• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does ESPN ever get enough of the Lakers???

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah but just because you don't realize you were wrong, doesn't mean you weren't.
If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it........if a poster admits he was wrong but no one knows about it?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly seems that the people more concerned about it AREN'T Lakers fans. The grounded ones understood that last year was a throw away to some degree due to the desire to carry that cap space forward, instead of spending it on middling talent. It's all the outsiders throwing shade on the Lakers that want to turn last year's decisions into hot takes.
Last year was probably the last year that LeBron was the best player in all of basketball.

Do you realize how insane it is to just throw away a year of LeBron's prime with LAnce Stephenson and JaVale McGee and Michael Beasley because the front office couldnt get the job done? I couldnt even imagine the criticism the Cavs would have gotten for doing as bad a job as the Lakers did putting guys around Lebron.

Boston is Kyrie Irving leaving from really shitting all over themselves after having a TON of picks and a ton of cap room

the Sixers hit on Simmons and Embiid, but screwed themselves on Fultz, Okafor, Noel, etc.....

The CAvs had a lot of assets because of Dan Gilbert's wallet, and the ability to actually buy extra picks with cap space.

They walked away with a core of Irving, Love, and some solid role players with it. There were plenty of opportunities missed, but absolutely no one hits 100%....you just gotta hit big once or twice.

The Lakers have not won a playoff game in 7 years. The best they could put around LeBron after 6 years of ineptitude was THAT?! cmon. there is no argument, they did a terrible job.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say no, Lakers news (good / bad / out of this world) brings ratings!

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone have your laughs. Lakers will be back in the playoffs next year. Houston is looking to blow things up, Warriors are losing Durant, etc. The West playoffs are going to be wide open, want to bet against Lebron?
Lebron is old, past his prime, and did his thing in the east when it was at a legendary level of weakness.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was probably the last year that LeBron was the best player in all of basketball.

Do you realize how insane it is to just throw away a year of LeBron's prime with LAnce Stephenson and JaVale McGee and Michael Beasley because the front office couldnt get the job done? I couldnt even imagine the criticism the Cavs would have gotten for doing as bad a job as the Lakers did putting guys around Lebron.

Boston is Kyrie Irving leaving from really shitting all over themselves after having a TON of picks and a ton of cap room

the Sixers hit on Simmons and Embiid, but screwed themselves on Fultz, Okafor, Noel, etc.....

The CAvs had a lot of assets because of Dan Gilbert's wallet, and the ability to actually buy extra picks with cap space.

They walked away with a core of Irving, Love, and some solid role players with it. There were plenty of opportunities missed, but absolutely no one hits 100%....you just gotta hit big once or twice.

The Lakers have not won a playoff game in 7 years. The best they could put around LeBron after 6 years of ineptitude was THAT?! cmon. there is no argument, they did a terrible job.

Getting Lebron WAS the front office getting it done.

He played over 60 games and the lakers got 2 more wins than last year and the Little Bron's just can't handle it.
They have to find something to blame it on .... and who do they pick? People who don't play in the games.

It's hysterical.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the proof of that is the Cavs' FO was roasted even while going to 4 straight Finals "only" winning 1.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He played over 60 games and the lakers got 2 more wins than last year and the Little Bron's just can't handle it.
They have to find something to blame it on .... and who do they pick? People who don't play in the games.

It's hysterical.

You have no idea what you are talking about LOL. So you get the best player and that is them getting the job DONE? Nope, that’s where it starts. Dumb logic. There is no point in recruiting the best player and then putting an inexperienced cast and a cast that doesnt fit him well. Stephenson, an old Rondo, Beasley. Trade for Muscala and Bullock. Trade Zubac a young good player and this is just this year, for years they have been making terrible FO decisions. To multiply the problem, every one of their young players/decent players go injured and it doesnt help having Lebron out almost half the season

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the proof of that is the Cavs' FO was roasted even while going to 4 straight Finals "only" winning 1.

Everyone now knows how great the CLE FO really was now. I mean I loved all the moves they made, some were genius and they are still trying to spend/make moves to get back to being a contender w/o Lebron. I love it.
Hopefully the Indians can do the same haha.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea what you are talking about LOL. So you get the best player and that is them getting the job DONE? Nope, that’s where it starts. Dumb logic. There is no point in recruiting the best player and then putting an inexperienced cast and a cast that doesnt fit him well. Stephenson, an old Rondo, Beasley. Trade for Muscala and Bullock. Trade Zubac a young good player and this is just this year, for years they have been making terrible FO decisions. To multiply the problem, every one of their young players/decent players go injured and it doesnt help having Lebron out almost half the season

Maybe you should tell lebron who does not fit him well.

Magic Johnson confirms LeBron James helped orchestrate Rondo, McGee, Stephenson deals

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic confirms? Yeah...that settles it.

Yeah, dude is still my all-time favorite athlete from any sport, but his credibility isn't exactly at a high level right now. He seems to be on a bit of a "cover my own ass" tour right now.

Having said that, the story all along has been that Lebron was on board with all of the signings and he hasn't denied it that I've heard.

So, it could be that Lebron was on board with it. If he was though, I assume it would be because it was only going to be for the 1 season and there may not have been the quality of shooters available to make any real difference.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hysterical.
uhh what?

I mean, instead of going for 27.4, pts, 8.5 assits and 8.3 rebounds a game on 51.0%, shooting from the field, and 1.3 steals a game---- when he had to carry the load MORE than at any other time over the last decade + of his career, what do you think would have been a good effort from LeBron?

At 34 years old, i think going for 27.4, 8.5, 8.3, 1.3 on 51% shooting is like the definition of insanity. The year Kobe was 34 he played 6 games. The next year he averaged 22, 5.5, 5.5 on 37% shooting.

The Heat? surrounded LeBron with shooters and high character basketball players. The Cavs? surrounded LEBron with shooters and high character baskebtall players

the Lakers? signed a bunch of nut jobs that couldnt shoot- and Magic said that was his actual STRATEGY.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, dude is still my all-time favorite athlete from any sport, but his credibility isn't exactly at a high level right now. He seems to be on a bit of a "cover my own ass" tour right now.

Having said that, the story all along has been that Lebron was on board with all of the signings and he hasn't denied it that I've heard.

So, it could be that Lebron was on board with it. If he was though, I assume it would be because it was only going to be for the 1 season and there may not have been the quality of shooters available to make any real difference.
Kind of looks bad to say he wasn't on board after the guys were signed. Makes his GM and the players look bad. And if he reneges now he loses credibility.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is old, past his prime, and did his thing in the east when it was at a legendary level of weakness.

So this new East just magically sprung up the year after Lebron left? He was in the finals last year, and his per game averages are virtually the same. He just had a strained groin and missed 27 games (twice as much as he has ever missed in any one season thus far...he has been extremely lucky with injuries up to this point). This isn't an old man injury, or a recurring injury etc. It happens, and all it takes is twisting the wrong way.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hysterical.

I think it's hysterical you think LeBron played in over 60 games.