• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does ESPN ever get enough of the Lakers???

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you mean to say it was foolish of you to make the comment you did.

But like a child instead you don't want to take responsibility for an absurd comment.

I simply said that the one year contracts signed last summer have no relevancy at this point, as none of them are expected back (maybe McGee) and that was the intent; maintaining cap space for the next go-around. No amount of middling role players was going to reverse the outcome of last season for the Lakers, given the number of injuries to key players and those players being shut down at the end of the season. Arguing who they should've talked to (when we don't know that they did or didn't) a year after the fact has NO bearing on the Lakers roster moving forward.

You take that to mean that anything that happened before today to be inconsequential and unworthy of discussion. Logical fallacy, a hasty generalization.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Klay is missing time seems like a good time for a Klay vs. Love discussion?
When is it NOT a good time for that?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply said that the one year contracts signed last summer have no relevancy at this point, as none of them are expected back (maybe McGee) and that was the intent; maintaining cap space for the next go-around. No amount of middling role players was going to reverse the outcome of last season for the Lakers, given the number of injuries to key players and those players being shut down at the end of the season. Arguing who they should've talked to (when we don't know that they did or didn't) a year after the fact has NO bearing on the Lakers roster moving forward.

You take that to mean that anything that happened before today to be inconsequential and unworthy of discussion. Logical fallacy, a hasty generalization.
If we are talking about the LA "brain trust" it is a relevant topic, though, how they handled last summer.

And not talking to them or talking and not getting them are both troubling if you're a Laker fan.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are talking about the LA "brain trust" it is a relevant topic, though, how they handled last summer.

And not talking to them or talking and not getting them are both troubling if you're a Laker fan.

It certainly seems that the people more concerned about it AREN'T Lakers fans. The grounded ones understood that last year was a throw away to some degree due to the desire to carry that cap space forward, instead of spending it on middling talent. It's all the outsiders throwing shade on the Lakers that want to turn last year's decisions into hot takes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly seems that the people more concerned about it AREN'T Lakers fans. The grounded ones understood that last year was a throw away to some degree due to the desire to carry that cap space forward, instead of spending it on middling talent. It's all the outsiders throwing shade on the Lakers that want to turn last year's decisions into hot takes.
I doubt very seriously any rational Laker fan would say BEFORE FA began last summer if the Lakers added Lebron they'd end up with scrapheap players with the other max deal money left over.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt very seriously any rational Laker fan would say BEFORE FA began last summer if the Lakers added Lebron they'd end up with scrapheap players with the other max deal money left over.

No, because before FA, they thought Paul George was still a strong possibility. Once he wasn't, they focused on trying to trade for Kawhi, which dragged out too long to get anyone else of note. They threw together a lineup of talented head cases to bridge to this summer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because before FA, they thought Paul George was still a strong possibility. Once he wasn't, they focused on trying to trade for Kawhi, which dragged out too long to get anyone else of note. They threw together a lineup of talented head cases to bridge to this summer.
You were given a list of better options. Instead of dismissing them what would be the harm in saying "yeah, does seem like those guys would have been better fits to play with Lebron. Wish I knew if we tried to get them and failed or didn't even try."

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were given a list of better options. Instead of dismissing them what would be the harm in saying "yeah, does seem like those guys would have been better fits to play with Lebron. Wish I knew if we tried to get them and failed or didn't even try."

Like I said, dead issue. Move on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic dt...everyone does it
classic msg (and about a dozen other posters) - accuse someone of doing something they know everyone does.

How many more back and forth replies required before you say I always want the last word? How long do we need to keep disagreeing before you play the all you do is disagree card? Is there a set amount for either?

I crack me up.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
classic msg (and about a dozen other posters) - accuse someone of doing something they know everyone does.

How many more back and forth replies required before you say I always want the last word? How long do we need to keep disagreeing before you play the all you do is disagree card? Is there a set amount for either?

I crack me up.
While of course we all share some similarities, we are not identical. We each have our signature style and tendencies. No matter how much you claim we're all just like you, you are the most like you. You do some stuff more than the group. This is one of those things.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While of course we all share some similarities, we are not identical. We each have our signature style and tendencies. No matter how much you claim we're all just like you, you are the most like you. You do some stuff more than the group. This is one of those things.
Not buying more than the entire group, but no disagreement I might be in the running for certain category leaders.

I'd put you ahead in the "never admit you are wrong" club with 3-4 others who cannot be caught.

One guy stands alone in the extreme comment club to me.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying more than the entire group, but no disagreement I might be in the running for certain category leaders.

I'd put you ahead in the "never admit you are wrong" club with 3-4 others who cannot be caught.

One guy stands alone in the extreme comment club to me.
Do you have yourself in that 'never admit' club? If not, why not?

I could point you to the many times I've admitted error, some in just the past 24 hours but it might be more fun for you to find them yourself.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have yourself in that 'never admit' club? If not, why not?

I could point you to the many times I've admitted error, some in just the past 24 hours but it might be more fun for you to find them yourself.
Nope...because I often admit when I'm wrong.

I'm not looking for something I don't think exists. If it does...guess I was wrong.

Ironic, huh?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...because I often admit when I'm wrong.

I'm not looking for something I don't think exists. If it does...guess I was wrong.

Ironic, huh?
Truly. I guess we were both wrong.

Double irony!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet I'm not.......until you find where you admitted you were wrong. I'm not giving up so easily
Ah but just because you don't realize you were wrong, doesn't mean you weren't.