• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Oregon need to dominate UCLA like FSU did Clemson?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus LawDawg, I have heard the same thing in the ACC. How does the "2nd best ACC team" lose at home by that much.
That was a beatdown for sure. My kids love FSU - we have a cousins that went/go there - so they were having fun.

It seems to me that, as happens every year, there has been a separation at the top. Bama, FSU, and Oregon seem to be well ahead of everyone else. I am not going to put Baylor in that category until they beat someone with a pulse.

Then there are a lot of teams that could beat each other on any given Saturday at 5-15. Then a whole lot of inconsistency from 16-35. But, many teams are getting into the heart of their IC schedules, so we will see some upsets for sure.

From now until the CG games, we should have some fun, that's for sure. You guys are in the 4 game stretch that will show how good you guys are. Beating the Washingtons is a good start, but you have a tough stretch of games coming up. Good luck to you.

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To jump FSU this week?

Put at least 50 on the board, and hold UCLA under 14.

Stanford held UCLA to 10.

Holding the Bruins to a total of 10 points only reflects a part of that game.The Bruins entered that game averaging 45.8 points per game. That ranked second in the Pac-12 behind Oregon. Hundley was not his usual reliable self and threw two interceptions. I expect Mora to have the boys motivated to play the Ducks and it looks like a barn burner in the making. There is always the chance that the weather & miscues could make this a closer game ( especially if Oregon is looking ahead to their next opponent Stanford ).

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon won't be looking ahead. they know they have a bye next week so they know they already have extra time to look at Stanford. They also know UCLA is a quality opponent and wont over look them. if anything they got a little caught looking at UCLA a week early and that wont happen again.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has 3-
6-1 teams, all of the Ducks remaining schedule has a winning record.

The thing is that all those 6-1 teams sort of feast on each other.

Suppose Oregon beats them all.
Now Stanford, Oregon State, and UCLA are all 2 loss teams.

UCLA still plays both Arizona schools and USC to figure out the south winner.
The best case scenario for Oregon would be a UCLA sweep.
But then if Oregon beats then again, UCLA is 3 loss team.
If anyone beats UCLA before the title game, Oregon is stuck hanging a 4th loss on the winner.

Oregon State plays Stanford.
One of them gets their 3rd loss (if OU hangs #2 on both).

So, if everything breaks humanly possible.....

The best mathematical win for Oregon will be a 2 loss team. (OSU/Stan winner)

FSU can mathematically have a win over a 1 loss team (Clemson) and a 2 loss team (Miami).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon doesnt even play USC or ASU

I think he was referring to teams left on USC's schedule that have played or will be playing Oregon.

For example: UCLA has already lost to Stanford, it they lose to Oregon, they are a 2 loss team and if they lose to USC, suddenly they are a 3 loss team and it hurts Oregon's SOS.

This would be a similar scenario to what happened to USC in 2003. The differential between USC and LSU(?) was very slim. So slim that Notre Dame losing it's final game of the season dropped USC's SOS just enough to drop us to 3rd in the BCS standings and kept us out of the game.

End result, USC remains the only team to be ranked #1 in both human polls and not make the NCG!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that ... I am fairly confident that last year the spread was about 10 points between UGa and Bama. I can't recall and SEC CG where you had a 24 point spread. We might see that this year ... Missouri is likely to win the SECE, but they are going to have a few losses with 5 games to go. And even if USCe, UGa or UF can pull it off, they will be serious underdogs to Bama.

Even if Mizzou wins out, they are 17 point dogs.

A little bit off subject but wouldn't it be ironic if Mizzou wins out and goes to the NC game over the Nuts after being rejected by the B1G?

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oregon doesn't get to pay in the national championship this year it would be a shame. They were the second best team last year and they are still the second best team this year. I feel bad for Oregon fans.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to me that missouri would likely jump ohio state if they win out and win the SECCG, whether it was against an undefeated alabama or 1 loss auburn.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because its Clemson and they "Clemson-ed" themselves.

FSU had nothing to do with it huh? The fact that the FSU defense closed down their 2 beat receivers meant nothing. Clemsoning was not this game. That comes against an opponent that there is absolutely no possibility of them losing to before they play.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU had nothing to do with it huh? The fact that the FSU defense closed down their 2 beat receivers meant nothing. Clemsoning was not this game. That comes against an opponent that there is absolutely no possibility of them losing to before they play.

like FSU does to NC State?

Well, that aint happening this year. Winston is a different cat.

Leadership is off the charts with that guy.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is ridiculous we have to have this conversation.

Anyone who plays in a big boy conference and goes unbeaten should get a shot.

Eyeball tests and voters to determine who is the best.

Hopefully it all takes care of itself and we only have two unbeatens.

Otherwise its a shit storm.

Ya, on paper Bama, Oregon, ans FSU appear to be the best 3. But who is to say an Ohio State or Baylor couldnt beat one of them. Never would know as the game wasnt played.

Ask 02 Miami

If McGahee didn't get hurt and Terry Porter didn't suck dick for quarters... Miami would have won that game

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like FSU does to NC State?

Well, that aint happening this year. Winston is a different cat.

Leadership is off the charts with that guy.

Yes like BC State has done to FSU 6 times on the last 20 years.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish we had the play off starting this year, I would make for some great games.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean FSU is 6-6 vs NC State in last 12 meetings?

or 3-4 vs NC State over last 7

Yes let's look at the last 12 years for FSU.

record of 105-52(Including 3 7-6 seasons). The 12 years before that since that is the criteria you decided to use. 130-17.

In that 12 year span you used is when we had 7 straight years of shitty ass offenses thanks to Jeff Bowden. 2000 was the last year for Mark Richt the offensive genius OC at FSU. Then Bobby hired his son who fucking SUCKED!!! Then we also had Chuck Amato a LONG TIME FSU LB coach who left and became the HC at NC State. He knew everything about them and Jeff Bowden changed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Not sure what your point is. Even in the 7 yr span you used that included those 3 7-6 seasons where we were getting beat by anyone. Thank god we still never lost to Duke during that time span.

FSU was not FSU from 2001-2009. Anyone who has watched CFB knows this. Hence the reason people stating that this years team is like the FSU teams of old. Complete team not one thing is great and the other sucks like 2001-2009. All of that wasted talent on offense thanks to Jeff Bowden. Top QBs, Top RBs, Top WRs, all came to FSU and went POOF!! Disappeared to his inept playcalling and coaching. Too bad Bobby would not fire his son until pressured by the administration and boosters.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is that all those 6-1 teams sort of feast on each other.

Suppose Oregon beats them all.
Now Stanford, Oregon State, and UCLA are all 2 loss teams.

UCLA still plays both Arizona schools and USC to figure out the south winner.
The best case scenario for Oregon would be a UCLA sweep.
But then if Oregon beats then again, UCLA is 3 loss team.
If anyone beats UCLA before the title game, Oregon is stuck hanging a 4th loss on the winner.

Oregon State plays Stanford.
One of them gets their 3rd loss (if OU hangs #2 on both).

So, if everything breaks humanly possible.....

The best mathematical win for Oregon will be a 2 loss team. (OSU/Stan winner)

FSU can mathematically have a win over a 1 loss team (Clemson) and a 2 loss team (Miami).

Actually, if you throw in Va Tech and they beat Miami, FSU could have a win over a 1 loss Clemson, 2 loss Miami, and a 2 loss Va Tech.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if you throw in Va Tech and they beat Miami, FSU could have a win over a 1 loss Clemson, 2 loss Miami, and a 2 loss Va Tech.

and 2 loss VaTech would only have losses to #1 and #2...(or #3)

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon needs to win by like 13-17, otherwise it's just gonna be a while lot of talk about how crappy UCLA and the PAC are and that oregon is yet to get an actual good win.