• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Directv customers..

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that nowhere on there does it say that they have live regular season games. They say they have live preseason games but just replay regular season games.

I streamed live NFL games this year, $20 for 3 mos. but it wasn't the NFL PASS.

There is about a 8 sec delay from live TV, 720 HD quality (they said, didn't seem like it all the time to me) but otherwise it wasn't bad...every game, every week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is about a 8 sec delay from live TV, 720 HD quality (they said, didn't seem like it all the time to me) but otherwise it wasn't bad...every game, every week.

What did you use?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you use?

DigitalDirect TV was the servicer but it was marketed on NFL.com

Right now there is a battle brewing...ATT/Direct TV has just started marketing Fiber 1000 here, Comcast is gearing up to keep customers...I've already been called.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds like a pretty good option but of course if you are like me and have the main game on one TV and the Red Zone on the other the RZC would screw you up by going to your game and spoiling the outcome.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got into watching "My Fantasy Team" I just set my team and check on it about every 10/15 minutes. I much rather just enjoy the Cowboys rather than jumping around like a pingpong ball. This is my first year with RedZone, dont care for it either, but i dontbjust watch football for the scores, I enjiy the chess match being played throughout.

Not a RedZone fan either and for the exact reason you mention here. I like to settle into a game and watch the "Chess Matches"... the Momentum shifts... the ebb and flow of a game. You cannot get that with RedZone. Occasionally I will set the big screen on the GameMix channel and have multiple games on but still maintain focus on one game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a RedZone fan either and for the exact reason you mention here. I like to settle into a game and watch the "Chess Matches"... the Momentum shifts... the ebb and flow of a game. You cannot get that with RedZone. Occasionally I will set the big screen on the GameMix channel and have multiple games on but still maintain focus on one game.

My problem with Red Zone is that for the Broncos this past year they wouldn't have hardly got any air time because they couldn't get into the red zone.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with Red Zone is that for the Broncos this past year they wouldn't have hardly got any air time because they couldn't get into the red zone.

#Rimshot

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I started with 4 on Sunday AM. All recording. By 1:30 I'd whittled it down to 3 but was watching every play in all 3.

In the afternoon I had 4 recording and let all 4 go the distance.

No commercials, no halftimes, very little between plays either.

I go through a lot of batteries.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got one of those for X-mas..........Just now starting out on seeing what I can get last night.

I have the Sunday tix for like 280 a year and looking for a cheaper way to get the games.
We went thru all the sports channels last night,but not sure that's what I want.
The NFL Network is not the same.Had it on Roku last night and went to another tv and no its not the same.They have the same programs,but its not live............

So if you/anyone has had Roku this last football season,can you get the local channel games?Sunday night,Monday night and Thursday night games?

The NFL is pretty much the only reason I have DTV..............

When we were full time internet TV we used an antenna for local stations. You can also get sling tv which gives you local stations but might not be from your market. Since we didn't have directv I got the Sunday Ticket by switching one of my throw away credit cards to my in=laws address because they live in an HOA so when DTV check my address it came up as approved to purchase without DTV. Would buffer every now and then but wasn't that bad.

It takes some getting used to that's for sure.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we were full time internet TV we used an antenna for local stations. You can also get sling tv which gives you local stations but might not be from your market. Since we didn't have directv I got the Sunday Ticket by switching one of my throw away credit cards to my in=laws address because they live in an HOA so when DTV check my address it came up as approved to purchase without DTV. Would buffer every now and then but wasn't that bad.

It takes some getting used to that's for sure.

If you weren't tighter than a nun's twat you could have cable and be free from all the shenanigans.....

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started with 4 on Sunday AM. All recording. By 1:30 I'd whittled it down to 3 but was watching every play in all 3.

In the afternoon I had 4 recording and let all 4 go the distance.

No commercials, no halftimes, very little between plays either.

I go through a lot of batteries

Not to mention wives.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you weren't tighter than a nun's twat you could have cable and be free from all the shenanigans.....

I know right? Don't get me wrong, I"m a deal making kind of guy too. But getting a change of address card at the MVA for my buddy's address so I could save $10 per round at a local golf course is not the same as what some of these guys are putting themselves through.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got into watching "My Fantasy Team" I just set my team and check on it about every 10/15 minutes. I much rather just enjoy the Cowboys rather than jumping around like a pingpong ball. This is my first year with RedZone, dont care for it either, but i dontbjust watch football for the scores, I enjiy the chess match being played throughout.

I set one tv for the Bears game,the other one I flip thru it..........Redzone,meh,I like to watch the plays that get them to the redzone too,not just when they get there.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right? Don't get me wrong, I"m a deal making kind of guy too. But getting a change of address card at the MVA for my buddy's address so I could save $10 per round at a local golf course is not the same as what some of these guys are putting themselves through.

If I save $10 a round it saves me $30.

Because every time I play I'm paying for 3. Prodigal son and daughter as well.

But then again, I'm not tighter than a nun's twat....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I set one tv for the Bears game,the other one I flip thru it..........Redzone,meh,I like to watch the plays that get them to the redzone too,not just when they get there.

Pretty much sure that even though I have Sunday Ticket and watched 4 AM games and as many PM games as were worthy, that I never watched a Bears game. Honestly, so forgettable have the Bears been this year that I can't even recall if Dallas played them, although I think they did.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much sure that even though I have Sunday Ticket and watched 4 AM games and as many PM games as were worthy, that I never watched a Bears game. Honestly, so forgettable have the Bears been this year that I can't even recall if Dallas played them, although I think they did.

Well you didn`t miss much..........Kinda like watching someone fish.......boring.

And yeah,they did,we hung in there to the tune of 31-17...........Not bad I thought.:rolleyes2:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should correct something. The Red Zone Channel doesn't only show red zone opportunities. Often there are no teams in the red zone so they jump around showing regular plays, if a big play happens you get to see it within seconds. Of course there aren't as many late games so you get a real look at those games, not just goal line runs. It really is fantastic if you haven't spent an afternoon checking it out.