• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did UCFs push to claim they belong in the playoff take a hit today?

Sublight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking UCF or Notre Dame?

giphy.gif
I want to read that book that is your Avatar.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF would lose multiple games in the PAC. Yes the PAC. Now let that sink in for a minute.

SHillTiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I gave half a fuck my wife was pissed...

So your saying she stays pissed most of the time then? :sorry: I couldnt resist the low hanging fruit. You just hung that pitch right out over the plate.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think App St will out grow that conf in a season or two.. They have been solid for years now and even tho they have 2 losses.. a 10 pt loss to PSU was still a good showing for them.

I thought they were going to fall off when Jerry Moore retired, nice that they were able to maintain the momentum, hopefully they can through this last change too.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think App St will out grow that conf in a season or two.. They have been solid for years now and even tho they have 2 losses.. a 10 pt loss to PSU was still a good showing for them.
To which other conference do you see them going?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the OP.. I say YES UCF took a big hit of sorts.. They are better than all the teams they face in their conf for the most part in the AAC..Yet they have struggled vs some of those teams and allowed tons of yards. But with these teams losing to the likes of Wake.. It gives more cred to the notion MANY teams could do what they did In their conf. Army scoring 70 points?? I knew they were decent vs OU but 70???
Houston didn't want to be there. :dhd:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic only makes sense, if you live in a world where Florida is somehow morally superior to UCF.
Where have you been man? All SEC teams are morally superior to the rest of college football and have been for several years now.

You are now up to date on all things CFP. U R welcome.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU suffered their 1st couple of years playing a P5 schedule.
True.

But TCU's best team (in recent history) was prior to being a P5. 2010 was better than any team since joining the Big 12 IMHO.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty bad argument here.

UCF schedules at least 2 P5 programs per season.

They are in no obligation to lose money for bad deals, nor should they be mandated to play a school close to them.

Nobody is running away from quality competition. White is running away from bad deals, which hurts the school.

Florida has yet to win a major bowl game this decade. UCF has a Fiesta and a Peach Bowl win.

And why should UCF take that deal, when other programs are willing to do 1 for 1, or agree to a match-up on a neutral site?

Your logic only makes sense, if you live in a world where Florida is somehow morally superior to UCF.

You brought up Boise State here, but the Broncos do not do 2 for 1 deals, as far as I can see. When they challenge big gun schools, it's mostly on neutral sites. And every year, they try to schedule at least two AQ schools.

I don't think White would object to playing at the Citrus Bowl every year with Florida. I further don't think he'll object to doing a single away game with Florida.

And lets face it, even if White took this deal, it's a not a guarantee they would move up past #8 in the subjective ranking, if they beat Florida on the road and went undefeated.

The goalposts always moves. Even when Boise State beat Georgia, the argument was, "Well, they still don't belong because they do not play more Georgia's". When Boise State went undefeated and beat Oregon, they couldn't get ranked past #6.
Boise has done 2 for 1s. We still have games to finish out on our 2 for 1 with Michigan State.
And, yes, we did get ranked higher than #6. In 2009 season we finished the season ranked #4. And for several weeks in 2010 we were ranked #2.
We've got home and homes scheduled with FSU, Okie State, 2 games left with Michigan State. We played neutral site games with VT, UGA and Ole Miss. We were begging for better competition. I don't see UCF putting in effort like that. And they need to put a contingency plan in place so they don't miss games due to weather. When was the last time they played a full season?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise has done 2 for 1s. We still have games to finish out on our 2 for 1 with Michigan State.
And, yes, we did get ranked higher than #6. In 2009 season we finished the season ranked #4. And for several weeks in 2010 we were ranked #2.
We've got home and homes scheduled with FSU, Okie State, 2 games left with Michigan State. We played neutral site games with VT, UGA and Ole Miss. We were begging for better competition. I don't see UCF putting in effort like that. And they need to put a contingency plan in place so they don't miss games due to weather. When was the last time they played a full season?

Thank you for that input. I don't follow Boise football, so I don't know they have took 2 for 1 deals.. I guess, UCF is fine with going to major bowl games, but not to the playoff.

In 2009, Boise State pre-bowls were ranked 6th. It wasn't until they played TCU they moved up.