• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Goodell Rig The Election So Brady Can't Win MVP?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Brady get his 5th ring. His retirement will be a loss though because how many superstar QB's exist in the league today. There are a few 1 and done SB winners and Rottenburger/Eli with 2 but they're on the decline.

Who am I missing?

Decline? Eli is the same goofy bastard he has always been

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
If Brady keeps playing like he is, I have no doubt he should and will get the NFL MVP award. For those that think Goodell will keep him out - how do you sleep at night with the Black Helicopters circling overhead???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you are assuming Goodell is going to "forgive and forget"...remember, Tom Brady took this to court...even Federal court...

Maybe you are correct in the respect that Goodell is a "bigger man" and would be able to shrug this off?

I don't know him...I am judging by how hard he fought to keep Brady out for the "friendly" actions of HIS EQUIPMENT MAMAGERS....
no, that's not what I'm saying. What i'm saying is he won and it's over. I still think he remembers and I don't think he forgives. Yes, IMO it probably still bothers him to some degree. Just saying that he has moved on and even more so that this idea that he spends his time worrying about TB is silly. But, I don't think he is just being the "bigger man"...I won't go that far

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady keeps playing like he is, I have no doubt he should and will get the NFL MVP award. For those that think Goodell will keep him out - how do you sleep at night with the Black Helicopters circling overhead???

3 factors that have to be weighed

- Is there a player (Carr, maybe Ryan today) that is comparable
- How much does missing 25% of a season count against a guy?
- How much does going 3-1 (think we all agree 4-0 if Jimmy doesn't go down) without Brady, get held against him, if at all?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and I don't like Rottenburger either. Neither are superstar caliber.

Eli definitely has his flaws, but statistically, and ring wise, he is gonna be in some serious elite company by the end of his career......not to mention, not a missed game in his career

Ben, I tend to agree, his getting hurt and costing the Steelers seasons' is starting to become a trend that is not good for the resume

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or walk around with all those chemtrails,,,errrr...contrails up in the sky

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
199th drafted.....MVP is big stuff when he's sitting around with Bradshaw and Montana and chewing the fat...

He doesn't care about MVP trophies, nor do MVPs matter imo to begin with. All Brady cares about is the rings...I don't care if Brady doesn't win the MVP this year. I just want a Super Bowl "W".

@Center Ice why would you think if he won the Super Bowl this year he'd retire?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow your roll. Still a lot of season left to be played. About this time last year seems like we were debating if Brady or Rodgers should be the MVP.

And seriously, the angry Brady, scorched earth, destroy the NFL narrative needs to die already. In 2007, after the Spygate punishments, angry Brady was going to destroy the NFL. That worked all the way until they didn't win the Super Bowl. Then in 2015, after all the offseason Deflategate lawsuits, angry Brady was going to destroy the NFL, win MVP, go undefeated, and win the Super Bowl. That worked all the way until they didn't win the Super Bowl.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna be rooting for both of you, seriously.

I hate the fucking Broncos with every fiber of my being.
giphy.gif

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow your roll. Still a lot of season left to be played. About this time last year seems like we were debating if Brady or Rodgers should be the MVP.

And seriously, the angry Brady, scorched earth, destroy the NFL narrative needs to die already. In 2007, after the Spygate punishments, angry Brady was going to destroy the NFL. That worked all the way until they didn't win the Super Bowl. Then in 2015, after all the offseason Deflategate lawsuits, angry Brady was going to destroy the NFL, win MVP, go undefeated, and win the Super Bowl. That worked all the way until they didn't win the Super Bowl.

I agree with everything so far except your AV. For the love of God, please change it. Now if your guy has a Brady physique when he was at the columbine, I could understand it

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the ninth time in his career, Tom Brady has won an AFC Player of the Month award.

The quarterback was named AFC Offensive Player of the Month for the month of October. It is Brady’s first since he was named AFC Offensive Player of the Month for September in 2015 and with the award he’s passed Peyton Manning for most in league history.

Brady led New England to a 4-0 record as a starter and completed 98-of-134 passes for 1,319 yards with 12 touchdowns and zero interceptions in October. In addition he has passed for 300 yards in three of the four games, including a 406-yard effort at Cleveland and led the Patriots to 30 or more points in three of the four games. His 73.1 completion percentage is first in the NFL.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accountability is such a lonely word...Anything bad that happens (or something good not happening) to certain people ***cough***Brady***cough*** nowadays is always because someone doesn't like them or is trying to keep them down...nothing to do with what is deserved...

Eli Apple’s mom thinks Giants are “leaning” on him to silence her
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 3, 2016, 7:50 AM EDT
540776030.jpg
Getty Images
Giants cornerback Eli Apple admitted he was taken aback by his mother’s sharp criticism of his employer over their handling of the Josh Brown domestic violence situation, but insisted he and the team were “good on that front.”

But now, his mother has doubled down on her criticisms of the Giants, saying she was angry with the team in October because she thought they were “leaning” or her son in an effort to shut her up.

“I was livid with the Giants, not just because of John Mara’s comments but I was disappointed in the organization because I felt they were leaning heavily on a 21-year-old kid in an effort to control what his mother says,” Annie Apple wrote in her regular column on SI.com.

The Giants offered no comment on the situation to the New York Daily News, and the rookie cornerback had already talked to reporters before the column was published. But asked Wednesday in general about his mother, Apple acknowledged her previous statements of displeasure with Giants owner John Mara in particular.

She’s her own person and she has a great, tremendous personality,” Eli Apple. “And she’s been through a lot, and I just appreciate everything she’s done for me.”

In a previous column, Annie Apple detailed her own painful history of domestic violence, which obviously made her uncomfortable with the team. But in her latest dispatch, she said she couldn’t bring herself to attend last week’s game in London, even though she flew there.

“At that moment I just couldn’t cheer for a team I felt had turned its back on what was right to protect an image,” she wrote. “It was difficult because I love my son and I’ve always been in his corner at every game, but for me, this was bigger than a game.”

And while her outspokenness lends an important voice to an important topic, it’s also made her the center of attention, while putting her son in an increasingly awkward position at work.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything so far except your AV. For the love of God, please change it. Now if your guy has a Brady physique when he was at the columbine, I could understand it
I hope you and @jarntt are happy now, you've sufficiently shamed me into changing my glorious av!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you and @jarntt are happy now, you've sufficiently shamed me into changing my glorious av!

My thanks and for that I will root for the Broncos this Sunday, with my shirt off even if its 40 degrees. It was disturbing to me and too arousing for Jarntt, so 2 different reasons

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't care about MVP trophies, nor do MVPs matter imo to begin with. All Brady cares about is the rings...I don't care if Brady doesn't win the MVP this year. I just want a Super Bowl "W".

@Center Ice why would you think if he won the Super Bowl this year he'd retire?
Just a hunch. He's getting up there in age although in phenomenal condition. With a 5th ring he has absolute bragging rights for a very long time and he won't stand the chance of getting clobbered. I could be wrong.