase or Pitts for Miami. Im great with Pitts. I have seen some drafts where Smith falls all the way to the 20s. That means Miami might have a shot to grab him at 18. That would be huge.
[/QUOTE]

I can see 4 QBs taken 1 to 4. These guys are all talented. The Bengals will probably pick Sewell unless they really like their backup QB because there is a good chance he will get hurt again.

I doubt Smith slides to 18. He's way too talented for that.[/QUOTE]

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point they can go in a few different directions and still have success. I think it's between Pitts and Parsons at 6 maybe Sewell if they want a dominant oline as it will make every other position better. Whatever position they take at 6 they'll probably go the other way at 18 although wouldn't shock me if they double down either. WR is deep we must remember that and RB can be had in the 2nd or 3rd rd. I do like Pitts because he's unique and would help Tua in many ways but the other WR's I think they can wait and pick someone later for value. Chase may be an exception as he's considered the best of the group but I still probably go Parsons.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUOTE="avalon2423, post: 15733974, member: 4080"]

I can see 4 QBs taken 1 to 4. These guys are all talented. The Bengals will probably pick Sewell unless they really like their backup QB because there is a good chance he will get hurt again.

I doubt Smith slides to 18. He's way too talented for that.[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
This is probably what happens if Atl trades back makes sense to me. Either way the Fins will have options which is great!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to trust the team as we don’t know how the oline is shaping up and if they feel that they need a top ten pick to solidify it. Most fans seem to want to give last years group a chance to grow. If anything pick someone later on.

If they go WR/TE or Parsons then it means they like the oline which is good news. I view it as Pitts/Chase/Parsons in this scenario and one should be there but trading back is risky according to the mocks. Last one I saw had Parsons going to Detroit with Pitts/Chase picked at 5/6. I think they are positioned right in the sweet spot they will get one for sure or oline if they feel that they have no choice.

18 is a complete wildcard they can go in multiple directions and could trade up or down if they want. This will be a blast!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to trust the team as we don’t know how the oline is shaping up and if they feel that they need a top ten pick to solidify it. Most fans seem to want to give last years group a chance to grow. If anything pick someone later on.

If they go WR/TE or Parsons then it means they like the oline which is good news. I view it as Pitts/Chase/Parsons in this scenario and one should be there but trading back is risky according to the mocks. Last one I saw had Parsons going to Detroit with Pitts/Chase picked at 5/6. I think they are positioned right in the sweet spot they will get one for sure or oline if they feel that they have no choice.

18 is a complete wildcard they can go in multiple directions and could trade up or down if they want. This will be a blast!
I expect improvement from the rookies that are on the oline.
Center Skura has a chance to prove that he can be a part of the team's future. That said, it's likely that the team will draft a center to develop.

The Fins know that they will have a chance to draft the best of any of a few positions at 6. They could get the top TE, OT, LB, or WR (or the 2nd WR drafted if they choose)

18 is up in the air. I would tend to pick RB Harris at 18 unless there is an absolute sliding star. That way the Fins are sure to not miss out on one of the top 3 RBs.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect improvement from the rookies that are on the oline.
Center Skura has a chance to prove that he can be a part of the team's future. That said, it's likely that the team will draft a center to develop.

The Fins know that they will have a chance to draft the best of any of a few positions at 6. They could get the top TE, OT, LB, or WR (or the 2nd WR drafted if they choose)

18 is up in the air. I would tend to pick RB Harris at 18 unless there is an absolute sliding star. That way the Fins are sure to not miss out on one of the top 3 RBs.
I think they can trade back at 18 and still end up with a solid RB or edge or LB. Seems to be a lot of similar players especially on D. If they do grab someone at 18 its because they love him.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably make the picks at 6 and 18. The Fins have already gained future assets from this draft. They should pick players that they really want rather than chancing it and missing out on a talented player.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably make the picks at 6 and 18. The Fins have already gained future assets from this draft. They should pick players that they really want rather than chancing it and missing out on a talented player.
It all comes down to who is available and if other teams see more value in those available.

Typically, the cut-off for impact players is about 15th pick (on avarage)
This year so many teams ahead of your #18 are addressing serious needs, the #18 should have some seriously good options available.......

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to who is available and if other teams see more value in those available.

Typically, the cut-off for impact players is about 15th pick (on avarage)
This year so many teams ahead of your #18 are addressing serious needs, the #18 should have some seriously good options available.......
Yes agreed and I'm not talking about moving out of the first round just 4-5 picks anticipating that the same player or close will still be there anyway. You can never have enough draft ammo even if they take something next year.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Atlanta does the wise thing and trades out of 4 then the Fins should stay at 6. If Atlanta chooses a player and Cincinnati stays at 5 then the Fins are in position to get another draft haul for a team trading for a QB. That could be in the best interest of the Fins to trade down from 6.

At 18 there should be a sliding talent at a position of need that's why I think they will stay in that spot. That said, I trust Grier and other decision makers if they decide to make a trade from that spot.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Objectively if you are the Falcons would you pass on a QB as talented as Fields at pick 4? The hardest position to pick is QB. Look at how many franchises have struggled for years trying to get the right signal caller. Who knows when they will be picking top 5 again. Lance could use some more time to develop if he's at 5, however, they don't have to rush with Ryan on the roster. The other 4 top QB's look like franchise QBs sooner rather than later.

I am thinking Pitts will be there at 6. At 5 I can't see the Bengals not picking an Olineman unless it's WR Chase.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a big decision and a good opportunity for their team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins need to be ready for any scenario at pick 6. I don't think it happens this way but if Pitts and Chase are gone would you pick Smith or Waddle? Either of these guys could be just what Tua and the offense needs if they decide to pass on Sewell for a playmaker.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins need to be ready for any scenario at pick 6. I don't think it happens this way but if Pitts and Chase are gone would you pick Smith or Waddle
After a trade down, I would. We could also auction off the #6 pick for multiple high picks and fill holes and upgrade at many places.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a trade down, I would. We could also auction off the #6 pick for multiple high picks and fill holes and upgrade at many places.
To be honest, that makes the most sense for me.
We are just never going to know until draft day. It never goes the way the reports suggest.....