• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do Any Of You Miss The Old Conference Set up?

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a precursor here. I started watching college ball around 98, so I don't know about the SWC, Big Eight, etc. However, just curious if anyone misses the old conference set up with having the Big East as a real football conference, the Big XII having a champs game involving divisions and having Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and A&M. The SEC not having A&M, Missouri, and B1G not having Rutgers and Maryland. Also, the schools that joined to make up the PAC 12 Utah and Colorado. I am sure I missed a few but just curious which you prefer. For me, I am cool with the way the ACC is set up now. I wish the Big XII still had a champs game from divisions.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I miss not having Nebraska.
I miss not being able to kick the dog shit out of those stupid aggies.
I do not miss Colorado Fans, worst ever.
Missouri was meh, they thought we were rivals but we always beat their ass. I liken them to Kansas.
TCU is okay i guess, WVU also okay. Not much changed, we lost 3 schools (mizz, colo, a&m)we beat annually like dog shit with 2 schools we beat annually. We haven't found a replacement for Nebraska yet, one that made it feel like a real game. Maybe we can lure Miami or Florida State, that would have the same feel.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I miss not having Nebraska.
I miss not being able to kick the dog shit out of those stupid aggies.
I do not miss Colorado Fans, worst ever.
Missouri was meh, they thought we were rivals but we always beat their ass. I liken them to Kansas.
TCU is okay i guess, WVU also okay. Not much changed, we lost 3 schools (mizz, colo, a&m)we beat annually like dog shit with 2 schools we beat annually. We haven't found a replacement for Nebraska yet, one that made it feel like a real game. Maybe we can lure Miami or Florida State, that would have the same feel.

Why you and Nebraska just don't set an annual OOC game is beyond me.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a precursor here. I started watching college ball around 98, so I don't know about the SWC, Big Eight, etc. However, just curious if anyone misses the old conference set up with having the Big East as a real football conference, the Big XII having a champs game involving divisions and having Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and A&M. The SEC not having A&M, Missouri, and B1G not having Rutgers and Maryland. Also, the schools that joined to make up the PAC 12 Utah and Colorado. I am sure I missed a few but just curious which you prefer. For me, I am cool with the way the ACC is set up now. I wish the Big XII still had a champs game from divisions.
Wouldn't hurt my feelings if the SEC went back to the traditional 10 teams. Of course, I wouldn't want to give up any scratch to do it.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you and Nebraska just don't set an annual OOC game is beyond me.
Kansas vs Missouri
Texas vs Texas A&M

These are games that should still be played as well and stupid that they aren't.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the old setup because the bowl games that weren't the national title games meant something. It meant something to make a "BCS Bowl" but now it seems like it's playoff or everyone doesn't care/players start skipping. Even the Rose Bowl doesn't seem as cool anymore because it's not the best of the B10, it's likely the team that didn't make the playoff.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas vs Missouri
Texas vs Texas A&M

These are games that should still be played as well and stupid that they aren't.
nope a$m and nu are someone else's problem now. do not miss them one bit...

They left and we stayed … I'm fine with that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope a$m and nu are someone else's problem now. do not miss them one bit...

They left and we stayed … I'm fine with that.
No one else wanted you, actually.

Carry on

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac was 10 all my life i liked it better as far as 9 conference games meant you played everyone. Colorado and Utah added numbers to go to divisions and conference championship game. overall im ok either way. cant say i miss it.

as for the other conferences dont really care

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the split up of Division I in 1978 that created divisions 1-A (FBS) and 1-AA (FCS), the Southern Conference, Missouri Valley Conference, Southland Conference and Ivy League were all considered Major College schools - and for one season (1977) - so was the SWAC.

The major Eastern independents (Penn St., Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Temple, Army, Navy, Villanova, Colgate & West Virginia) all competed for the Lambert Trophy, which was given each year to the top indy from the East.

The Southwest Conference & Big Eight were still in existence, and Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Miami, Florida St., South Carolina & Tulane were still independents.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the split up of Division I in 1978 that created divisions 1-A (FBS) and 1-AA (FCS), the Southern Conference, Missouri Valley Conference, Southland Conference and Ivy League were all considered Major College schools - and for one season (1977) - so was the SWAC.

The major Eastern independents (Penn St., Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Temple, Army, Navy, Villanova, Colgate & West Virginia) all competed for the Lambert Trophy, which was given each year to the top indy from the East.

The Southwest Conference & Big Eight were still in existence, and Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Miami, Florida St., South Carolina & Tulane were still independents.
so do you miss it errrrrrrrrrrr?