• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we give KC the Luck deal?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're also assuming that a QB search would only take 3-5 years. How long has it been since we had our last franchise QB (Joey T)? Note: he got injured back in 1985.

you are not looking at supporting casts. that matters.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Luck deserved his contract he got. KC doesn't deserve a Luck contract but in your opinion we have to pay it and hope he becomes better.

Let's put aside the respective worth between Luck and Cuz for the moment. There's another consideration: the market. Luck's deal will be one season old now. KC should get close to or what Luck got back last offseason. And he should get far, far in excess of Osweiler's crap four year, $72M deal. Kirk blew signing the tag too early last year. If he waited even a few days, he would've been in a much better bargaining position then.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put aside the respective worth between Luck and Cuz for the moment. There's another consideration: the market. Luck's deal will be one season old now. KC should get close to or what Luck got back last offseason. And he should get far, far in excess of Osweiler's crap four year, $72M deal. Kirk blew signing the tag too early last year. If he waited even a few days, he would've been in a much better bargaining position then.

That's fine. If I was KC I would take less money but on the flip side PG, VD, and DJ must come back. KC supporting cast has a lot to do with his passing numbers. He has no running game which is a feather in his cap to have this type of success but im still skeptical at this point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matter of fact KC should sign the Osweleir deal to make sure everyone comes back and prove to everyone that he can lead this team to a Super Bowl.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. If I was KC I would take less money but on the flip side PG, VD, and DJ must come back. KC supporting cast has a lot to do with his passing numbers. He has no running game which is a feather in his cap to have this type of success but im still skeptical at this point.

I don't see how you're that skeptical. I always have my doubts on players. But Kirk's second year has erased most of them.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matter of fact KC should sign the Osweleir deal to make sure everyone comes back and prove to everyone that he can lead this team to a Super Bowl.

There's no way he's signing the Oweiler deal. That would be a huge slap in his face. The Oweiler deal is also one-year old and Osweiler is absolute garbage.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how you're that skeptical. I always have my doubts on players. But Kirk's second year has erased most of them.

How can it by watching the 1st Cowboys game, Ari, Car, and Sundays game. He isn't dominating anyone. He puts up great numbers against the Bears. Who cares?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can it by watching the 1st Cowboys game, Ari, Car, and Sundays game. He isn't dominating anyone. He puts up great numbers against the Bears. Who cares?

Not sure about the Arizona game and how you think he didn't do well there. Plenty of pundits think he did. And everyone has stinkers now and then. Did you watch Drew Brees play in his first game against the Bucs? And not dominating anyone? Did you watch the second Cowboys game?

While Kirk needs to improve, he's basically done more than his part. It's like trying to keep refinancing your house to cover debts you keep incurring. At some point in time, that well will run dry. And it's not the well's fault when it does.

Speaking about Brees, he passed for more than 5,000 yards this season on 37 TDs, 15 INTs. Yet he's also QB'ed a Saints teams with three straight losing records. Would you lowball him on an extension too?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the Arizona game and how you think he didn't do well there. Plenty of pundits think he did. And everyone has stinkers now and then. Did you watch Drew Brees play in his first game against the Bucs? And not dominating anyone? Did you watch the second Cowboys game?

While Kirk needs to improve, he's basically done more than his part. It's like trying to keep refinancing your house to cover debts you keep incurring. At some point in time, that well will run dry. And it's not the well's fault when it does.

Game ending pick against Ari, Plus admitting he didn't call the right oline protection. He didn't dominate the Cowboys. We didnt have a TD in the first half. Dallas blew its coverage on the DJ TD pass. That doesn't mean he dominated.

He dominated a banged up Packers D. But when the playoffs are on the line he cant beat Car and NYG at home? cmon man. Now he is going to get rewarded. SM must being going nuts right now on what to do.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game ending pick against Ari, Plus admitting he didn't call the right oline protection. He didn't dominate the Cowboys. We didnt have a TD in the first half. Dallas blew its coverage on the DJ TD pass. That doesn't mean he dominated.

He dominated a banged up Packers D. But when the playoffs are on the line he cant beat Car and NYG at home? cmon man. Now he is going to get rewarded. SM must being going nuts right now on what to do.

And who got the team so close to the playoffs? KC. How many top defenses did he face this year? Warren Sharp opined that the Redskins faced, on average, the third best passing defense this year. While I agree with you on some points, you can't argue against how well the team did with a first place schedule, no running game, no defense, and a near 5,000 yard season with 25 TDs. You can cherry pick the times when he didn't do well, but there are far, far fewer than the times that will justify him being the MVP of this team.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spoken like a true fan. It is easy for any of us to make these type of statements, but you are talking about the guy's livelihood. I would not blame anyone for trying to get as much $$ as possible in situation that could set him & his family up very well forever. Sure - he may want to not go too crazy in order to leave some room for other teammates (to ensure success on the field) but only to a degree. This is a game for most of us - for someone like Cousins this is his life.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who got the team so close to the playoffs? KC. How many top defenses did he face this year? Warren Sharp opined that the Redskins faced, on average, the third best passing defense this year. While I agree with you on some points, you can't argue against how well the team did with a first place schedule, no running game, no defense, and a near 5,000 yard season with 25 TDs. You can cherry pick the times when he didn't do well, but there are far, far fewer than the times that will justify him being the MVP of this team.

True, but we are talking major money here. We cant get this wrong. If KC asks for more than what Luck got then I would have issue with it. It's a money/talent thing with me. He hasn't won anything. By the way Brock has a chance to win a playoff game. lol. IF KC won the Car or NYg game you wouldn't hear a peep from me. Those games are very troubling. Plus the defense did win games for KC this year. NYG, Cle, MIn, Bal,and the two Eagles games. That is 6 games where the defense had to step up and win the game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a true fan. It is easy for any of us to make these type of statements, but you are talking about the guy's livelihood. I would not blame anyone for trying to get as much $$ as possible in situation that could set him & his family up very well forever. Sure - he may want to not go too crazy in order to leave some room for other teammates (to ensure success on the field) but only to a degree. This is a game for most of us - for someone like Cousins this is his life.

The guy is already set for life by earning 20M this year. cmon man.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but we are talking major money here. We cant get this wrong. If KC asks for more than what Luck got then I would have issue with it. It's a money/talent thing with me. He hasn't won anything. By the way Brock has a chance to win a playoff game. lol. IF KC won the Car or NYg game you wouldn't hear a peep from me. Those games are very troubling. Plus the defense did win games for KC this year. NYG, Cle, MIn, Bal,and the two Eagles games. That is 6 games where the defense had to step up and win the game.

I'd give you the Baltimore game for sure, but that's only because the now-fired Ravens o-coor stopped running the ball. In the first Eagle game, their offense didn't hit the field a whole lot because of non-offensive TDs. The second game was hardly any feat by the defense. It almost lost us the game to a rookie QB. In the other games, I don't see how you think the defense helped us out. For instance, in the Cleveland game, they were gashing our defense and converting countless third downs. It was this pressure the defense put on the offense and Kirk that required them to step up and win the game (in addition to a nice fumble recovery call to boot).

As to a Luck type of deal, the money may appear to be large, but the cap hit is actually less for the first two years than his current tag. Not sure why you think it's such a big deal. In Year 3, we can cut him and actually save money.

And what about Drew Brees? In the past three years, the Saints have had losing records and didn't qualify for the playoffs. Is he no longer worth the money they're paying him?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is already set for life by earning 20M this year. cmon man.

Not really - everyone can always use more to give his kids and their kids as much as they need moving forward. Are you telling me that if someone offered you another $100M you would basically say "No thanks - I already have $20M - don't need anymore". Get real. Again - I don't begrudge anyone for making the max possible, but I am sure that Cousins will settle for less to help somewhat in retaining the rest of his offense and team.

BTW - no way is he getting anywhere near the bonus money that was in the Luck deal. They can ask & posture all they like - ain't happening.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KC walk the Redskins will be able to meet both asking prices.
so they can catch passes from brian hoyer ? again you miss it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give you the Baltimore game for sure, but that's only because the now-fired Ravens o-coor stopped running the ball. In the first Eagle game, their offense didn't hit the field a whole lot because of non-offensive TDs. The second game was hardly any feat by the defense. It almost lost us the game to a rookie QB. In the other games, I don't see how you think the defense helped us out. For instance, in the Cleveland game, they were gashing our defense and converting countless third downs. It was this pressure the defense put on the offense and Kirk that required them to step up and win the game (in addition to a nice fumble recovery call to boot).

As to a Luck type of deal, the money may appear to be large, but the cap hit is actually less for the first two years than his current tag. Not sure why you think it's such a big deal. In Year 3, we can cut him and actually save money.

And what about Drew Brees? In the past three years, the Saints have had losing records and didn't qualify for the playoffs. Is he no longer worth the money they're paying him?

Brees already proved he can win. The 2nd eagles game the defense made the game winning sack fumble. The cle game Norman made the game winning pick. Cravens made the game winning pick against the NYG. I know he would be asking for the Luck deal.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really - everyone can always use more to give his kids and their kids as much as they need moving forward. Are you telling me that if someone offered you another $100M you would basically say "No thanks - I already have $20M - don't need anymore". Get real. Again - I don't begrudge anyone for making the max possible, but I am sure that Cousins will settle for less to help somewhat in retaining the rest of his offense and team.

BTW - no way is he getting anywhere near the bonus money that was in the Luck deal. They can ask & posture all they like - ain't happening.

You don't know that for sure. Yes, I believe KC should take less to keep guys or add guys here. Why? b/c he hasn't won anything yet.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they can catch passes from brian hoyer ? again you miss it

Not missing anything. This is not a slam dunk as you think it is. There was a reason why SM didn't sign him long term last year. Im not getting into other QB's now its too early.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know that for sure. Yes, I believe KC should take less to keep guys or add guys here. Why? b/c he hasn't won anything yet.

So you believe that there is a possibility that the Redskins will give Cousins $87M+ in guaranteed money? What are you smoking?