• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you agree with the selection committee's make up?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is damn true. I would argue it's kind of rare outside of MLB and NBA for the best team to usually win the championship. The NBA relies on the super teams and MLB it's damn near impossible to win without the best players. Or at least pitchers I guess.

So they have shitty ways of determining their champions is what you are saying.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win your little conference and then move on. Did the NCAA tell Alabama to lose their conference? No, they could have won and did not. GA was a better team but choked due to poor coaching so the best team still did not win the championship even in CFB.

Georgia lost to Auburn worse than Alabama did the first time....and of course, they lost to Alabama in the playoffs.

And did the NCAA tell the Big10 and other conferences to have teams that were worse than multiple SEC teams?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia lost to Auburn worse than Alabama did the first time....and of course, they lost to Alabama in the playoffs.

And did the NCAA tell the Big10 and other conferences to have teams that were worse than multiple SEC teams?

Irrelevant. They won the conference. Doing that eliminates all these pointless opinion arguments about who is better. GA dominated Bama until their DC had some brain farts late in the game and OT. They were the best team and lost the championship.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win your little conference and then move on. Did the NCAA tell Alabama to lose their conference? No, they could have won and did not. GA was a better team but choked due to poor coaching so the best team still did not win the championship even in CFB.

I am not against wild cards, but I am against giving wild cards at the expense of teams that won their division or conference.
Did the NCAA tell Ohio State to get jail sexed by Iowa and manhandled by Oklahoma? So a team like Florida should go to the Sunbelt so they can dominate it and make the playoffs every year? You want to reward mediocre teams that win shitty conferences over vastly superior teams?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrelevant. They won the conference. Doing that eliminates all these pointless opinion arguments about who is better. GA dominated Bama until their DC had some brain farts late in the game and OT. They were the best team and lost the championship.

Alabama beat Georgia the only time they played. When Georgia played Auburn the 2nd tme - they were the 3rd highest ranked SEC team.

Georgia was winning 13-0 until Alabama changed QB's, then Alabama outscored them 26-10 over the 2nd half.

:lol:

Is it coincidence that the people who cry for conference champions the most are also among the dumbest?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the NCAA tell Ohio State to get jail sexed by Iowa and manhandled by Oklahoma? So a team like Florida should go to the Sunbelt so they can dominate it and make the playoffs every year? You want to reward mediocre teams that win shitty conferences over vastly superior teams?

I want to eliminate opinion

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama beat Georgia the only time they played. When Georgia played Auburn the 2nd tme - they were the 3rd highest ranked SEC team.

Georgia was winning 13-0 until Alabama changed QB's, then Alabama outscored them 26-10 over the 2nd half.

Is it coincidence that the people who cry for conference champions the most are also among the dumbest?

No the dumbest tend to be the inbred Bama fans who want to be given opportunities they dont earn at the expense of teams that did not do anything to disqualify themselves other than where they are located.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to eliminate opinion
We had that with the BCS and people complained about that. There is. I way to completely get rid of it in a subdivision with 130 teams. Best bet is to break the G5 into one bracket, P5 in a different bracket, top 8 ranked teams in each go to the playoffs.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the dumbest tend to be the inbred Bama fans who want to be given opportunities they dont earn at the expense of teams that did not do anything to disqualify themselves other than where they are located.
Getting blown the fuck out by Notre Dame and Iowa eliminated teams not location.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weird, Ohio St went to the playoffs last year without winning their conference. Did they relocate?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird, Ohio St went to the playoffs last year without winning their conference. Did they relocate?
They are sort of
in the Southern part of Ohio if you ignore logic.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And do those sports allow for at large bids/wild card spots?

They all guarantee division winners get in and the next guys who have the best records get in next.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they have shitty ways of determining their champions is what you are saying.

I guess that's a matter of opinion. Despite your arrogance on everything, your opinion is worth no more than any of the rest of ours. Just because the team you decided to bandwagon is really good at football, doesn't mean your knowledge of football is superior. Saban didn't rub off on you through osmosis of life.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all guarantee division winners get in and the next guys who have the best records get in next.
So like I said, if you want equal representation in college football as in the NFL, you would need a 24 team playoff (really it’s a 26 team playoff but that’s a weird number). To have a ten team playoff and to include 5 G5 teams seems horrible.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's a matter of opinion. Despite your arrogance on everything, your opinion is worth no more than any of the rest of ours. Just because the team you decided to bandwagon is really good at football, doesn't mean your knowledge of football is superior. Saban didn't rub off on you through osmosis of life.

Just because all people are entitled to their opinion does not mean all opinions are equal.

And if you don't believe me, ask the cashier at starbucks for his opinion on the stock market.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like I said, if you want equal representation in college football as in the NFL, you would need a 24 team playoff (really it’s a 26 team playoff but that’s a weird number). To have a ten team playoff and to include 5 G5 teams seems horrible.

I don't want equal representation. I want an 8 team playoff, just like I did in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, etc. This isn't a new hot take. The vast majority of people on message boards wanted an 8 team from the beginning but the 4 team was better than nothing. Which it still is.

I only see moronic Bama fans still clamoring for the BCS or keeping the 4 team forever. It's served them pretty well. Hasn't served most of college football all that great though from a fandom standpoint. Making the damn Rose Bowl feels like a letdown season.

What the playoffs have done is basically make bowl games meaningless. Even more than they already were during the BCS.

Even if the 8 seed gets smashed, at least their fans got to be excited for a couple weeks and feel like their season meant something.

At least teams like Wisconsin, Ohio St, and UCF get a chance to be Saban's bitch too. I don't see why more high quality football and chance for parity is a bad thing in college football.

Especially a fan of the school you root for. An undefeated season or stars aligning perfectly have to occur for Michigan St to get in as long as a committee gets to play beauty pageant.

You win your conference, you get a shot. You don't, then you have to play beauty pageant. That's pretty damn fair to everybody.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because all people are entitled to their opinion does not mean all opinions are equal.

And if you don't believe me, ask the cashier at starbucks for his opinion on the stock market.

I've posted with you for years, there is nothing about your opinion that is superior to the vast majority of this boards long time posters. Except that your opinion of yourself is possibly the highest.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want equal representation. I want an 8 team playoff, just like I did in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, etc. This isn't a new hot take. The vast majority of people on message boards wanted an 8 team from the beginning but the 4 team was better than nothing. Which it still is.

I only see moronic Bama fans still clamoring for the BCS or keeping the 4 team forever. It's served them pretty well. Hasn't served most of college football all that great though from a fandom standpoint. Making the damn Rose Bowl feels like a letdown season.

What the playoffs have done is basically make bowl games meaningless. Even more than they already were during the BCS.

Even if the 8 seed gets smashed, at least their fans got to be excited for a couple weeks and feel like their season meant something.

At least teams like Wisconsin, Ohio St, and UCF get a chance to be Saban's bitch too. I don't see why more high quality football and chance for parity is a bad thing in college football.

Especially a fan of the school you root for. An undefeated season or stars aligning perfectly have to occur for Michigan St to get in as long as a committee gets to play beauty pageant.

You win your conference, you get a shot. You don't, then you have to play beauty pageant. That's pretty damn fair to everybody.

8 teams makes it even easier for Alabama to make the playoffs. Alabama would have been left out and wouldn't have won the NC if we were in the BCS era.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've posted with you for years, there is nothing about your opinion that is superior to the vast majority of this boards long time posters. Except that your opinion of yourself is possibly the highest.

giphy.gif

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 teams makes it even easier for Alabama to make the playoffs.

If Bama deserves to be there, then Bama should be there. I don't want 8 teams to stop Saban. I want it because it makes the most sense. Saban is gonna do what Saban does either way. Win games.