• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does cleveland prove how worthless nba coaches are?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, I agree with you as I think you may have been confused by the context of my response. Wiggins and Bennett definitely were great trade chips that Cleveland could use, and who would've thought the Knicks would be dumb enough to dump Shumpert and Smith for peanuts. Point being - if this were the same roster that the Cavs had in 2010 or 2011, Lebron would not be in Cleveland.

True. I think maybe I did get confused. Funny thing is, imo, Lebron could have really done a lot for his image/legacy if he would have just left the roster the way it was when he had that letter written for him talking about how patient he was going to have to be. Instead, it ended up being more of Lebron going to a stacked team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I think maybe I did get confused. Funny thing is, imo, Lebron could have really done a lot for his image/legacy if he would have just left the roster the way it was when he had that letter written for him talking about how patient he was going to have to be. Instead, it ended up being more of Lebron going to a stacked team.

Well when the moves were made nobody seemed to think so, minus the Mozgov move.

Nobody thought Love was a star, still questions around that.

Shumpert was injury prove and not a very good shooter.

JR is a headcase who plays no defense and gives up at times.

But playing with Lebron it inspires these players, like he did in the old days with Cleveland he makes players better. Most of these guys starting right now are average on other teams. So you can say their team is stacked but it's bc of Lebron. That's why he is so great, and the main reason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when the moves were made nobody seemed to think so, minus the Mozgov move.

Nobody thought Love was a star, still questions around that.

Shumpert was injury prove and not a very good shooter.

JR is a headcase who plays no defense and gives up at times.

But playing with Lebron it inspires these players, like he did in the old days with Cleveland he makes players better. Most of these guys starting right now are average on other teams. So you can say their team is stacked but it's bc of Lebron. That's why he is so great, and the main reason.

:L

Talk about revisionist history. Nobody thought Love was a star? Were you able to keep a straight face while typing that?

Love was an all-star player averaging what? 20+ and 10+ every night? He was hailed as the "best stretch 4 in the game" and the player they needed to open the lane for Lebron and Kyrie.

Shumpert was known to be a very good defensive player, which was why they went after him. They knew defense was an issue. The only surprise has been that he has shot the ball well.

I agree re: the prevailing opinion about JR. But even with that, it was basically said that there's "good JR" and "bad JR." The only question would be if and when "bad JR" showed up. So far, it's been "good JR" most of the time.

I'm sure playing alongside Lebron helps, but let's not pretend like the Cavs were taking on a bunch of unknown players and hoping it would work out for them.

Love not a star. :rollseyes:

You Cavs fans are something else.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Shumpert and JR are both coming from a unmotivated Knicks team to a title contender, so of course they are going to play better.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all but the bold. If the Cavs had stood pat with the team that they had when he first agreed to return, I would agree with all of it. However, the only difference between what he did in Cleveland vs. Miami is that in Cleveland he waited until after he agreed to go there before making the roster changes to put him in the best position to win.

Remember, one of those #1 picks was shipped out to Minnesota for Kevin Love shortly after Lebron's return and that was just the first of the roster moves.
Either way Lebron has proved himself by making it to the finals once again and looks to win it all. If they end up playing Golden State Warriors - I just don't think the Warriors can pull it off, but we will see

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way Lebron has proved himself by making it to the finals once again and looks to win it all. If they end up playing Golden State Warriors - I just don't think the Warriors can pull it off, but we will see
Why don't you think the Warriors can pull it off? They have enough defenders to throw at James with Draymond, Barnes, and Iggy. Let them stay one on one with LeBron and stick like glue on the shooters. Even LeBron isn't going to put up 80, and the Golden State offensive can be very potent. I think it is going to be a very tough series of interesting matchups and adjustments.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most important thing about coaching isn't calling plays, or teaching your guys how to play bball (other than installing a defense)

all these guys know how to pass, shoot (.... well most of them), cut, set screens etc its about getting everyone on the same page (that happens during the reg season).

I think the most important thing an NBA coach does is make adjustments to matchups/how they defend those matchups (pick n roll D etc). A lot of that stuff isn't blatantly obvious.

I don't think blatt is a great coach, but i think coaching is vital. There is a reason everyone who ends up in SA turns into a really great role player or star

At the NBA level, coaching is mostly communication, getting players to buckle down on DEF, play "their" role...handling multi-millionaire athletes egos, etc.

In the case of Blatt...imo the smartest thing he did was to display some humility when LJ said in the media...no we need to scrap that play and do this...not many coaches could handle that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you think the Warriors can pull it off? They have enough defenders to throw at James with Draymond, Barnes, and Iggy. Let them stay one on one with LeBron and stick like glue on the shooters. Even LeBron isn't going to put up 80, and the Golden State offensive can be very potent. I think it is going to be a very tough series of interesting matchups and adjustments.
I haven't really seen the Warriors play a lot of defense, but Lebron is a veteran in the finals, I just think he will have the edge over them in the experience. Either way I think this going to be the weakest finals in the last decade

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really seen the Warriors play a lot of defense, but Lebron is a veteran in the finals, I just think he will have the edge over them in the experience. Either way I think this going to be the weakest finals in the last decade
I really don't think it is going to be a weak finals at all. And no way it could be weaker than the Spurs sweeping the Cavs or The Lakers destroying Orlando, both within the last decade.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you mean? Lopsided?

On paper this series offers great contrast in styles of play...I think GS wants a wide open, up and down type game, but this aint one of the 82...the Cavs need to keep these games in the 90s...if they do this, it looks to be a great series imo...star power on both sides.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The youngest for sure, two up-and-coming teams that are on the rise making it to the Finals.