• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does ESPN ever get enough of the Lakers???

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those are the level of PG they want, then have fun. None of those guys are true PGs IMO. Beverley is a fantastic defender, but is not going to run an offense efficiently. The other 3 have been backups for their careers.

We don't know that the Lakers want or need to move Ball for a pick yet anyway. All of this is a bit premature.
Those guys are just keeping the seat warm for the guy they draft.

In today's NBA, I'd much rather have a White/Booker backcourt over Booker and Lonzo.

For all the pages and pages of debate on his attempts, the fact remains that Lonzo is a poor shooter and injury prone.

They already have a guy with defensive upside and shit shooting in Jackson.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. KCP is a Klutch Klient. The Lakers took care of him. It probably wasn't a demand that came directly from Lebron, but I'm sure it didn't hurt their chances. It was only a 1 year contract and since it was his 2nd one with the Lakers, it had the added benefit of him already being familiar with a lot of his teammates and the Lakers system.

He also played fairly well for the Lakers the previous season. Once they ended up having to sign 1 year deals again, I figured he would be one they would probably look to bring back if they could.

It doesn't really matter because there wasn't going to be anyone available who was going to make them a threat to the Warriors.
Still don't think the demand would come from Klutch either. No demand for a star, but a demand for a 1-year deal to a dime a dozen player?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't think the a demand would come from Klutch either. No demand for a star, but a demand for a 1-year deal to a dime a dozen player?

Yeah, there's a demand and then there's "Hey, it would be kinda cool if you..."

KCP is still a Klutch Klient and their job is to make sure all of their clients are employed and paid.

So, I doubt they didn't say anything. But it was likely more the "Hey, it would be kinda cool if..." than any kind of a real demand.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's a demand and then there's "Hey, it would be kinda cool if you..."

KCP is still a Klutch Klient and their job is to make sure all of their clients are employed and paid.

So, I doubt they didn't say anything. But it was likely more the "Hey, it would be kinda cool if..." than any kind of a real demand.
Agree......but not the same as a demand which many seem to think. Sure, "if you can't find anyone better, how about KCP" seems reasonable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the shooters, not sure what's worse...did talk to them and failed or simply didn't try. which do you think is worse?

We don't know if they did or didn't, it's a complete year in the past, and those roster spots are again open this summer. It's time to stop arguing about crap that is over and done with and doesn't apply to the team moving forward.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys are just keeping the seat warm for the guy they draft.

In today's NBA, I'd much rather have a White/Booker backcourt over Booker and Lonzo.

For all the pages and pages of debate on his attempts, the fact remains that Lonzo is a poor shooter and injury prone.

They already have a guy with defensive upside and shit shooting in Jackson.

I'm not going to call a guy injury prone when he turns an ankle when shoved by a defender. That's just me though apparently.

White was a SG prospect upon arrival at North Carolina. He's a combo guard at best. If that's what they want, sure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.foxsports.com/watch/speak-for-yourself/video/1532095555861

The Lakers are being hijacked by LeBron and his agent Rich Paul.
i think most people knew this is how it would go right when LeBron signed. The "Magic is in charge and will listen to LeBron, but not kowtow to him" BS that some people actually believed did not last long.

Its the LA LeBakers --- and it probably should be. Him and Paul actually probably have more GM experience/savvy/past success then the Lakers actual front office

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitlock is still around? Why?

Whitlock is probably the worst...yes the worst and that is a list that includes Cowherd, Skip, Stephen A, Clay Travis, etc.
At least these guys know or kind of know...this dude is just a man-whore for attention. It's ALL attention with him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know if they did or didn't, it's a complete year in the past, and those roster spots are again open this summer. It's time to stop arguing about crap that is over and done with and doesn't apply to the team moving forward.
So no more arguments on topics on anything from before the day of the post? This place should be fun.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no more arguments on topics on anything from before the day of the post? This place should be fun.
You'll figure something out :heh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Lakers.

giphy.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your tendency to take a simple statement and attempt to make it broader is beyond annoying. Don't you have anything better to do?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your tendency to take a simple statement and attempt to make it broader is beyond annoying. Don't you have anything better to do?
I think what you mean to say it was foolish of you to make the comment you did.

But like a child instead you don't want to take responsibility for an absurd comment.