• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Directv customers..

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I click the link and get this:

Why NFL Game Pass is for you...
Missed your favorite team play on Sunday? Replay every game including the playoffs and Super Bowl. Have limited time to catch up? Watch condensed games in about 45 minutes. Want to hear your local radio broadcast? Listen to live home-or-away audio.DO I GET LIVE GAMES

When I click the live link above, I get:

What regular season or postseason games are available live?

To watch…

Live regular season and postseason games are not available to watch with NFL Game Pass.

You may have gotten the international version.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do. It is live for those who are international.

This is straight from the subscription terms and conditions...

NFL Game Pass (Domestic) available to users in the United States, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands (collectively, the "NFL Game Pass Domestic Included Territories"): includes access to live and archived video of NFL preseason games, archived video of regular season and post-season games);

The bolded part is what we are talking about. They are archived games not live.
Sorry for the confusion, I do live overseas and we get the games live, with no delay. I assumed US was the same programming.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not understand why the international version is the only way to watch live. I also don't understand how you can trick them into thinking you live out of the country. As for watching games via streaming bootlegs way too many stories of people unable to hook up and I'll be damned if I'm going to find out at 1:01 that I can't get the game. And again no DVR functions.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Game Pass the same one you get on Roku?

Got one of those for X-mas..........Just now starting out on seeing what I can get last night.

I have the Sunday tix for like 280 a year and looking for a cheaper way to get the games.
We went thru all the sports channels last night,but not sure that's what I want.
The NFL Network is not the same.Had it on Roku last night and went to another tv and no its not the same.They have the same programs,but its not live............

So if you/anyone has had Roku this last football season,can you get the local channel games?Sunday night,Monday night and Thursday night games?

The NFL is pretty much the only reason I have DTV..............

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Direct TV and the games on here. I have the Ticket since it was free, vut Im canxeling it tomorrow. I watched all 16 Dallas games on network TV, no way am I paying for it when I get my game anyhow.

Similar problem, even though we live in NC we could watch more than half of the Pats games on regular tv. Add in the fact I often go to 1-4 games a season and...

well I watch all Bear games,and I got two tvs side by side,one for the Bear game and the other to watch my my fantasy team........With out being able to watch my fantasy team,I`d still have to keep the Sunday tix.(I can`t live without it)

And do the pregame shows come on with Roku?
Not that I really need to watch them,but I always have it on.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like internet content/tv. It takes a little while to get used to the different style of surfing, but there is nearly nothing on cable that I can't get on internet.

Cable is nearly dead, but they will recover in a few years when they finally realize they need to go a la carte.

I was thinking the same thing...........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get why people continue to pay for DirectTV or DishNetwork.

I GET DirectTV if you're a DIE HARD NFL fan and from the south because you're clearly an ignorant stupid redneck to realize that the NFL Redzone and all NFL channels you pay for can be clearly had online for free, but whatever.

As for Comcast, they are the devil, but they give the best deals. $200 for a 150 gb Internet connection, EVERY channel (ALL PREMIUM), and two DVR boxes. Everyone basically has to go through Comcast anyway for Internet and if you want the 150gb connection by itself it's like $110. By the time you get done with that and then get the Dish crap it's well over $200, and you gotta deal with a crappy dish.

Living in Chicago, New York, ANY PLACE THAT FUCKING SNOWS!? Good luck with that dish... you'll be out there brushing it off with a broom because you lose reception. Dad has a cabin in Washington where it snowed. We were out there brooming it off every 2 hours to get reception.

Meanwhile here, I enjoy my **** on the TV 24/7 with zero interruptions. Ever gone outside to brush off a TV with KY Jelly or Astroglide glued to your dick? Yah.. not so fun.

Fuck DIRECTTV, fuck Dish Network, and FUCK YOU ALL!

On a separate note, mint Hershey kisses are underrated.

I am die-hard.........I can`t live without watching my fantasy team.(its a bad habit I know).
And I rarely ever have problems with snow on my dish,maybe once every two years,and that's maybe.......

So bite me.......And yes mint Hershey kisses are great..........:agree:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,044.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait this is great news if the games are in fact live. We are planning on moving out of the area at retirement and I'm trying to figure out a way to tap into the games. Slingbox is an alternative, then I can access the local channels for all the teams. This is one as well but only if it's live or close to live.

You get local channels on slingbox?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get local channels on slingbox?

Yeah it taps into the cable box so you get everything it gets. What you need is a friend or family member in that market that can dedicate a line and box just for your slingbox, otherwise (I believe) you will be watching what they are watching if you tap their main cable box.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it taps into the cable box so you get everything it gets. What you need is a friend or family member in that market that can dedicate a line and box just for your slingbox, otherwise (I believe) you will be watching what they are watching if you tap their main cable box.
SlingBox is the way I'd go, simply set one up with a cousin in Dallas and watch Dallas TV.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I watch all Bear games,and I got two tvs side by side,one for the Bear game and the other to watch my my fantasy team........With out being able to watch my fantasy team,I`d still have to keep the Sunday tix.(I can`t live without it)

And do the pregame shows come on with Roku?
Not that I really need to watch them,but I always have it on.
I never got into watching "My Fantasy Team" I just set my team and check on it about every 10/15 minutes. I much rather just enjoy the Cowboys rather than jumping around like a pingpong ball. This is my first year with RedZone, dont care for it either, but i dontbjust watch football for the scores, I enjiy the chess match being played throughout.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking so too, obviously pay for the additional box rental.
I didn't know it would change channels at the house too, but still 5 or 10 bucks for a slingbox dedicated box along with a streaming system is a big money saver. We cut from cable this past August to DTV so I'm tied to them until 2018, next up is a stream service so my technology challenged wife can learn how that works and soon Ill be free of paying big money for TV. I plan on a whole house HD antenna and streaming in the near future.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know it would change channels at the house too, but still 5 or 10 bucks for a slingbox dedicated box along with a streaming system is a big money saver. We cut from cable this past August to DTV so I'm tied to them until 2018, next up is a stream service so my technology challenged wife can learn how that works and soon Ill be free of paying big money for TV. I plan on a whole house HD antenna and streaming in the near future.

Yeah like I said I'm pretty sure it taps into the box's signal. So when your cousin is watching Punky Brewster reruns on his main box that's what you will be watching unless you can tap into an unused box. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like I said I'm pretty sure it taps into the box's signal. So when your cousin is watching Punky Brewster reruns on his main box that's what you will be watching unless you can tap into an unused box. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I just did a quick read on it and I believe you're right. If you change the channel on the Slingbox you change the channel at home. I was wondering if two people can watch Slingbox at once? I'm pretty sure my cousin gonna watch the game and that's all I really care about.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did a quick read on it and I believe you're right. If you change the channel on the Slingbox you change the channel at home. I was wondering if two people can watch Slingbox at once? I'm pretty sure my cousin gonna watch the game and that's all I really care about.

You mean 2 people watching remotely at once? I have to think so, just have the same log in maybe? As for your cousin if he is watching on his box you can tap that signal. But if I'm your cousins I'm not sure I like the idea of you being able to tap in and see what I am watching at any given moment.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't beat the convenience of my 6 barrelled multi room PVR. No fuss, no muss, missus can watch what she wants, I can watch what I want, everybody is happy and no fucking about.......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not understand why the international version is the only way to watch live. I also don't understand how you can trick them into thinking you live out of the country. As for watching games via streaming bootlegs way too many stories of people unable to hook up and I'll be damned if I'm going to find out at 1:01 that I can't get the game. And again no DVR functions.

International rules are much different than local rules. For example the NFL has a deal with DirectTV but that is only here in the United States. The deal with DirectTV and Cable companies is that the games will not be available anywhere else live (at least legally). That is why NFL GamePass is delayed here in the United. Overseas though they are under no such restrictions so yes they can broadcast them all live no problem.

As for tricking a company into thinking you are overseas you can look it up online to see what it takes. People have been doing it especially for things like Netflix where certain countries get certain streaming rights.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually U r not suppose to tap into the neighbors box thats stealing cable (not that theres anything wrong with that ) Its for use with your own tv provider:suds: