• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we give KC the Luck deal?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they can catch passes from brian hoyer ? again you miss it

I know there is a 90% chance KC will be back but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe that there is a possibility that the Redskins will give Cousins $87M+ in guaranteed money? What are you smoking?

He is going to want what Luck got. This is my whole point of the thread.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You rarely ever see the middle ground on anything - that is why it is hard to debate with you. In this instance you see three possibilities - 1. Redskins move on from Cousins 2. Cousins signs for Luck type money or 3. Cousins agrees to sign for a substantially lower amt to help out the rest of the team.

Have you ever thought that maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle? Cmon.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He & his agent can want whatever they like. It is only a starting pt - they ain't getting it. It may be a large amt - but not the same as that contract especially w/ the guaranteed money.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You rarely ever see the middle ground on anything - that is why it is hard to debate with you. In this instance you see three possibilities - 1. Redskins move on from Cousins 2. Cousins signs for Luck type money or 3. Cousins agrees to sign for a substantially lower amt to help out the rest of the team.

Have you ever thought that maybe the answer is somewhere in the middle? Cmon.

Sure it can be in the middle.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it can be in the middle.

Ok fair enough. We just need to remember that we are basically exchanging in fan talk here which very likely bears no resemblance to what is actually taking place in this situation. I have faith that this will be worked out to the satisfaction of the team, Cousins and most fans.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok fair enough. We just need to remember that we are basically exchanging in fan talk here which very likely bears no resemblance to what is actually taking place in this situation. I have faith that this will be worked out to the satisfaction of the team, Cousins and most fans.

Right but we don't know what will happen. Overpay? underpay? franchise? released? we don't know.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees already proved he can win. The 2nd eagles game the defense made the game winning sack fumble. The cle game Norman made the game winning pick. Cravens made the game winning pick against the NYG. I know he would be asking for the Luck deal.

What you're not getting is that in all those games, the defense should have never gotten to the point where they needed big plays like that. For instance, in the Browns game, Isiah Crowell and Duke Johnson gashed us all day and the Browns offense was able to convert some long third downs. That should've NEVER have happened. The Eagles and Giants games also fall into those same categories, especially the Giants game. Defenses should never have to depend on turnovers like we did to make stops.

As for Brees, I'm talking about the last three seasons. He's 21-27 over that period of time with no playoff appearances. My question is whether he's still worth the jack that the Saints are paying him.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not missing anything. This is not a slam dunk as you think it is. There was a reason why SM didn't sign him long term last year. Im not getting into other QB's now its too early.

That was because it was a legit attempt at risk management. Kirk didn't have a real long body of work and the Redskins wanted the security of a franchise tag to keep him around. Those concerns aren't ones that SM can rely on now.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but we don't know what will happen. Overpay? underpay? franchise? released? we don't know.

Let me ask you something Dean. If we let Cousins test the FA market, what do you think he'd get? Before answering that question, consider the following QB-needy teams and the amounts of cap space they have:

Browns: $110M
Niners: $80M
Jags: $64M
Bears: $58M

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cousins should have been offered a long term deal last year, now despite what we've heard in interviews, his team has leverage. If I'm this dudes agent, Synder will have to make my client one of the richest QBs in the league for doubting. If he declines, the Jets, 49ers, Bears and Broncos will still offer 20mil. The QB class of 2017 does not look like a bunch of immediate starters.

so, NO....I don't take this offer.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins should have been offered a long term deal last year, now despite what we've heard in interviews, his team has leverage. If I'm this dudes agent, Synder will have to make my client one of the richest QBs in the league for doubting. If he declines, the Jets, 49ers, Bears and Broncos will still offer 20mil. The QB class of 2017 does not look like a bunch of immediate starters.

so, NO....I don't take this offer.

So you think he gets more than Luck?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you something Dean. If we let Cousins test the FA market, what do you think he'd get? Before answering that question, consider the following QB-needy teams and the amounts of cap space they have:

Browns: $110M
Niners: $80M
Jags: $64M
Bears: $58M

We have 70M. I really don't know. Will he get more than Luck?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 70M. I really don't know. Will he get more than Luck?

No. He's not worth that (yet) but should get something in the neighborhood of that. The Redskins should look to sign him sooner rather than later to avoid Stafford's contract expanding the market, which it will. The team is lucky that Carr got hurt because he was due for a large extension this year. Carr and Kirk are similar in terms of experience and production and either would be waiting for the other to sign first. That's probably who Kirk was referring to in his interview with Danny Rouhier and Grant Paulsen.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think he gets more than Luck?

I would like to see a long term deal done but his agent may consider Luck's deal old news and request more.
This could lead to another tag.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He's not worth that (yet) but should get something in the neighborhood of that. The Redskins should look to sign him sooner rather than later to avoid Stafford's contract expanding the market, which it will. The team is lucky that Carr got hurt because he was due for a large extension this year. Carr and Kirk are similar in terms of experience and production and either would be waiting for the other to sign first. That's probably who Kirk was referring to in his interview with Danny Rouhier and Grant Paulsen.

Someone said this on the NFL general board.

Kirk could potentially get $26.5+ mil per yr... $90 million guaranteed. These were the numbers I was hearing yesterday.

Doesn't that destroy the Luck deal?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so give me the replacement if you dont want to pay him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cant do that now. I don't know all of the FA QB's or College QB's coming out. Plus we could always roll with Colt for one year. Would you really give KC 90 million guaranteed? That is a joke. If I am going to dish out that kind of money I want a proven winner.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our new starting QB should be ABC

Anyone
But
Cousins

Thats the general vibe being pushed

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant do that now. I don't know all of the FA QB's or College QB's coming out. Plus we could always roll with Colt for one year. Would you really give KC 90 million guaranteed? That is a joke. If I am going to dish out that kind of money I want a proven winner.

so you dont have a plan ? colt is the best you got ? laughable