• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Directv customers..

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Pass is better, basically you get direct feed of games with all the bell and whistles.
It was going to happen, it was only a matter of time.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Pass is better, basically you get direct feed of games with all the bell and whistles.
It was going to happen, it was only a matter of time.

I'm going to have to look into it. We are looking at ditching Directv again, not because of Dtv but because it's sooo much cheaper just having online content now. NFL is the only real hang up programming wise.

The other hang up is the family loves being able to just channel surf, which is a bit easier than on internet.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to have to look into it. We are looking at ditching Directv again, not because of Dtv but because it's sooo much cheaper just having online content now. NFL is the only real hang up programming wise.

The other hang up is the family loves being able to just channel surf, which is a bit easier than on internet.
With game pass you can watch on phone or PC, you get 4 devices with the basic package.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With game pass you can watch on phone or PC, you get 4 devices with the basic package.

Definitely going to give it a serious look this coming season.

MLB gamepass was cheaper this year too, the wife and I were just talking about it today as far as getting that instead of the MLB ticket.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dude I travel a lot for work too, so I use my Amazon Fire Stick all the time, hotel tv sucks.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Direct TV and the games on here. I have the Ticket since it was free, vut Im canxeling it tomorrow. I watched all 16 Dallas games on network TV, no way am I paying for it when I get my game anyhow.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Direct TV and the games on here. I have the Ticket since it was free, vut Im canxeling it tomorrow. I watched all 16 Dallas games on network TV, no way am I paying for it when I get my game anyhow.

Similar problem, even though we live in NC we could watch more than half of the Pats games on regular tv. Add in the fact I often go to 1-4 games a season and...

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dude I travel a lot for work too, so I use my Amazon Fire Stick all the time, hotel tv sucks.

I have Roku been great you get a lot of old stuff free . if you are amazon prime you get a lot of free movies . slingtv gives you 20 channels and espn for bout 20 bucks about what we watch . streaming is going to make sat tv and cable the next phone line to the house . but isn't game pass like a 3 hour delay ?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Roku been great you get a lot of old stuff free . if you are amazon prime you get a lot of free movies . slingtv gives you 20 channels and espn for bout 20 bucks about what we watch . streaming is going to make sat tv and cable the next phone line to the house . but isn't game pass like a 3 hour delay ?

The wife and I were just talking about cutting the cable again.

I don't hardly watch Dtv, and use the Roku at home, and my Fire Stick when I'm on the road.

The older teen daughter only uses the Roku

The wife doesn't care one way or the other.

And the youngest daughter watches Sponge Bob on a loop I think.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the question? With ST, for many years in my market, we got only regular season games. With GP, got all preseason games, all RS games and then supposedly all PO games.
Also, one click to watch any game you missed.
NFL Game Pass > Sunday Ticket.
EOS.

Good old cable plus Sunday Ticket is the tonic for my troops.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of 2015 we only had internet, with Roku on every tv, and a high end antenna. (Still have it on the house.)

So to get football I got the Sunday Ticket on Roku, but to do so I had to change one of my credit cards to a family members house address that was in an HOA in order to qualify.

We have since gone back to Dirctv set up in our house and have the Sunday Ticket again.

Can you now get Game Pass regardless of where you live? Because that was the issue before. They disqualified your address if sat. service is allowed.

This one actually,

images

Roku? Isn't that some candy that looks like used cat litter?

Give me good old cable. No bitching if you can afford it.

And if you can't, there's always almond roku......

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roku? Isn't that some candy that looks like used cat litter?

Give me good old cable. No bitching if you can afford it.

And if you can't, there's always almond roku......

I actually like internet content/tv. It takes a little while to get used to the different style of surfing, but there is nearly nothing on cable that I can't get on internet.

Cable is nearly dead, but they will recover in a few years when they finally realize they need to go a la carte.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like internet content/tv. It takes a little while to get used to the different style of surfing, but there is nearly nothing on cable that I can't get on internet.

Cable is nearly dead, but they will recover in a few years when they finally realize they need to go a la carte.

Oh i Agree. It's hard switching cable providers too.

We use Telus Communications. Good Cable system but shitty internet connection. We want to switch to Shaw Communications. My Youngest brother works in their call center. He is the biggest reason for the switch (and his Salesman pitch). Me and my parents have made have had a year long discussion for what channels we want.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We use Telus Communications. Good Cable system but shitty internet connection. We want to switch to Shaw Communications. My Youngest brother works in their call center. He is the biggest reason for the switch (and his Salesman pitch). Me and my parents have made have had a year long discussion for what channels we want.
I used to have slow internet but I made them run a new drop from the pole . while looking at the old wire it was a lot of bare spots so when it rained or wind blowing so after 30 years it needed replacing .

if your wife loves hallmark channel it comes with about 5 other channels and only 5 bucks a month on slingtv .

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing where Game Pass shows games hours later on delay. If this is true how can anyone claim it's better than the Sunday Ticket where you don't have to wait 4 hours in the cone of silence? And of course you can't record a stream which prevents watching on delay to skip commercials, pausing for the pizza delivery, as well as backing up and re-watching big plays or hot cheerleaders. Just seems like a totally different and inferior experience.

Last edited:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaw here and I'm not overly fussed about internet speed as all I use it for is things like this dump.

Cable is the simplest, least fuss and muss.

Cheaper is not by definition better.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
It's the dispute with Hearst.
Lost it here on New Years eve as we were watching Times square festivities.
Problem here is the Hearst Corp. carries both the local NBC feed, and the local ABC feed.
So I have neither until they get their shit together.
Fucking TV shouldn't be so cot damn difficult.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the dispute with Hearst.
Lost it here on New Years eve as we were watching Times square festivities.
Problem here is the Hearst Corp. carries both the local NBC feed, and the local ABC feed.
So I have neither until they get their shit together.
Fucking TV shouldn't be so cot damn difficult.
Antenna?