• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Oregon need to dominate UCLA like FSU did Clemson?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now Miami is a top 10 team. If Miami stays that way and FSU pummels them, IMO, Oregon does not pass them. Also, FSU will be playing Miami twice and two wins over the same top 10 team is a good thing for FSU. It's a shame, because Oregon deserves to be in the NC game as does Ohio State, FSU, and Alabama. Of course we are assuming that all 4 teams win out. Still have to play the games and from a statistical point of view, at least one of them will be upset. Look at the recent upset victims: Michigan, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina. Who picked any of those?

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oregon could win by 1 point and they would likely jump them. but florida state could jump them right back if they pummel miami and virginia tech down the line. oregon will get a nudge in the computers regardless of margin of victory. what they have to worry about is florida state being dominant and making up significant ground in the polls.

FSU won't play VTech unless it's in the ACCCG.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter now? Would it look better to do so? Yes, but all they have to worry about is winning every game just like FSU. Worry about the conference first and then the NCG.

Although it would be very nice to see FSU in the first and last BCS NCG. I am worried about winning the conference first and going undefeated in the regular season. Everything after that is gravy.

pretty much this.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say that FSU has had a tougher schedule so far giving these numbers

FSU opponents are 27-13
Oregon opponents are 22-27

We have the number 5 ranked (Oregon is 2) offense and the number 6 ranked (Oregon is 42) defense. We also have a 40.9 point (Oregon has a 40.2) margin of victory.

It's all laid out in this article right here. It even makes a case to be number 1 given the numbers.

That will be significantly different come seasons end.

Oregon has 3- 6-1 teams, all of the Ducks remaining schedule has a winning record.

Florida will be a 5 or 6 loss team , Miami is the only decent team left on the FSU schedule.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if Oregon does pass FSU this week it is likely only for the week. oregon has next week off while FSU plays Miami so FSu would likely jump over and idle Oregon again. then oregon plays stanford so oregon would likely jump FSU who plays Wake Forest that week.
After that Syracuse Idaho and Florida does not stack up Utah, Arizona and Oregon State.

So you think Utah, Arizona and Oregon State is an impressive schedule in anybody's mind?

Yeah, Oregon has tougher schedule. No reason FSU passes Oregon if we don't lose. After Miami, FAU plays absolutely nobody (this includes Florida).

If UCLA is close and FSU dominates Miami, it's Oregon in the rear view mirror ever after. First lets see if UO gets by UCLA and Stanford. Oregon has not yet played a team that could beat them.

Maybe the espn BCS selection show talking heads were just placating to the masses, but they sure jumped on FSU's cock the other night. Went out of their way to defend the results and imply FSU would be a better game vs Bama.

East is East and West is West.

How great would this playoff be....

#1 Alabama vs #4 Ohio st.

#2 FSU vs #3 Oregon

Think of what a BAMA V. FSU NCG would be. Could set a new record in revenue. But I'm sure that won't sway anybody. lol.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With full disclosure being that it is way too early........

Oregon cannot just assume it will have a bunch of great wins latel.

The problem with Oregon is that all their quality opponents are still going to be playing each other.
Mathematically is becomes a very troublesome scenario for Oregon.
It is unlikely that any PAC-12 team finishes with less than 3 losses.
If USC mucks things up, they might all have 4 losses.

And if Oregon beats them badly, it might break so that hardly any PAC-12 teams finish ranked.

Clemson on the other hand can win out and finish as an 11-1 top 10 team.

NOTRE DAME also becomes the biggest pain in the ass for Oregon.
With wins versus USC, Arizona State, and (maybe) Stanford, that would kill the UO schedule strength.

Oregon doesnt even play USC or ASU

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are asking Oregon UCLA line it is Oregon -24
Mamba ... what does it say about Oregon or UCLA or the PAC, when the top team in the North plays the top team in the South and the spread is 3 and a half touchdowns? You know I've become a PAC fan to a certain level ... I've watched quite a few of their games. But that is a huge spread and I am not sure how to read it.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is such a desire to see Oregon play Alabama because of the style contrasts that the human polls will keep Oregon #2 regardless of how they look on the field as long as they win out. The computer ratings are pretty much meaningless unless we end up with a bunch of 1-loss teams.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba ... what does it say about Oregon or UCLA or the PAC, when the top team in the North plays the top team in the South and the spread is 3 and a half touchdowns? You know I've become a PAC fan to a certain level ... I've watched quite a few of their games. But that is a huge spread and I am not sure how to read it.

What do you think the 'Bama-MIZZOU spread will be?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read it this way. No matter the opponent Vegas cant get lines high enough for Oregon. They have covered in all games except last week. Where WSU scored a couple TDs against Oregon's scout team. The whole Aliotti gate thing.

I think when they were up on Tennessee 59-7 in 2 and a half quarters, then we see that Vol team go toe to toe with South Carolina, Florida, and UGA, it got Vegas' attention.

Plus, it is so hard to go from Stanford to Oregon with a weeks preparation.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus LawDawg, I have heard the same thing in the ACC. How does the "2nd best ACC team" lose at home by that much.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Utah, Arizona and Oregon State is an impressive schedule in anybody's mind?

compared to Syracuse, Idaho and florida this year, the people that need to know will knnow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus LawDawg, I have heard the same thing in the ACC. How does the "2nd best ACC team" lose at home by that much.
Because its Clemson and they "Clemson-ed" themselves.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon deserves it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than Florida State.. FSU beat a mediocre ACC team in Clemson

almost as cool for them as when Nebraska nearly shutout Purdue

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread should be interesting if all teams do win out...

I'm not as confident as some that Oregon will be #2 in the last poll as some are here if both FSU and Oregon win out... East Coast Bias is a legitimate concern for the Ducks as is Disney's slurping of Winston and the Noles...

That said, lots of football left, and all three teams (FSU/Bama/Oregon) have shown they can be beaten in unexpected fashion (last season)...

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that ... I am fairly confident that last year the spread was about 10 points between UGa and Bama. I can't recall and SEC CG where you had a 24 point spread. We might see that this year ... Missouri is likely to win the SECE, but they are going to have a few losses with 5 games to go. And even if USCe, UGa or UF can pull it off, they will be serious underdogs to Bama.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that ... I am fairly confident that last year the spread was about 10 points between UGa and Bama. I can't recall and SEC CG where you had a 24 point spread. We might see that this year ... Missouri is likely to win the SECE, but they are going to have a few losses with 5 games to go. And even if USCe, UGa or UF can pull it off, they will be serious underdogs to Bama.

serious underdogs, yes, but i don't think any of them would be 24 point dogs. i think if they were to line up right now bama would be -13 or -14 to south carolina or missouri, and -16 to -20 against georgia or florida

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly don't know, but Bama has been looking better and better as each week goes by... The only time they've even been remotely challenged was @ A&M and they've seemingly shored up any weaknesses that were present in that game...

My gut just tells me that they'd handle Missouri's prolific offense perfectly fine, Missouri MIGHT put up 21....